ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:47:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: n64 loose joysticks and replacements  (Read 12519 times)
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 08:43:42 AM »

The soldering was bad on one of the cables going from the shoulder buttons. 
That should totally be fixable.  Tongue
Irregular programming
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 01:50:43 PM »

That should totally be fixable.  Tongue

I tried, but it's a very fine soldering point and it's not fixable with the normal iron that I had.

I was thinking of paying someone professional to fix it but I don't even run any% anymore so I just haven't gotten around to it.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 06:28:48 PM »

Good news perhaps. It seems there is a new revision of the GC style replacement stick. The maker of the GC style replacement sticks seems to be hyperkin. This seems to be the old version. However, they now have a new one. This seems to be a revision.

Someone on Assemblergames got one. The top is now rubber instead of plastic. Furthermore he says the sensitivity is good and there is no big deadzone any longer. On the Hyperkin website they also specificly state: "Works with Goldeneye on N64".

I think I will try to get one, they seem to be going for around 13-15$ including shipping.

xxshawn
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 10:02:44 PM »

I just got one of the new GCN styled sticks and it's not good for OOT. Deadzone feels almost like MM VC. Range isn't very good, there's a good amount of space between diagonals that only register the cardinal directions. The notches in the base have little effect on the stick, so it ends up feeling like a controller without notches. Pretty disappointed with this. Might be okay for other games, but for OOT it's essentially useless.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »

Does your stick have rubber on the top? Just wondering if it is the newest revision.
xxshawn
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 04:49:07 AM »

Does your stick have rubber on the top? Just wondering if it is the newest revision.

Yes. Checked to make sure it was the same model from the Hyperkin site and everything before ordering.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 11:09:57 AM »

Yes. Checked to make sure it was the same model from the Hyperkin site and everything before ordering.
That sucks to hear. I guess it also does not really help that the stick is smaller than the GameCube stick (otherwise it would not fit). That will make it more sensitive as well. But I figured if the deadzones made sense it would not really matter that much for ess. Angle changing would be a bit more difficult though, but that is not that important for most categories.

I guess these sticks are good enough for casual gaming.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: