ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:48:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun category ideas  (Read 8128 times)
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »

Okay guys. I was really bored in school today so of course I started to think about oot3d. What I came up with is that we should get some of the better oot3d minds together and route out some categories that would be just for fun and possibly set up a page where you can submit your times. I was thinking of things like:

•No farore's wind

•No stones/medallions

•Gold skultula races (haven't really though of amounts)

etc.

Let me know what you think about this and if you have any other ideas please post them  Smiley
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 03:56:43 AM »

The category youre creating from "no farore's wind" already kind of exists as "no wrong warp"
And no stones/medallions already exists as "ganonless" "NO ganonless" (oops)

I know neither of these are on leaderboards, but they are still an option.
Skulltula amount races might be fun on SRL but i dont think it would ever be considered a "category", except for maybe 100 unique skulltulas

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:24:29 AM by gamestabled » Logged

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 05:43:36 AM »

Doesn't entering a warp count as getting a Medallion/Stone though? It seems to count in 100% as the route says to use the Fire Temple blue warp to warp to the credits which obtains the fire medallion. Either way, it doesnt make much of a difference because if this was the case No Stones/Medallions would just DHWW to the Ganons Castle Collapse sequence anyway I assume.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 10:59:21 AM »

What we need for this game is a good puzzle race! Skulltula races could be interesting but the route would probably be really similar in a lot of ways to 100%. I don't know, I'm pretty happy with what we have. If you really want a challenge, you can always try out max% child. That route is pretty brutal and entertaining.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 01:23:18 AM »

And no stones/medallions already exists as "ganonless"

Doesn't entering a warp count as getting a Medallion/Stone though?

Oops i meant to say "no ganonless" my bad

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 03:42:56 AM »

You're right gamestabled. I forgot to take into account that there are two ways to dhww to the ganon fight. But with no farore's wind, you need to go through the game to get nocturne without dhww so then you can dhww to collapse bridge.
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 03:44:01 AM »

Sorry not dhww but riww to get nocturne. That's why no farore's wind would change a lot.
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 03:57:52 AM »

Ok gamestabled. I finally woke up and realized that no farore's wind is no wrong warp, so I thought it through and I am now changing the name to "no magic".
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 10:10:11 AM »

Okay guys. I was really bored in school today so of course I started to think about oot3d. What I came up with is that we should get some of the better oot3d minds together and route out some categories that would be just for fun and possibly set up a page where you can submit your times. I was thinking of things like:

•No farore's wind

•No stones/medallions

•Gold skultula races (haven't really though of amounts)

etc.

Let me know what you think about this and if you have any other ideas please post them  Smiley

I had thought about doing skulltula races recently, but I wanted to see if you could skip the SoT block for the Water Temple. You wouldn't have to get it and also skip completing each dungeon.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 03:30:30 PM »

It feels like we're very close to skipping it, we're just missing a way to void out... We have like 3 rooms we can do it in after all

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 03:55:41 PM »

You guys are talking about the longshot room right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: