ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 10:24:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: thoughts on banning PJ64 entirely from zsr leaderboards?  (Read 64013 times)
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2014, 12:21:29 AM »

In addition to everything else said, I would like to point out that on an emulator the haunted wasteland is nearly impossible to fail due to the brightness compared to console. You dont even need to learn the desert on emulator, you just go through it. For n64 I actually have to count the flags, know where they are, and know the second part. Its much harder on console.

If the brightness is the problem, you can turn up brightness on your TV or capture card. On the other hand, if you mean the draw distance is different, then yes it means its harder on N64 and easier on VC/GC/Emu; every platform has advantages and disadvantages.

Edit: Oh and also I like your idea Quo. Kappa b

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Njordr
Deku Scrub

God of the Winds and Seas

WWW Email
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2014, 11:20:52 PM »

Look what you guys made me do! DO YOU THINK I'M MADE OF MONEY?!

Jbop

« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2014, 12:06:41 AM »

This discussion made you buy the worst N64 version?

Because its OoT.
Njordr
Deku Scrub

God of the Winds and Seas

WWW Email
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2014, 12:25:50 AM »

Actually, kinda, yeah. It's literally the only one I could find locally, without paying for shipping and such.

Jbop

« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2014, 03:14:25 AM »

Haha fair enough

Because its OoT.
RWhiteGoose
Deku Scrub

~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~

WWW Email
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »

Did anything ever get done about this?  I'm starting to play OOT semi-seriously again.  My goals are always stuff like "Top 100," "Top 50," "Top 25," as opposed to specific times, so I'd like to compare my times on the leaderboards to everything EXCEPT emulators.  ie: see where I rank on a leaderboard of just iQue, N64 and VC. 

It seems fairly simple to just add an "All minus emulator" tab to sort by.  Is this anything that'll ever get done or has this discussion been put out by now?

only God can judge ya, forget the haters, 'cause somebody loves ya.
Jbop

« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »

Yeah, regardless of where you stand on the issue of banning emulator, it would be cool if the filter toggles were changed slightly so that you could have more than one active/inactive at once.

Because its OoT.
Jelster
Deku Scrub

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2015, 12:34:19 AM »

I'm pretty sure this topic isn't relevant anymore, but in case anyone who is in RWhiteGoose's situation reads this...

On speedrun.com there's an Ocarina of Time leaderboard. The runs there are just synced from the ZSR leaderboards, but only the verified runs make it on there. Since emulator runs never get verified, they won't make it to speedrun.com. So if you only want to compare yourself to runs done on official hardware, speedrun.com's leaderboards are the place to go.
Irregular programming
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2015, 03:18:59 PM »

I'm pretty sure this topic isn't relevant anymore, but in case anyone who is in RWhiteGoose's situation reads this...

On speedrun.com there's an Ocarina of Time leaderboard. The runs there are just synced from the ZSR leaderboards, but only the verified runs make it on there. Since emulator runs never get verified, they won't make it to speedrun.com. So if you only want to compare yourself to runs done on official hardware, speedrun.com's leaderboards are the place to go.

That's actually pretty cool, to bad it doesn't show ganonless.
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2015, 05:26:33 PM »

It does show Ganonless. Just hit "Show misc categories" at the top right.
Apasher
Regular Guay

« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2015, 06:35:52 PM »

Emu runs do get verified on speedrun.com, but they are hidden by default. There is an option to show runs on emu.
Irregular programming
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2015, 01:38:43 PM »

It does show Ganonless. Just hit "Show misc categories" at the top right.

Ah, thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: