ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 01:39:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 game marathon  (Read 61676 times)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2010, 10:59:17 PM »

Slowi:

In the first place, I wasn't talking about being ahead of schedule.
That is, in fact, what you said:

My question deals with completing each game before the time slot is up.

Regardless, I would say deal with those issues as they come. The person running the next game should be prepared to play both early and late.

In my opinion, things I see as important still:
1) Getting a charity to accept us (hopefully Child's Play)
2) Means having the site be organized completely; the charity is probably going to want to check us out and they don't want to see pages that aren't complete.
3) Testing people's streams to make sure all technical aspects are fine, as well as finalizing backups, commentators, and stuff (Zelda II still needs a runner I think).
4) Practice...

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2010, 11:12:26 PM »

Oops. You're right, RG. Sorry about that! I guess I made a mistake in my typing and apologies to Slowi if I came across as being rude.

I agree with your other points as well. There's still a lot to be done before the 9th-11th.

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2010, 02:32:18 AM »

Can you guys translate the V2 marathon times to PST?

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2010, 02:47:22 AM »

Subtract 3 hours you nub.

Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »

We need to contact a charity ASAP and then ADVERTISE A LOT.  Like email Kotaku, Penny Arcade, Joystiq, or whoever else.  Everyone who likes gaming should know about this before it happens.
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2010, 11:32:21 PM »

Considering that no one else wanted to do this, I mocked up the letter that we would send to the charities. It's a little rough around the edges, and my writing is a bit rusty from not having to write essays for a while, but it should be a good starting point:

Dear [Charity],

We here at ZeldaSpeedRuns are going to be raising money in a gaming marathon and would like to benefit a charity. We have looked into your organization and were wondering if you would like to sponsor us. We will be speedrunning the entire Zelda series for 48 hours straight, and we expect to finish well within the established timeframe. The marathon will begin at 9 PM EST on Friday, July 9th, and will end at 9PM EST on Sunday, July 11th.

This is not the first time that ZSR has done a marathon; we have previously completed the four 3D Zelda games in less than 20 hours [Don’t we have the videos saved somewhere? We should link to them if we do]. We have also taken great care not to schedule our marathon haphazardly; by using the results of a Youtube poll [should we provide the link?], we have carefully constructed an itinerary that will maximize the number of viewers and, consequentially, maximize the number of donations. [I remember someone saying something about the highest donator choosing the file name for the next game or the last game we play or something like that. If there are any definite details on that, include it here.]

As you should be able to see, we are taking this marathon very seriously, and we would deeply appreciate your cooperation. If you would like more information on the marathon, visit http://marathon.zeldaspeedruns.com/ [BLIZZ, FINISH THESE PAGES]; if you have any additional questions, [insert some way for them to contact us]. With your help, we can make this an entertaining and beneficial experience for all.

With regards,
The ZSR Team
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:59:59 AM by darkeye14 » Logged

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2010, 12:37:36 AM »

We will be speedrunning the entire Zelda for 48 hours straight...

Zelda Series* perhaps?

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2010, 01:56:34 PM »

Just letting you guys know that I have some good news.

I will be setting up my internet account with the local phone company either sometime this week or early next week, so I should be set for the marathon and able to help with the chat. Thing is, I haven't heard back from Ani with word if he's added me as a mod yet or not. No worry, I can be very patient.

If there's anything else that you guys think I could do to help with the marathon (like make a promotion video, as I'll be downloading my recording stuff once I get my own internet), let me know here or send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Let's keep up the good work, guys!

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2010, 07:20:59 PM »

Slowi:We have to stay on time or else we won't make our 48-hour goal.
Well if we don't meet the goal we don't meet the goal. Cutting out parts of games would be cheating.

Btw. what does it really matter with what game we end? It's important with what game we start and when. We are doing this for charity,which means atracting as much people as possible. Not giving them a bang at the end. You can't start this marathon in the death slot.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2010, 03:28:53 AM »

Well if we don't meet the goal we don't meet the goal. Cutting out parts of games would be cheating.

Btw. what does it really matter with what game we end? It's important with what game we start and when. We are doing this for charity,which means atracting as much people as possible. Not giving them a bang at the end. You can't start this marathon in the death slot.

I'm sorry, why don't you make the schedule then?

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2010, 02:14:49 PM »

I'm sorry, why don't you make the schedule then?

Just ignore Slowking, SD2. He's just bitching and moaning to get a rise out of you. I, and many others, think you did fine with the schedule and that there's no need to make changes. I say we go with the schedule as planned but, in regards to what you told Slowi, I feel if someone doesn't like it, they should either try to make a better one or just shut up and accept it.

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2010, 07:17:12 PM »

I was giving you facts. Fact is nobody but us will tune in on a friday evening. But if you don't want to listen to me that's your problem.

To say it in german: Macht doch euren Scheiß alleine!

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: