ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:53:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616294 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #570 on: July 21, 2014, 01:25:43 AM »

Aren't they the same shaped enemies in the Dark Palace?
If so, another area to try.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #571 on: July 21, 2014, 01:35:39 AM »

We tried that actually, no dice (but we didn't try every corner so... yeah)

Edit: Btw, this location appears to be the easiest/most consistent, for me at least (only one TRod required):

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:59:32 AM by LemonKong » Logged
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #572 on: July 24, 2014, 02:22:49 PM »

Does anyone know of a way to get the big bomb into the Village of Outcasts?  I believe that doing so would lead to a Thieves' Town instant sage.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #573 on: July 24, 2014, 09:09:32 PM »

Triggers for big bomb are too large, only oob could be possible

I am the Zeldo for you <3
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #574 on: July 25, 2014, 03:36:05 AM »

I don't see a way to OOB and still keep the bomb with us. Is it even possible to ledge jump while still having the big bomb not explode on us?
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #575 on: July 25, 2014, 03:46:32 AM »

A theory I've had for a while is that you could use the big bomb as a proxy enemy or wall for clipping purposes, you just have to take damage from something else like another bomb or jumping off a ledge to get the invincibility frames. Remember that you can leave the bomb by itself by merging into a wall or by dashing (unlike Thief Girl, the dash has to be for more than a split second though).

I don't know if you could get on the ledge between Lorule Castle and the Blacksmith from the Lorule Castle side, but if you could it would just be a matter of leaving the Big Bomb behind and grabbing it after you've gotten on to the ledge. I'm willing to bet the trigger for the Bomb guy will still go off even if you get up there, however.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #576 on: July 25, 2014, 05:08:01 PM »

I don't see a way to OOB and still keep the bomb with us. Is it even possible to ledge jump while still having the big bomb not explode on us?

Get it stuck pathing somehow so it stops following you, yet it is next to the ledge you're about to get onto.  Get onto the ledge using whatever technique far enough away from the bomb so as to not trigger it.  Walk on the ledge to the big bomb and press A to make it start following you again.  It acts like the Thief Girl, except that you can't tell it to wait behind; you have to get it stuck.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #577 on: July 25, 2014, 05:11:55 PM »

I don't know if you could get on the ledge between Lorule Castle and the Blacksmith from the Lorule Castle side, but if you could it would just be a matter of leaving the Big Bomb behind and grabbing it after you've gotten on to the ledge. I'm willing to bet the trigger for the Bomb guy will still go off even if you get up there, however.

You can; get up there using a Hinox the same way as someone verified that getting behind the seal doesn't let you break into Lorule Castle.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #578 on: July 25, 2014, 05:40:43 PM »

You can; get up there using a Hinox the same way as someone verified that getting behind the seal doesn't let you break into Lorule Castle.

That doesn't let you walk onto the ledge touching the screen transition.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #579 on: July 25, 2014, 07:56:13 PM »

Yeah, I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure a way to the ledge, but nothing really came up. the thing is, it likely wouldn't work, since the Bomb Salesman appearing seems to be triggered specifically by the screen transition, unlike, say, Hilda dialogue.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #580 on: July 25, 2014, 09:19:15 PM »

Road is right the big bomb activities a trigger that prevents screen transitions into thieves town, but if there is a way to get to the other side the trigger might not be there

Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #581 on: July 26, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »

I have to wonder what the bug was with the big bomb that made them block it from being taken to the Village of Outcasts in the first place.  I doubt they would've blocked it if it weren't for a nasty glitch of some kind.  It was probably easier for them to block the bomb from getting in than to fix whatever that bug was.

Getting into the kissing lady's house is looking to be impossible with currently-known bugs >.<  If I had a Gateway+EmuNAND-hacked 3DS I'd probably hack the game to give me a walk-through-walls cheat or similar.  That'd be a lot of work, though; I'm not the greatest with ARM assembly language, and don't know anything about 3DS hardware.

Is "Thieves' Town" the dungeon or the city?  In the English version of Triforce of the Gods 1, the city was called "Village of Outcasts" and the dungeon was called "Thieves' Town".
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #582 on: July 26, 2014, 07:16:51 AM »

It wasn't a bug, the developers made it so if you try to screen transition into thieves town with the big bomb, the scientist comes out to prevent that, and it could have been a precautionary measure just like the lorule castle checking for all the paintings before allowing the trigger to open the door, and as well as the hyrule castle door checking for the pendents.

And yeah town of outcats sounds better than thieves town :p

Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #583 on: July 26, 2014, 01:31:43 PM »

The town is Thieves' Town.

The dungeon is Thieves' Hideout.

I think you're not supposed to bring the big bomb into the town because the guy think's its a safety hazard or something. That's kind of what he says when you walk into the trigger that prevents you from entering.

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #584 on: July 26, 2014, 09:58:52 PM »

Yeah basically the bomb has a trigger, for the scientist,  so if this info is correct there is no possible way to bring big bomb to thieves town

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: