ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:50:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616950 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2014, 09:40:54 AM »

Any reason Anwonu kept pausing(meaning just standing there) for so long?
Was he taking his time, or there another special trick that needs to be done.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #436 on: April 25, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »

I think it'd be interesting to see if the game actually checks for the Pendant of Courage when going for MS. (It most likely does. Both ToC cutscene and Lorule Castle entrance check for all 7 Paintings, despite Thieves' being mandatory due to Sand Rod) Of course, that would need HoG to be beaten without merge too. How many spots need merging there? Just the second room? (Tho, do note, no HoG skipskip due to no Boots)
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #437 on: April 25, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »

Any reason Anwonu kept pausing(meaning just standing there) for so long?
Was he taking his time, or there another special trick that needs to be done.

He needed to wait for the stamina meter to fill up enough to use the Tornado Rod again.

Also, you guys are breaking this game too fast D:  Every time I learn a new trick, I come back and find that another one has been found. Great job though Tongue
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #438 on: April 25, 2014, 03:14:49 PM »

Of course, that would need HoG to be beaten without merge too. How many spots need merging there? Just the second room? (Tho, do note, no HoG skipskip due to no Boots)

Without Boots, there are a few places that require merge:

Second room, to reach Bubbles room.
Reaching the switch that spawns the 3rd Small Key (Before Miniboss)
Going through the lower level of the pre-Boss room to reach the final Small Key

You could skip either one of the last two by finding a setup for the old skip that doesn't require merging the wall to line up the Armos.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #439 on: April 25, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »

How do you get past he first room in ToH without merging

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2014, 09:34:59 PM »

How do you get past he first room in ToH without merging

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlSNAoaOg

When you release the spin attack, it will hit the spinny spiky thing and it will recoil. Because Link is standing close to a ledge, the recoil will cause him to jump in the air. If you time it correctly, the bomb will explode at that exact moment and the explosion will damage Link and push him south over the little railing blocking you.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #441 on: April 26, 2014, 05:37:46 AM »

B A S E D A J C

http://www.twitch.tv/gigadb/c/4133335
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #442 on: April 26, 2014, 05:55:05 PM »

The game has only been out for 5 months and we've already broken it this much. I think they need to hire us as play testers Kappa
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #443 on: April 27, 2014, 01:42:55 AM »

It's a good kind of broken though, unlike SS where the game will easily freeze up.
Viskiv
Deku Scrub

« Reply #444 on: April 27, 2014, 05:58:46 AM »

Well, Weegee, I had to do this just to prove you wrong: http://www.twitch.tv/viskiv/c/4138397

Turtle Rock skip. Skips getting two keys, getting the boss key, and doing the old trick to access another room to hit a switch. In Any%, it saves a minute and a half. I haven't timed out the old 100% route, but you can dash slide onto the Hylian Shield platform from that ledge, which saves even more time.

This is the first glitch I've found that will be really useful in runs (only other thing being bomb boosts for the bridge we hookshot clip across and big bomb heart piece skip), and I was so sure about Turtle Rock being breakable, so it felt really validating to just go in and break it.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #445 on: April 27, 2014, 07:09:29 AM »

Stupid timesaver in Skull Woods. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKls3gZfjw

You can use the statue to Recoil Jump and skip the puzzle with a boost. Most likely works with other positions for the statue (to reduce pushing time).
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #446 on: April 28, 2014, 04:39:30 PM »

@Viskiv: Wow man, that's awesome!  Cheesy I didn't think Bombrodding would work on non ToH-esque dungeons. Does that mean this will work on any platform above Link?

@Rheault: Nice! I knew Recoil BB would be useful somewhere else. The gargoyle statues are perfect set ups for some potential skips elsewhere.

@Nick: lol, wasn't it decided that Bombrodding all the way up to the boss door wouldn't be much faster than the normal route?
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #447 on: April 28, 2014, 05:15:29 PM »

@Weegee: So far the T-Rock BombRod has no uses elsewhere. There was an idea to do it in the Boss Door room in Dark Palace (To get on top of one of the platform railings, then merge or dash or something right to the door to skip hitting the four light things in upper floors), but seems the railing is too high or something.

RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #448 on: April 28, 2014, 08:01:19 PM »

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqF6JkcRFg
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKltCFWOvQ

If anybody else want to play around a BK Skip in ToH. I've climbed up there enough times for a while now.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #449 on: April 29, 2014, 06:20:03 PM »

Hmmm...I'll definitely mess around with this later. There's got to be a way to skip getting the Boss Key.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: