ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:48:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 617071 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #270 on: February 05, 2014, 04:47:53 AM »

Please tell me I'm the first to do this!

Using the bee glitch, I managed to get inside the cave with the big rock at the Black Smith.

http://youtu.be/Iyd_A56nkFw
------------------

Enemy Ledge boosting should be considered a technique, it has lots of possibilities!

edit: uploaded a new version, showing you can leave the cave.
BTW, there's a cave just to the north of kakirko village with faries.. you can use the bee glitch to get into this cave as well.
-------------------
edit2: Wanted to record my own death mountain and flipper video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_uCqVhsYZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE8F2e_L2dw

How do you skip the boss key in the Eastern Temple? I managed to use bombs to flip the bridge, but haven't had any luck getting past the door.

edit3: Awe, was hoping to do a swordless quest but you need the lantern to be able to use any of your rented items.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:39:49 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2014, 05:18:54 PM »

How do you skip the boss key in the Eastern Temple? I managed to use bombs to flip the bridge, but haven't had any luck getting past the door.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/dungeons/eastern-palace
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #272 on: February 10, 2014, 09:17:25 PM »

I posted this in the irc a while ago, but for anyone that hasn't seen it, it's a pretty interesting Lost Woods OoB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c07t8JJayr4

You can walk behind loading zones and off the screen and fall into nothiness lol
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #273 on: February 11, 2014, 08:57:55 PM »

I used that same enemy to get ontop of those Statues with the portal to the light/dark world.
I did it once, and fell off too quickly to do anything. Wanted to see if I could dash off the top and get OOB.

This same glitch, maybe possible with those dark world plant enemies so you can skip the dungeon more.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2014, 06:13:49 AM »

I used that same enemy to get ontop of those Statues with the portal to the light/dark world.
I did it once, and fell off too quickly to do anything. Wanted to see if I could dash off the top and get OOB.

This same glitch, maybe possible with those dark world plant enemies so you can skip the dungeon more.

I've tried this a few times, and sadly, there's an invisible wall inside the portal statues that pushes Link off to the right. So when you try to t-rod on top, Link always gets pushed out of them.

You can get inside the dark world portal statue too (using a snap dragon, but I don't recommend it as it's a lot harder), but it's the same thing. Invisible wall that pushes Link off to the right.  Cry

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:17:10 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2014, 09:32:01 AM »

I managed to somehow get ontop for the light world statue. I stood perfectly still.
However, I walked a little bit, and quickly fell off.

Did you get onto to?
^ This is what I did in the past

I could try again, just takes practice.

edit: got no gamefile yet, but instead I tried your glitch.
I learned you can also do it in that little between the log(where normally you have to merge to get a heart piece).

edit2: If I got ontop(and assuming you didn't), then I might of discovered a new trick that could help activate the desert boss early.
I'm doing a lot of assuming.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:01:44 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #276 on: February 12, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »

Are you 100% sure you can get on top? I've tried over and over but each time, Link gets close to being on top, but then it's like there's an invisible wall blocking him from actually landing on it. It pushes him off to the side so he falls off.

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #277 on: February 12, 2014, 09:24:44 PM »

Sweet, you never got ontop.
Now I just have to reproduce this glitch and figure out how I did it.

My first theory is, I never used a wind rod.. so I'm going to experiment with that a while.

edit: really wish I could remember how I did it.

Also when I did get onto and fell off eventually(meaning I pushed the controls)., I fell off on the left side.

I really wanted to dash off the edge but I either did not have the boots or wanted to get as close to the edge as possible.
I'm just curious if it was pure luck, or if there's a single pixel spot where you won't be pushed.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:07:54 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2014, 12:54:47 AM »

edit: really wish I could remember how I did it.

Also when I did get onto and fell off eventually(meaning I pushed the controls)., I fell off on the left side.

I really wanted to dash off the edge but I either did not have the boots or wanted to get as close to the edge as possible.
I'm just curious if it was pure luck, or if there's a single pixel spot where you won't be pushed.

My guess is, like you said, there is possibly a single pixel spot. There are times where it looks almost like he'll land on it, but then fall off. It must be very very precise though. If me or you, or even someone else can even get on it once again then we could definitely skip Skull Woods.

The way I see it, the only way I can think of skipping Skull Woods is this spot. After looking around different times, there are no spots to clip through. This seems to be the only way  Undecided
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2014, 05:57:10 AM »

Ugg, more proof I wish I took.
One time today when I squeezed through, I ended up on the Left side instead of the right.
Not knowing this, I walked out of it.

So no clue yet if the left side would be easier or not.
And no clue how I ended up being pushed to the left instead of the right when I first go through.

edit: everytime I glitch through, the enemy is leaning a bit to the right every time.
I wonder if he leaned left that one time

I so wish I was more pro right now
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:26:05 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Koizata
Deku Scrub

« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2014, 10:34:30 AM »

same thing this was posted a while ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlKK3WbpHwY
seems like that also get push when t rodding on the portal
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »

After seeing that guy hit a wall at 1:44, I think I'm going to stop aggravating myself for this glitch as it might no longer be worth it and may be luck based.
Also at 2:06 he tries to dash off a tree and instantly falls straight down.
Odds are if I did get back ontop, I'd fall straight down to.

His technique seems much more possible for skipping the dark world dungeon and more relaxing to try.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:55:19 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2014, 06:38:05 PM »

So, I just found a clip to get to Zaganaga early (a.k.a the Desert Palace boss). I'm assuming people know about this? If so, how come no one uses it?

EDIT: Nvm, I found out this was found. Also useless so far lol.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:56:01 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »

And this is why no one uses it Smiley

We either need to find another high spot or find some way to get higher.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2014, 11:57:45 PM »

So, I just found a true desert palace skip.

You can clip into the portal with a moblin. I recommend using the moblin to the right with a spear and have him follow you there seeing as he doesn't move once he gets into that area. Once you clip inside, stop moving the circle pad as soon as possible or else you'll fall into void. There's a certain spot inside where you can t-rod but it's not exactly certain what spot yet. More testing and messing around with this is required.

You can walk around the cliff to the boss area, and activate it Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:12:31 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: