ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:56:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616668 times)
Bamboocha
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2013, 01:36:33 PM »

It can't really be dropping down because it is possible to merge in the wall behind you after you fall down and start the fight when you umerge.
I don't know if people know this but the Boss is actually already there when the fight didn't start yet. You can see some sand moving and hear the sound. When you lower the sand by walking to the north wall you can even see him when he is moving. I tried to damage him with bombs but it didn't look like it was possible.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2013, 11:24:15 PM »

I tried bombs, fire rod, ice rod, sand rod..he's just not programmed to take damage.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »

Don't think this ever got posted on the forums because Zander never posts stuff here himself, but he found this:
http://www.twitch.tv/zandergothsrl/c/3406857
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2013, 01:57:37 AM »

That glitch just opened a whole bunch of things to test out.

First question? Are all dungeons connected? If so, looks like the LTTP Speedrun glitch is back(but this time with a windrod)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2013, 05:59:23 AM »

There is no way the game's dungeons are interconnected. There is no good reason to develop a game that way in 2013.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2013, 10:15:25 AM »

It's interesting that that actually works. and I feel ashamed of myself because I confirmed it *not* being possible to get up dungeon walls a while back when trying to do it in Hyrule Castle. (Reason being that I managed to get armos up on the walls, but they appeared to instantly slide down, so I assumed you couldn't stand up there)
However, I went back there today and tried it in a different corner, and I got up first try. This makes it possible to get thru the armos room in hyrule castle without killing the armos. Just get up the wall and pegasus down to the screen transition and you'll land in the outdoor area there. (if you do not pegasus you can easily fall down into the void directly after transition and spawn at the location you used the tornado rod)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:25:13 AM by CloudMax » Logged

akaikee
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2013, 12:03:06 PM »

I think i found a small shortcut in Lorule Castle yesterday. Made a video of it but sadly may webcam doesnt have any Manual Focus so the Picture is a little bit unclear - but you can see whats going on! It should save around 5-10 seconds i think. (would someone care to time that? Because i actually think it saves a little bit more Smiley )
Also this video shows a good usage of the glitch(?) that lets you keep momentum with your boots if you change floors via screen transition. Getting on that railing also works 1 Platform higher, also you can jump from the point you are supposed to be directly to the Rupee Chest on the right of the Platform!

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_oO7DoAh7I
(At the point where i walk aimlessly against the chest you can actually open the chest from the railing, its pretty neat!)

Also: Im trying to get some clips working but i always fail - i can never get it right. I only get pushed a bit into the wall but not on the Railing or wall. What am i doing wrong? (Im using the Torando Rod)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:10:52 PM by akaikee » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2013, 12:24:01 PM »

I think i found a small shortcut in Lorule Castle yesterday. Made a video of it but sadly may webcam doesnt have any Manual Focus so the Picture is a little bit unclear - but you can see whats going on! It should save around 5-10 seconds i think. (would someone care to time that? Because i actually think it saves a little bit more Smiley )
Also this video shows a good usage of the glitch(?) that lets you keep momentum with your boots if you change floors via screen transition. Getting on that railing also works 1 Platform higher, also you can jump from the point you are supposed to be directly to the Rupee Chest on the right of the Platform!

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_oO7DoAh7I
(At the point where i walk aimlessly against the chest you can actually open the chest from the railing, its pretty neat!)

Also: Im trying to get some clips working but i always fail - i can never get it right. I only get pushed a bit into the wall but not on the Railing or wall. What am i doing wrong? (Im using the Torando Rod)
It is actually possible to just walk off the ledge and land down there.
That trick is slower though. I posted it a while back, and it turns out that doing the pegasus from 3F then fall into lava is much faster.
The reason why the method you posted is slower is because you have to walk up multiple stairs, which takes a lot of time. It may be about as fast if you manage to fall into lava after opening chest and respawn on 2F, but it is very difficult to do, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Also, you can't use whatever you want to get pushed up ledges and railings. You need enemies with specific collision. The Armos statues and small dudes on death mountain that turn into stones are examples of this. Their collision does not work like other enemies and can be used to get pushed up on things. If it worked with every enemy, we could skip big parts of almost every dungeon.

We basically only clip thru the fissures, and between objects (like a fence and a tree, etc.). The only solid wall we've clipped thru is in the skull woods boss room, which most likely only works because of the massively big collision of the boss, which makes it possible. I have been pushed pretty much more than halfway thru some 90 degree corners without actually clipping, I just stand in there. The collision is very good if you do not count corners created by objects rather than solid walls.

Edit: also, that's not a screen transition. It is not much of a transition at all really since 1F is fully loaded when on 2F. Unlike for example 3F, which isn't fully loaded when on 1F, and the other way around. It is only partially loaded at that time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:26:09 PM by CloudMax » Logged

RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2013, 02:15:20 PM »

The only solid wall we've clipped thru is in the skull woods boss room, which most likely only works because of the massively big collision of the boss, which makes it possible.
I found this post yesterday. I linked it on the IRC, but I figured maybe someone else on here might want to tinker with it. So far I don't think anyone has been able to reproduce the glitch.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2013, 06:52:45 AM »

Did you try being directly against the door and pushing up the entire time?
This hand thing might also prove a theory that by using an enemy directly against you, you might be able to clip through a door.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2013, 08:26:04 AM »

I tried all sorts of things for nearly an hour, including pressing against different parts of the door. I know Bamboocha tried stuff on his own too. I think he said one time he barely escaped the wallmaster grab and got "teleported" from one side of it to the other (like, from left to right). This might be a clue on what we have to do to achieve the clip, but it seems hardly reproductible. :-/
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2013, 08:45:42 AM »

Can you use the WindItem?
When using the wind item against enemies when their against you, you can pushed a bit.. so maybe this will make it easier?
akaikee
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2013, 01:10:14 PM »

It is actually possible to just walk off the ledge and land down there.
That trick is slower though. I posted it a while back, and it turns out that doing the pegasus from 3F then fall into lava is much faster.
The reason why the method you posted is slower is because you have to walk up multiple stairs, which takes a lot of time. It may be about as fast if you manage to fall into lava after opening chest and respawn on 2F, but it is very difficult to do, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Also, you can't use whatever you want to get pushed up ledges and railings. You need enemies with specific collision. The Armos statues and small dudes on death mountain that turn into stones are examples of this. Their collision does not work like other enemies and can be used to get pushed up on things. If it worked with every enemy, we could skip big parts of almost every dungeon.

We basically only clip thru the fissures, and between objects (like a fence and a tree, etc.). The only solid wall we've clipped thru is in the skull woods boss room, which most likely only works because of the massively big collision of the boss, which makes it possible. I have been pushed pretty much more than halfway thru some 90 degree corners without actually clipping, I just stand in there. The collision is very good if you do not count corners created by objects rather than solid walls.

Edit: also, that's not a screen transition. It is not much of a transition at all really since 1F is fully loaded when on 2F. Unlike for example 3F, which isn't fully loaded when on 1F, and the other way around. It is only partially loaded at that time.

Thanks alot dude! I was my first find, and i was hyped to death as i found it. In the end i realized that it isnt that fast xD Also i wanted to test my recording setup wich turned out pretty neat for a 5$ Setup.
And thanks for explaining clipping to me - now i finally understand why i cant get some clips on different places Cheesy
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2013, 07:10:10 PM »

Can you use the WindItem?
When using the wind item against enemies when their against you, you can pushed a bit.. so maybe this will make it easier?
If you use the Tornado Rod while a Wallmaster is above you it will instantly grab you. (also, it appears that if you're walking on a high place, like the moving wall after you pushed a statue on a switch in Skull Woods, that it will grab you instantly. I might be wrong though) The Wallmasters also don't appear to be the kind of ennemies you can just push around using your items, like you can the Moblins and the SnapDragons. They seem to always regain consicousness and flee after a push or two

If the Gargoyle Statue north west of that room was a live one, it could probably be used to get on top of the hookshot walls, grab the Eye thing and throw it down near the place you have to put it, thus skipping the trip back on the raft, but sadly it's not a live one. Sad Maybe it can be done with the Guard, I haven't tried that.
Ovenn
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2013, 01:12:08 AM »

Someone should compile a list of all the enemies you can clip with, it would be really useful.

Edit: Also the Skull Woods boss skip should probably to be added to the Skull Woods dungeon section on ZSR.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 01:26:06 AM by Ovenn » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: