ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:30:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 617160 times)
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 03:33:43 PM »

I tested out the swamp palace boss skip and I don't think it's possible. The boss never really gets close enough to the wall until the 2nd phase, and during that phase he'll knock you out of the air as he's coming down.

Also, in the swamp palace dungeon, I found something interesting. By the crystal switch furthest left on the screen in the room with 3 crystal switches, if you merge right by the stairs, you'll clip through the corner a tiny bit. You can't travel through the stairs or anything, but it's weird how that works. Video might come later.
Cluck
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »

Does anyone have a good strat for the first phase of the final boss besides just hit and run?  It feels really slow and even with blue mail + 12 hearts I died a few times. 

http://www.twitch.tv/xcluck/c/3296504

here's my final boss fight, not sure if my strat was any different than yours. I basically tried to stay towards the bottom of the room so he never teleports behind me, and run at him as soon as he appears to start his attack animation.

Note: I did this with the level 1 master sword, and yeah, it's really slow and easy to die. I counted around 35 hits for each phase. Upgrading sword and grabbing red tunic would probably make this quite a bit faster.
Chamros
Deku Scrub

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 05:13:26 PM »

It seems that in the lost woods where you have to go a different way than the three poes, you always have to go south (can anyone confirm if they had to go a different way?)

Also, grabbing the red tunic takes about 10 sec, and it makes the last fight a lot easier, since it allows you to get hit a couple of times to do more hits on him (without the risk of dying in 2-3 hits).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 05:15:55 PM by Chamros » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 05:21:32 PM »

It seems that in the lost woods where you have to go a different way than the three poes, you always have to go south (can anyone confirm if they had to go a different way?)

That's what it seemed like to me. So far both times I made it by going south.

I discovered something new about the mechanics of dying. The first time you enter Lorule you always spawn at the Lorule Blacksmith's house every time you die, and have the option to spawn there instead while in a dungeon. It seems like your spawn point changes either once you return to Hyrule for the first time, or possibly by visiting Ravio (not sure which).

Also, you can avoid talking to Sahasrahla who stands near Link's house by just sliding along the wall around Link's house / using a different crack?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Cluck
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 05:54:51 PM »

That's what it seemed like to me. So far both times I made it by going south.

South twice for me as well, so I guess that's confirmed. It'll be nice not paying attention to that.
Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 07:06:57 PM »

Kakariko Heart Piece Early:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLoTX75lCR8

The Early Heart Piece could possibly be useful for 100%, but it may just be faster to get the power glove and then get it perhaps when going back to get the Master Sword.

I haven't found anywhere else where you can do anything similar to the Clip into the tree. Interesting that it works here and nowhere else though.

I did this (heart piece early) in my first casual run through of it... I think it's pretty common knowledge but probably a good idea to document it for the route makers. I'm assuming everyone knew about it though right away... I hope.

I did also consider that with the Master Sword, but maybe it's not actually faster since we're in Kakariko anyway... Some timing should be done on this actually when a route is constructed just to see how long it takes. You can drop the Cucco in mid-air I think also by the way to drop faster.
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 11:06:16 PM »

Pretty intense glitch hunting today but surprisingly both useless.

Image 1
You can go OoB next to the bridge of Lorule Castle entrance by clipping the top left corner of that area with a Hinox (cyclops bomber) and then use the tornado rod to push Link to top of the bridge where the gap is. There is a pit around the left side OoB part of the castle and you cannot merge to go around it  Cry

Image 2
By portal clipping, you can enter the boss area of Desert Palace but you cannot trigger the fight properly or even kill it Sad

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:09:30 PM by Greenalink » Logged

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
A_Cute_Lynx
Deku Scrub

Flaunter

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 11:18:20 PM »

so here is proof of collision under an object you can clip thru i also get on top of the house we can break this game guys
http://youtu.be/4o1ZMZzo88c

also want to use this time to plug the irc channel on srl's irc we have #albw if you're on srl irc come join us
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2013, 03:44:38 AM »

You can clip into a sand block if you place a bomb behind you and raise the sand just as the bomb explodes.

Probably not very useful,but still...
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2013, 04:03:10 AM »

You can clip into a sand block if you place a bomb behind you and raise the sand just as the bomb explodes.

Probably not very useful,but still...

If you use the Tornado Rod while inside, do you go on top of the sand block? (Or does that destroy the sand block?) Cause if it puts you on top, this would be quite useful actually.
Jerry23dr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2013, 04:28:19 AM »

Pillar falls if you use Tornado rod inside  Undecided
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 04:36:58 AM »

Pillar falls if you use Tornado rod inside  Undecided

Just clipping inside makes it fall. ._.

I should have done more testing but the timing for the glitch was awkward and it took a long time to do...

Oh well,back to searching.

p.s Thanks for the idea.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:40:47 AM by doommaker » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 02:45:03 PM »

Guys, I just think I found a way to skip the Desert Palace. I can't confirm that it works since I tried it on a file that had already beat the dungeon.
You get to the boss area without going to the dungeon at all.
You use portal clip on the portal in Lorule that is directly below the Boss Area.
To do the clip you shield push one of the enemies that throw spears all the way to the portal and make sure that it is positioned properly. Then you walk straight into the enemy to gain invicibility, walk up against the portal, use the Tornado Rod, when you land, use Pegasus Boots as you clip. You will gain enough momentum in the air to land in the boss area instead of falling OoB.

The ability to shield push enemies and use invicibility to get perfect positioning should allow us to clip in any area with an enemy big enough.

Edit: I tested it.
You can reach the area.
By reaching the blue platform in the upper section of the area you can activate the quicksand. You can also simply use the tornado rod when standing down in the sand.
However, the boss is stuck in the pre-battle state. Can't get the actual fight to trigger (which normally is done by walking down the ledge at the entrance I believe?).
If the fight can actually be triggered, of if we can kill the boss without starting the fight, we'll be able to skip the dungeon.
If you get gameover in the area you can respawn at the dungeon entrance.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:05:12 PM by CloudMax » Logged

SweetJohnnyCage
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 02:56:35 PM »

Similar to the Tornado Rod key shortcut in House of Gales, you can snatch it with the Boomerang while standing at the top of the stairs. Might be a bit faster than walking down and risk missing the key. Safe strat?

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2013, 03:30:29 PM »

Guys, I just think I found a way to skip the Desert Palace. I can't confirm that it works since I tried it on a file that had already beat the dungeon.
You get to the boss area without going to the dungeon at all.
You use portal clip on the portal in Lorule that is directly below the Boss Area.
To do the clip you shield push one of the enemies that throw spears all the way to the portal and make sure that it is positioned properly. Then you walk straight into the enemy to gain invicibility, walk up against the portal, use the Tornado Rod, when you land, use Pegasus Boots as you clip. You will gain enough momentum in the air to land in the boss area instead of falling OoB.

The ability to shield push enemies and use invicibility to get perfect positioning should allow us to clip in any area with an enemy big enough.
Greenalink found this yesterday but the boss doesn't load correctly.  If you can find a way to enter and exit the room before the boss from there, it would probably skip the whole dungeon but that seems unlikely.

I do have a similar idea for skull woods skip though.  If you can clip into the tower with the portal in skull woods then use tornado rod to pop out on the top, you might be able to just walk on the upper ledge straight to the painting.  Unfortunately there's very few enemies to work with there but I'm hoping someone else will play around with this and possibly get somewhere.

Similar to the Tornado Rod key shortcut in House of Gales, you can snatch it with the Boomerang while standing at the top of the stairs. Might be a bit faster than walking down and risk missing the key. Safe strat?
This also works with the hookshot which is probably the better item choice since it's actually useful in more than one place.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:32:27 PM by ZFG » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: