ZSR Forums
April 23, 2024, 04:06:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obtaining the Swift Sail before Dragon Roost Island  (Read 7135 times)
Hatefiend
Regular Guay

Email
« on: October 22, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »

Money-wise, I realized it's easily do-able to afford the Swift Sail pre-Dragon Roost Island. By the time you get to Windfall Island (including quickspinnning the flowers near the two girls), you will have around 175 rupees. This includes getting the chest under grandmas and quickspinning the log on Outset. 30 rupees reside in the Battleship Game shop behind the counter on Windfall. In addition, chasing the kids around will yield 50 rupees once you've talked to the teacher. This puts your total at around 255.

Minus 80 rupees for the sail, and you will then be at 175 rupees. On Cosmo's recent stream (http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright/b/472330873), using a technique of rapid bidding (about 12 rupees over the current bid) can get you the Swift Sail at 162 rupees (or less since he made a small error).

EDIT: Wait.... is there any way to make it night time on Windfall Island pre-Windwaker?
EDIT2: Why not sail out of Windfall Island quadrant, pick up some rupees and loop back
EDIT3: Fuck the wind is forced east. You wouldn't be able to come back unless you headed North.
EDIT4: You can't head north or south due to quadrant restrictions
EDIT5: Sail to Dragon Roost Island and pick up Rupees from Barrel Game until exact moment of night, then savewarp back to Windfall?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:52:30 AM by Hatefiend » Logged
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 09:36:25 PM »

The day/night doesn't pass on the way to Dragon Roost, so there's no way to make it night.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:59:30 AM »

zombie hover with a boko stick from FF1 gl hf

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 01:56:32 AM »

zombie hover with a boko stick from FF1 gl hf

FF1 is on a separate map, there's no other islands on it.
Hatefiend
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 02:45:08 AM »

Ah I've always wondered what happens if you got off the Pirate Ship pre-Barrel Launch.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 12:53:57 AM »

A bit late, but you could ZH from Windfall to FF2 and use that to make it night, or GFI for endless night. Besides that, time won't pass until you get the wind waker.

Hatefiend: for your Edit5, the savewarp would take you back to Pawprint, unless you decided to slowly cruise or sail against the wind back into the Windfall quadrant. I'm not even sure it would let you back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: