ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 06:49:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ganondoor & Controller  (Read 5102 times)
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« on: September 23, 2013, 02:59:54 AM »

On an emulator using the keyboard I'm getting ganondoor with literally 100% consistency. On N64 right now I'm at about 40%. When I try to sidewalk left out of the blue warp, I have a lot of trouble keeping Link going straight left on the control stick. There are times where it won't even seem like I do anything wrong yet I'll still be outside the tree. This leads me to believe that even though I'm holding left as straight as I can, Link is still not going straight left. Is there any way to make this easier for N64 controllers? Any tips on how to prevent this problem?

Signature
TyranitarTime
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:42:52 AM »

I know how this feels. The reason why it's so easy is because you're able to have perfect movement in a single position (left, right)
If your controller doesn't have any grooves in it, i would suggest a bigger deadzone (this makes WESS harder though)
If the only reason for Ganondoor is chus, it's much easier (and faster) to either RBA poe for 29 chus or learn Skulltula vineclip in BoTW.

Let me know how it goes Wink
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 02:28:57 PM »

Can't really change the dead zone since I'm on console (at least I don't think.)

This isn't really bingo related. Oftentimes I'll do vine clip for those but I've been doing child dungeons runs lately (ganondoor is faster in this case)
With some practice I was able to get it up to 75% of the time (if I get frame 2 with nuts I'm golden but for the nutless setup I use most of the time it will only work with frames 3-5.) It's still pretty easy to screw up though. I have to pause after I target in the blue warp and carefully hold left (the slightest bit up or down and I'm screwed)

Signature
btastic
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 07:41:47 AM »

N64 controllers do have nodges, right? Or what happened to yours? Back when I was playing with emulator and a Ps3 controller it was a pain in the ass to hold left or right because the controller has no nodges at all. But the N64 should have those though.

also known as Sutso
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »

N64 has notches, but once the analog stick gets loose, you end up having to push incredibly hard to ensure that link stays in place (it literally leaves marks in my thumb)
A few others I know have this problem. With enough practice it's not too bad anymore, my consistency is about 85%

Signature
btastic
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 09:28:24 AM »

oh well so your controller is kind of broken? how about switching to gc controller with raphnet adapter? or get a new control stick (they cost like $10 or sth

also known as Sutso
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 12:05:46 PM »

The third party sticks are shit though :/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:08:17 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: