ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 01:23:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ganondoor 8 Backflip setup/Any% Help  (Read 5384 times)
MasN
Deku Scrub

« on: September 24, 2013, 05:22:07 AM »

Hey everyone. I have been working on the Any% run for a while now. Months even. I have every split down up until the Ganondoor glitch. I use the 8 backflip method and get as far as the door, but when I get up to the very edge of the door and (from what I've seen and heard) press right and mash A. I was wondering if I can even get to the door without doing everything right. And if I do get to the door, do I let go of Z before entering or just mash right and A.

Thanks!

Mason S.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 06:49:07 AM »

Hey everyone. I have been working on the Any% run for a while now. Months even. I have every split down up until the Ganondoor glitch. I use the 8 backflip method and get as far as the door, but when I get up to the very edge of the door and (from what I've seen and heard) press right and mash A. I was wondering if I can even get to the door without doing everything right. And if I do get to the door, do I let go of Z before entering or just mash right and A.

Thanks!

There's two 8 backflip methods, do you throw the nut or roll and slash?
MasN
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 07:20:20 AM »

I seem to have forgotten to put that. I use the deku nut method. My bad!

Mason S.
Kejsmaster
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:40:41 AM »

You let go of Z. I don't think it's possible to enter while z-targeting. Tbh, I would recommend using the Mst method. This one is easy and consistent. The one you are using is quite easy to mess up and it sometimes doesn't work although you think you have done everything right. Also I messed up the 4 steps way to often.

MST♡
Also MM any% <3
btastic
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 01:19:11 PM »

For the MST setup you need to get 5+ deku nuts since the strat with ghoma clip will use exactly 5. Then you wont have any for the setup

also known as Sutso
Kejsmaster
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 02:25:47 PM »

For the MST setup you need to get 5+ deku nuts since the strat with ghoma clip will use exactly 5. Then you wont have any for the setup
No it doesn't need 5.
Deku Nut 1: Stun Skultulla at B1 Skip
Nut 2: Stun Gohma
Nut3: Stun Gohma after Crouchstab
Nut 4: Wrong Warp.

That's it.

The Clip method uses all 5:
1. Skulltulla at B1
2. Stun once
3. Stun twice
4. Stun third time
5. Stun after Clip
(6.) Wrong Warp

Edit:
Nevermind I didn't saw the Gohma clip in your post.
I'm assuming he isn't doing gohma clip, because he is using the other nut wrong warp.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:28:17 PM by Kejsmaster » Logged

MST♡
Also MM any% <3
MasN
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 05:05:32 PM »

I am using the Gohma Clip strat. I am pretty sure I am going to revert back to the death strat though because I don't like pause buffering, lol. I haven't even looked at the MST setup and will do so today. I will report back if I have a success or not. Thank you guys for all your help.

Mason S.
btastic
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »

You dont have to pause buffer ghoma clip, practice it a few hours until you get the timing right. I remember when I was watching cosmo for hours getting the ghoma part right until he was satisfied. It's all about practice.

But unless you are going for WR, you should not worry about getting another set of deku nuts or not doing ghoma clip.. you can get a 23-24 minute run with old strats and thats still really good!

also known as Sutso
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 04:01:50 PM »

You can get sub 21 with old strats*

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: