ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 02:15:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind Waker HD: What's changed, what hasn't  (Read 60266 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »

Not sure where to post this so I'll just put it here.
The game started to act up the other day when I went back to Forbidden Woods to open all remaining chests on my file. I were playing the Digital Version, installed directly onto the Wii U, so it can't be the dvd or exteral hdd acting up.

The screen began to flicker and shit. Blue and black boxes appeared on screen.
The speed and amount of this seemed to decrease as I went higher into the room, and increase as I went back down.
A moblin were walking in the floor (he was rotated 90 degrees so it was like he was lying on the floor), but he was killed by the other moblin before I uploaded a picture to miiverse.

No issues with the sound, and I didn't have a video cable connected as I were playing on the gamepad, so I couldn't see if it had any other effects on audio/video for the big screen.

It happened in the Boss Key Room on a ng+ file that had just finished earth temple. I recall doing a savewarp after initially getting the BK to skip the battle sequence in that room.

I also have a bunch of pictographs that I took while the graphics were still being messed up.

I'd guess that this was just some random glitch that occured, similar to the lighting glitch on GC (I don't know much about it at all, so I don't know), but the rotated goblin makes me doubt that.

The effect went away when I exited the room, but it remained through saving, screen swapping, pause menues and all that stuff. No freezes or oddities occured for the rest of the session. And I played for at least a few more hours.

Moon
Deku Scrub

The Moon is the Moon and will always be the Moon

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2013, 01:36:15 PM »

Few questions:

1. So you beat the earth temple and did go back to forbidden woods right?
2. You opend all remaining chests? (Sea charts,rupees,compass,etc?)
3. You entered the boss key room and it started to happen.?
4. First time visit at FW, you did do a save warp after getting the bosskey?

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »

Few questions:

1. So you beat the earth temple and did go back to forbidden woods right?
2. You opend all remaining chests? (Sea charts,rupees,compass,etc?)
3. You entered the boss key room and it started to happen.?
4. First time visit at FW, you did do a save warp after getting the bosskey?

Yupp, that's basically what I said. :p
Except when it happened, I hadn't opened all chests yet. I were in the process of doing so. Were working on my 100% NG+ file.
The two moblins were dropped into the room like always, but one of them was glitched, and all the visual errors started to appear.
The reason I did the savewarp on my first visit was because this file initially were a Master Sword Race file. (pretty much the perfect starting point as there isn't any missable figurines before master sword)
I can't think of anything except for the savewarp that could have had an effect though. Pretty much did all tricks except for Password skip.

I still believe that it was just some weird random glitch though. Like, perhaps the moblin spawned incorrectly, and the visual errors appeared because of that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 10:47:59 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Moon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 01:17:45 PM »

I tried it on my 100% file (finally had time).
The mobs didn't glitch to me (in a full finished 100% file).However i still have to make a file to get exactly the same circumstances.

Edit:Nintendo did gave link  tap-dance moves , how?
1. Turn link to the camera (So you can see his face)
2.Hold the joystick slightly down , Link will now start dancing
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:49:51 AM by Moon » Logged
Hatefiend
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2013, 02:37:30 AM »

Can someone explain to me how you get into Pirate Ship 2 in WWHD using Ledge Clipping? I put the pot on the left railing (if you are facing the pirate door) tucked next to the wall and place it so it hangs around half off of the ledge (as seen in Cosmo's 24 stream where he first pulls it off). I put the wind north, backflip, immediately pull out Leaf, float over to the corner, grab the ledge (the pot gets nudged out of the way), then press A to let go. I land on the deck and nothing happens. I've tried to move left and right and the same happens. I feel like I'm doing everything right. It makes zero sense to me. I can get the one in Hyrule no problem (except I can't do leaf pumping at all).

http://www.twitch.tv/hatefiend/b/472119431?t=117m25s
Moon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2013, 05:38:46 AM »

When you graph the ledge and the bottle gets slightly "moved", wait for the correct frame (when links legs are almost together), then hold the joy stick to the LEFT (to the bottle), Don't press any other button, and you should get pushed out of bounds.

The easiest place to practice this is in the tower of the god's (The place where i did succeed in doing the first ledge clip (for myself) , DAT Sentence lol), So you can skip the whole first floor.
Also note that the ledge clip you're trying is the hardest (in my opinion)

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/tww/Techniques/ledge-clipping
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:43:28 AM by Moon » Logged
Hatefiend
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2013, 05:59:46 AM »

When you graph the ledge and the bottle gets slightly "moved", wait for the correct frame (when links legs are almost together), then hold the joy stick to the LEFT (to the bottle), Don't press any other button, and you should get pushed out of bounds.

The easiest place to practice this is in the tower of the god's (The place where i did succeed in doing the first ledge clip (for myself) , DAT Sentence lol), So you can skip the whole first floor.
Also note that the ledge clip you're trying is the hardest (in my opinion)

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/tww/Techniques/ledge-clipping
By bottle I assume you mean Pot? I have been able to get the ToG Floor 1 skip without any problems, but if that's the easiest than perhaps I shouldn't be getting frustrated here. However, I don't see any other way to skip the pirate's password than this. I'll give it some attempts and record them incase I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!
Moon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »

uh yea xD , i meant pot.
BielR3
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2013, 06:18:18 PM »

I did a weird glitch in the tower of the gods that I had never seen before. I was in the room where you get the bow and I was fighting the enemie. He was close to the wall and I attacked him with a jumplash&quickspin (after a couple of hits). He got hit and pushed to the wall (like always you quickspin) but instead of hitting the wall, he went through it and dissappeared. After that, the chest appeared and I got the bow. I don't know if the audio played normally cause it was turned off. I have no idea why it happened, I thinks it's new but maybe somebody can explain me why it happened (sorry for my bad english  Sad ).
THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2014, 09:49:28 PM »

So is the swift sail worth getting? probably right?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: