ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:19:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windaker HD Specific Questions  (Read 5681 times)
Hatefiend
Regular Guay

Email
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:42:29 AM »

Hey everyone. This is my first post. I don't currently own a Wii U but my friends are allowing me to borrow theirs along with a capture card. A lot of my questions might be paired with the answer: "we don't know yet", which is entirely possible. If you all know anything regarding what I have brought up below, please don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Thanks! Cheesy

Digital Download vs Hard Disc

The digital download is released on September 20th (7 days from today) and the regular copy is released on October 4th (I assume this is just for the US copies, what date is for JP?). Getting the game two weeks earlier is not a huge deal, but is significant as the whole "discovery period" will be mostly over by then (not saying that players will discover everything -- just the core differences). In addition, wouldn't the digital download be superior to the hard disc, as reading directly from a disc image is much faster than having a disc running. Also consider games crashing from disc errors, etc. The digital download will just be more reliable, especially in the long term, overall (but that's a very minor point). Is the digital download bound to your Wii U console? Can I give it to my friends? Say I sell my Wii U, then buy a new Wii U months later. Do I then still own the game? Would I have to deactivate it on that Wii U console first so you can't multiply copies? 

Japanese vs English

I heard rumors that the English text may be faster or up to par compared to the Japanese version. Even IF the Japanese is faster, how do you obtain it? When is its' release date for both Digital Download and hard copy? If you digitally downloaded Windwaker HD, can you manually change the language settings? Would Japanese hard copy be extremely difficult to obtain as someone who lives in the United States?

Wii U controller

From all of the gameplay videos of Windwaker HD, you can see the interface for items and some actions is on the Wii U gamepad. However, during the introduction to the game, the caster explained that you can use a regular controller for the game instead. Can we use a GameCube controller? Must we use this: http://www.ubergames.co.za/content/images/thumbs/0000486_wii_classic_controller_white.jpeg. Is the Wii U Gamepad a suitable controller for speedrunning regardless?

Fast Sail Auctions

Just wanted to note that if the auction house works as it does in The Windwaker GameCube, the fast sail may be randomized with the treasure chart, piece of heart, etc. I do hope it doesn't come to a reset point when you have to obtain that -- it would be very unfortunate.
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:01:44 AM »

the regular copy is released on October 4th (I assume this is just for the US copies, what date is for JP?).

October 4th is
US physical release
EU physical & eShop release

Jp's physical & eshop is released on September 24th.

Is the digital download bound to your Wii U console? Can I give it to my friends? Say I sell my Wii U, then buy a new Wii U months later. Do I then still own the game? Would I have to deactivate it on that Wii U console first so you can't multiply copies? 

The digital copy is way more restricted than a Xbox 360.
For example if you want to bring the digital copy to your friends house who also has a Wii U, you need to bring your entire Wii U console. There is currently no as a Wii U to Wii U transfer.

Nintendo IDs are restricted to one console, so if you sell your own Wii U and bought a new one, there is a good chance that you have to rebuy the same product again.

Even IF the Japanese is faster, how do you obtain it?
The current method today is to import a JP Wii U and buy the JP copy of the game (physical/eShop).

If you digitally downloaded Windwaker HD, can you manually change the language settings?
No. All of the US copies have 1 language or probably 2 if Canadian French counts.
The European copies supports 5 languages that can be changed via Wii U settings, but no JP language.

However, during the introduction to the game, the caster explained that you can use a regular controller for the game instead. Can we use a GameCube controller?

The Gamecube controller is not compatible for Wii U games as it lacks Gamecube controller ports. There is an accessory that enables you to use GC controllers but only for games that uses the Wii Classic Controller (think of Smash Bros Brawl, & Virtual Console).

The only controllers compatible are Wii U Gamepad and Wii U Pro Controller. IF it supports Wii Classic Controller then there is a chance you can use the Gamecube Controller.

Just wanted to note that if the auction house works as it does in The Windwaker GameCube, the fast sail may be randomized with the treasure chart, piece of heart, etc. I do hope it doesn't come to a reset point when you have to obtain that -- it would be very unfortunate.

The Fast Sail requires at least 101 Rupees minimum if you are really lucky. Probably ~180-220 rupees when trying to win the auction.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: