ZSR Forums
September 19, 2024, 10:13:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MM 100% back to back race [Date: 12/28/2013]  (Read 25127 times)
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 12:47:27 PM »

well... thats what I just wanted to ask about xD

Many ppl will need their focus on MM first cause of the time cycles, I guess. (Dealing with the time after ~ 7 hours sounds kinda hard to me)
besides, since it's a race, it would be better to have a starting order.

In addition, I was thinking about asking a few ppl if they want to commentate the race (altho I guess that the idea is suboptimal, since it's a 12h+ race and we'd need more ppl... and since it's not a puzzle race or anything like that, there's not thaat much to tell about it...? But I'd love to hear your opinions about it Cheesy )
Kejsmaster
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 09:42:13 PM »

Hey thief,
As you may saw in twitter already, I offered to commentate as well. I'm almost done learning MST and I know MM any%. Although I don't run 100% I'm pretty  sure I can comment every single step. I am an active stream watcher of people like Zfg or Ennopp and that's why I'm certain, that I'm able to comment. Also my followers tell me that they love how hype I am, what could be entertaining in some way Smiley.
I won't be mad if you're not interested. I'm just offering Smiley.

MST♡
Also MM any% <3
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 11:34:24 PM »

added you.
also added marco and sva - but as "uncertain" because they don't know if they can play.

I'll have to take a look on how to organize the whole stuff anyway... maybe I'll ask testrunner on some help considering this (and the zsr channel)
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »

okay, no commentary for the race...
simply because there's not too much to say about those games in more than 12 hours...

edit:
I am going to ask every runner on how the progess is in early december.
I want a realistic suggestion on who to count on.

I will have a detailed list with current progress, and how likely it is for the person to participate, since I don't feel like counting on 18 ppl, when 5 actually participate
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:14:05 PM by thiefbug » Logged
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »

yo im dropping out

<GoronGuy> What's your opinion on slavery?
<Washeyy> Make all Greeks slaves to redeem their debt.

<Indextic> what time was the ransomiser bingo
<Indextic> yes the ransomizer
<Indextic> all the items are held hostage and you have to pay to get them
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 10:42:05 AM »

didn't expect anything else.
I guess lots of ppl will drop out cause I went on it too early and now ppl don't seem to care about it anymore
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »

aaaaand another bump.
I'll start creating a banner anytime soon... once I have the time, lol.

I really hope for you to advertise the whole thing a little to get some hype going - and even if we get no hype, that it'll be fun.

greez
Vince
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 04:37:35 AM »

I'm unable to play as well I'm afraid.

Got some some family visits to make around new years eve but it turns out I have to work for the rest of the week after the 29th :/ Also I've had a bunch of setbacks on getting used to VC and the new mapping, more specifically MM because I've been practicing on a PAL WAD the past few months apparently. Aside from that I've got some personal stuff I've got to take care of the following period.

I feel like I won't make it in terms of time nor motivation because my mind is currently focused on other things. I'm sorry guys
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 04:39:55 AM by Vince » Logged
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »

Also I've had a bunch of setbacks on getting used to VC and the new mapping, more specifically MM because I've been practicing on a PAL WAD the past few months apparently.
There's a PAL WAD with an NTSC rom injected into it surfacing on the internet. If you happened to get that one, then it's not really a problem.

@thiefbug below: I meant that if he happened to get the injected version, his practice up till now wouldn't be useless. Kind of offtopic, but I'm still pretty sure a lot of people are submitting runs performed with this injected version. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:08:58 PM by whyieyesya » Logged
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »

thats sad, vince D:
was looking forward to race you there :/

considering the inject - injects aren't allowed.

by the way: if you feel like advertising the race, it would be awesome if you could use this image:
http://imgur.com/uo2NOIJ
and link it with this pastebin please:
http://pastebin.com/2EvZfaCY

would be highly appreciated.

greez
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:54:59 PM by thiefbug » Logged
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 09:37:58 PM »

I'm gonna try to join this; no guarantees though  Tongue

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Vince
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »

There's a PAL WAD with an NTSC rom injected into it surfacing on the internet. If you happened to get that one, then it's not really a problem.

@thiefbug below: I meant that if he happened to get the injected version, his practice up till now wouldn't be useless. Kind of offtopic, but I'm still pretty sure a lot of people are submitting runs performed with this injected version. Roll Eyes

Yeah I noticed it was the wrong WAD when we did a MM Bingo race and I couldnt load the race file. It's sorted out now but chu hovering against walls and other fast input stuff became a real bitch again. That in combination with the other stuff I mentioned I don't feel like I can invest in MM or even OoT 100% that much atm. I'll try to play though but for now, yeah.....

thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 10:51:44 PM »

as you may have seen - I changed the format of the participants list.
I appreciate EVERY status update.
I really want and need to know how many people are going to participate.
it obviously is not final - no one of us can tell by now if he's confirmed for the race or not.
but I think many can tell already if they have to drop out or how high the chance of participating is.

I'd like to keep the list up to date.

greez
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »

BUMP
it's the 2nd of december now (GMT, not EST :p).

updates:
OptimusPrimeMini is back in the race

MAYBE We'll have some high level commentary.

Twitch PM's are going out today (12-02) and I would ask everyone to respond as soon as you know if you can or not.
I'd like to have a complete list of the participants, getting rid of the yellow and orange asap.

if you can't tell yet it's fine. but I don't want to hope for people.

Why do I need these information before the actual race?
Sometimes people do not arrive in time.
If I don't know if you're attending we're:
1) either waiting for nothing cause you can't play and no one knows if you'll ever arrive
2) we might think that you can't play, start the race altho you're just a little late.

I want everyone to be able to participate. But for this I need information.
As much as possible.
if you're late then is not important yet, just if you are able to participate.

so far
greez
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 07:51:35 PM »

I'm unfortunately going to have to drop out out of the race because apparently I'm going to visit some family all day Friday and most of the day Saturday, and no one decided to tell me >_>

Hopefully I'll at least get a chance to tune in so I can watch Qweczol beat everyone else to a pulp FrankerZ

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: