ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:12:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning DX Warpless% Route, Few questions  (Read 7087 times)
tHeObLiViNaToR
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: October 28, 2013, 05:51:05 PM »

Hey, I'm new here, not really sure if this is the place to ask for help so I apologize if I got it wrong.

Anyways I'm trying to learn the Link's Awakening DX route and everything seems to be going well until I get to the first sideways block push in Turtle Rock. Every time I try it Link ends up pushing the block up instead of left. Can someone give me some advice on how to position yourself for the push?

I've included a few screenshots of how I'm trying to get this to work. Also if relevant I'm playing on the Gamebatte emulator using an English V1.0 rom of Link's Awakening DX.

This is the position that I'm trying. I think I've lined it up correctly based on all the videos I have seen that do this trick seamlessly. But when I hold up at this position, Link pushes the block up like this.

I tried moving as slightly as I could to the right, but then I couldn't push any blocks. Can someone point out what I'm doing wrong. I can provide more screenshots or information if necessary.

Thanks for your help and please pardon my noobness.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:41:10 AM by tHeObLiViNaToR » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 06:55:18 PM »

I had a bit of trouble with this too, until Tompa explained it to me. You need to move right from the left side of the blocks, so you go further inside them, kinda like the Dog house glitch where you move from the side in a certain way to reach the loadng zone from behind. After that you go somewhere in the middle and just hold up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
tHeObLiViNaToR
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 07:49:15 PM »

Ah I see. I didn't know you have to wall clip into the blocks before you pushed, I thought you just pushed normally. I got it now. Thanks! Cheesy
tHeObLiViNaToR
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:17:33 AM »

I edited the title of this thread, since I have another question that doesn't related to the sideways block push question I had earlier, but didn't feel like I needed to make another thread for another simple question. Hope that is alright.

Anyways I'm trying to work on a Piece of Power route, specifically I'm trying to get a PoP to drop at the beginning of Bottle Grotto (the room where you kill the two Stalfos for the key). To my knowledge a PoP spawns after you kill 30 common enemies, and if that enemy is able to drop a PoP (I guess some enemies can't?).

My question is when you have BowWow with you and he eats an enemy, does that add to the counter that keeps track of how many enemies you have killed? Specifically how do the flowers in the swamp that BowWow has to eat to enter Bottle Grotto relate to the counter. It is hard for me to describe exactly what I'm asking, but I've had instances where BowWow will eat one of the flowers by the entrance to Bottle Grotto and a PoP will drop there. My guess is that those flowers are a common enemy, and when BowWow eats them it increments your counter, and in my case that is when I'm hitting 30. But I've had other cases where I've waited until BowWow has eaten all of the flowers (for testing purposes) before the Grotto entrance and no PoP has dropped.

It's just confusing for me what is actually going on here. Can someone clear this up for me?

Also is there some sort of resource or table that lists what enemies are "common" and are able to drop PoP's? Thank you!
Rapid_
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 11:52:24 PM »

I edited the title of this thread, since I have another question that doesn't related to the sideways block push question I had earlier, but didn't feel like I needed to make another thread for another simple question. Hope that is alright.

Anyways I'm trying to work on a Piece of Power route, specifically I'm trying to get a PoP to drop at the beginning of Bottle Grotto (the room where you kill the two Stalfos for the key). To my knowledge a PoP spawns after you kill 30 common enemies, and if that enemy is able to drop a PoP (I guess some enemies can't?).

My question is when you have BowWow with you and he eats an enemy, does that add to the counter that keeps track of how many enemies you have killed? Specifically how do the flowers in the swamp that BowWow has to eat to enter Bottle Grotto relate to the counter. It is hard for me to describe exactly what I'm asking, but I've had instances where BowWow will eat one of the flowers by the entrance to Bottle Grotto and a PoP will drop there. My guess is that those flowers are a common enemy, and when BowWow eats them it increments your counter, and in my case that is when I'm hitting 30. But I've had other cases where I've waited until BowWow has eaten all of the flowers (for testing purposes) before the Grotto entrance and no PoP has dropped.

It's just confusing for me what is actually going on here. Can someone clear this up for me?

Also is there some sort of resource or table that lists what enemies are "common" and are able to drop PoP's? Thank you!

all BowWow kills are counted. i decided to study how it worked a while ago, theres probably better info on it but here you go: http://pastebin.com/bR8WtUm0
tHeObLiViNaToR
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 03:32:48 AM »

That's fantastic. I poked into the IRC and got an answer a bit sooner, but your link has some information that I didn't know and is very helpful.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: