ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:20:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LADX 100% Category?  (Read 6953 times)
VforExtreme
Deku Scrub

« on: January 19, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »

Hey guys, I'm a new Zelda runner here, and I've been getting into running a few of the 2D Zeldas for now.

I've noticed that on the leaderboards, Link's Awakening has an option for a 100% category, but there are currently no records for it. Is there actually a 100% definition for this game?  And if there is, why hasn't anyone done it yet?  I can't find any videos for it or anything.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:00:47 AM »

This run has been done, giuocob has the record, Im not sure what it is though. If youre wondering about learning ladx, he is the guy to ask, he has an any% tutorial on twitch and he is a very helpful guy that Im sure is willing to teach you if you ask  Smiley

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
VforExtreme
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:14:10 AM »

Ok, then.  I'll be sure to ask him about it.  Thanks!!  =]
giuocob
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »

LADX 100% requires:

-Collect all 8 instruments and beat the game
-Have 14 hearts at the end (3 initial, 8 containers, 12 heart pieces)
-Have all 12 inventory slots filled (basically required to finish the game anyway, but whatever)
-Obtain the level 2 sword, shield, and bracelet
-Get all item capacity upgrades (powder, bombs, arrows)
-Obtain the red or blue tunic (must get it by beating the color dungeon)
-Obtain the magnifying lens and trade something for the boomerang (shovel recommended)
-Get all 12 photos
-S+Q allowed by default; up+down,doghouse,map glitches banned

I may actually start running this again. My best time right now is a 1:58 but there is vast room for improvement.
Cranson
Site Editor
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:19:06 PM »

giuocob: You should do a tutorial video for 100% like you did with Any%, if you ever get the time/desire to start running that category again.  That tutorial video was extremely useful, and it helped me a ton with starting my own runs.  I'd love to start doing 100%, but I feel like trying to route it out myself would be take a lot of effort for a sub-par route, hahaha.

Also, I'm not sure if anybody who actually edits the leaderboards themselves will read this/where to go to voice this, but I feel like they should make some changes to the leaderboards for LA if possible.  Especially getting 100% to function, and making a split on version for Gameboy and GBC, to separate original and DX versions besides writing it in the description.
VforExtreme
Deku Scrub

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 10:38:56 AM »

I would actually really like to see the tutorial for Any% so that I can see what I can actually do about the Rooster Skip...  Link please?

Also, thanks Giuocob.  I'm gonna see if I can develop my own strats for it and try some runs of it.  I feel that we need times for the Leaderboards.
Cranson
Site Editor
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 04:08:26 AM »

Here's a link to the Any% tutorial.  He does a separate tutorial on the Rooster skip after the run, IIRC.

http://www.twitch.tv/giuocob/b/338968604
Cranson
Site Editor
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 04:34:54 PM »

Just bumping this to say anybody who wants to know the route to 100%, Giuocob has a tutorial video up of that as well.
http://www.twitch.tv/giuocob/b/371383921

Additionally, if anybody is interested in a physical route map for Any% no s+q, or 100%, I have word document route maps that I'd be glad to send to you.  Just hit me up via PM on here or twitch (username: Cransoon)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: