ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 07:09:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ZSR Marathon Commentators  (Read 13267 times)
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« on: June 13, 2013, 08:37:11 AM »

All the runners need to let me know who (or nobody) they would like to commentate with on their run. Commentary will be done on a Mumble server. It's recommended to have around 2-3 commentators, but take with what you want. I know a couple of the runners will not be able to commentate, so it is extremely important to choose your commentators. The commentators will also be joined by a couple marathon OPs, but they should not interfere with the commentary much. Also there will be donation readers, but the game commentators will take precedence.

Commentators:
[Commentator A]
[Commentator B]

We will also need Donation readers. Volunteers are welcomed for now, so let us know if you have the golden voice and are a clear reader. Let me know what times you'll be available to do readings.

Donation Reader:
Aug 9 4:30-6:00pm EDT
Aug 10 12:30-5:00am EDT

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
jarvitz
Site Editor
Deku Scrub

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »

Link's Crossbow Training:

runner: jarvitz

commentator: natalyahasdied
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:50:52 AM by jarvitz » Logged
MC Gamer
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 05:32:03 AM »

Zelda's Adventure
Commentators:
SuperMCGamer

(No one else runs the game, and I should be able to cover it all)

I wouldn't mind taking some slots for donation reading, I have a nice microphone and won't overbear or anything. The game comes first. Cheesy
ChristosOwen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 12:45:43 PM »

I could probably get the guys I usually chill with on Mumble to commentate (Prier, Crippe, Kinghippo etc) to commentate although not sure on their availability yet... but imagine it wouldn't be a problem!
26pt2
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 02:55:17 AM »

If zmaster91 has a stable internet connection and can do the run for The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (FSA), then I will volunteer to commentate on Mumble. I have been researching the tricks, glitches, and mechanics of the game in order to compile the information in a Google Doc for people interested in speedrunning FSA. I currently have an extremely detailed route that explains some of the tricks used during the run, which can be found at the following link: http://pastebin.com/ccaRyYKL
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »

Majora's Mask Any%

Runner: GoronGuy

Commentary:

GoronGuy
Kaztalek
Indextic
Cafde

<GoronGuy> What's your opinion on slavery?
<Washeyy> Make all Greeks slaves to redeem their debt.

<Indextic> what time was the ransomiser bingo
<Indextic> yes the ransomizer
<Indextic> all the items are held hostage and you have to pay to get them
heero_fred
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »

I can help reading donations

Donation Reader:heero_fred

I'm available from Sep 6 ~ 11:00 PM CDT until the end of the marathon
26pt2
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 06:32:54 PM »

How exactly does Mumble work? I am familiar with using Skype. Is there a way I can do a test before the ZSR Marathon starts? BTW, I am available to read donations as well ( I live in the West Coast, so PST for me, which is 2 hours behind EST).
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 12:38:39 AM »

I got a mumble server. We can test it out either later this week or next week. I want everythiong worked out and tested way before the actual marathon. My big concern atm is security. I want everyone to have the mumble info, but mumble is extremely open in information. So I guess I'll just have to pm everyone the info or something...

NOUFozzy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 06:38:30 AM »

I want to commentate with 26pt2 and Zmaster91 for Four Swords Adventures. As for the Mumble test, I'll try to be available as much as possible, but considering I'm moving in about three days and will be busy until then, I don't know when I'll be able to do the test. I'll try to keep you informed though.
MC Gamer
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 05:03:49 AM »

I got a mumble server. We can test it out either later this week or next week. I want everythiong worked out and tested way before the actual marathon. My big concern atm is security. I want everyone to have the mumble info, but mumble is extremely open in information. So I guess I'll just have to pm everyone the info or something...

If you can get all runners into the Mumble at least once before the marathon, you can register them with the server and allow them to move people into a private room so during the stream, only those approved and those they drag in can enter. Not sure if you are knowledgeable in ACL, but I could help out if needed. Smiley
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 05:04:44 PM »

I'm not really familiar actually. I was messing with it earlier, but I'd love to get some help and volunteers in general. PM me on IRC or whatever some time so we can talk. I might not be available today or tomorrow, but poke me and see.

MC Gamer
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 08:08:28 AM »

I'm not really familiar actually. I was messing with it earlier, but I'd love to get some help and volunteers in general. PM me on IRC or whatever some time so we can talk. I might not be available today or tomorrow, but poke me and see.

Feel free to PM me your Skype name, good way to contact me.

Smiley
itsokaytohatebananas
Deku Scrub

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 07:26:53 PM »

I want to give you as much help with this marathon as I can so  Grin

Donation Reader: itsokaytohatebananas
September 7th 10pm EDT-End of the marathon
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 11:36:05 PM »

The mumble server is live: