ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:01:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ZSR Marathon  (Read 27682 times)
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« on: June 13, 2013, 08:27:06 AM »

ZeldaSpeedRuns is going to hold a marathon. The idea is to speedrun all the zelda games. Not just a playthrough. We'll be using DoctorsWithoutBoarders as the charity. The list of runners/game so far can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah1M7NcXEDnWdF9CSk5nVDVoR3NjZGtFRHRBS3F5UUE#gid=0. It's subject to change, but we're not looking for volunteers atm.

When:
Starting on September 6th around 12pm EDT (-4 GMT)
Ending on September 8th around 12am EDT

The times are tentative and are dependent on how much setup time will be needed.

Where:
The marathon will be held completely online at http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/marathon. We'll be rotating streamers that will restream the individual games, but more on that logistical details later.

Topics of concern
  • Will this interfere with SGDQ or ESA? No, it's afterwards.
  • Marathon Name: There hasn't been an official name determined for the marathon. Currently we will default to "ZSRmarathon" or "ZSRthon". Obviously "Zeldathon" is already unavailable. Suggestions are welcome.
  • Is there a marathon site? Maxx said he'll have the webpage up by the end of the week.
  • Any other stuff you might think of.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:14:56 PM by TestRunner » Logged

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 06:49:24 PM »

Is suggesting to add a category allowed?
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »

For now, the gamelist/category list is fairly complete. I may consider adding a short category as a bonus incentive, assuming it's marathon runnable.

Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 02:32:15 AM »

Maxx said he'll have the webpage up by halloween.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 11:21:44 PM »

The slot of Four Sword Adventure is open, unfortunately. I'd want to have a really good performance of the run though, and preferably coop. If someone is interested in seriously grinding the game out, I may consider giving the slot. But as it stands, the game may just be dropped :[

Jbop
Site Editor
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 02:25:09 AM »

Ask Zmaster91 and/or Geno, they have been doing runs and glitch researching lately afaik (on FSA)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:29:16 AM by Jbop » Logged

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Benzouz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »

Hi,

I was just wondering why OoT 3D is not represented in the ZSR marathon ?
Is because the game is the same than OoT 64 ?
Still a lot of glitches are different than the N64 version so the route would be quite different and otherwise it could be done in a different category anyway ? (like MST which is very interesting)
Or is it because no speedrunners were available on the dates of the marathon ?

I know that maybe the list of games is closed and there's no point of discussing this sort of thing, but I'm really interested in an answer because I really love this game and I'd like to see runs to learn more about it
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 05:18:20 PM »

No one of the good runners can stream in good quality (or just dont find it comfortable) and im sure the folks at ZSR wants people to use the capture device, its sad because I want to see people demonstrate how the game is like after these months... Sad

Or people think its the same as the 64 version :|

Also no offense to the runners, but they dont practise enough, (or focus on one category) that would result to something horrible in the marathon.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:24:05 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 06:51:26 PM »

I would love to do OoT3D MST in the marathon, as I have been working pretty hard on the category as of late, but as Toast said, only one guy who runs the game has a capture card and he isn't very active or all that good Tongue

I mean if people would be ok with a really shitty webcam stream, I'd do it, but I'm pretty sure no one wants that, and unfortunately, that's just the way things are...

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Benzouz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 09:34:24 PM »

Well I've been watching your 5:25 100% WR for the past 2 days and I wasn't really bothered by the quality :p
It had some stream sometimes but otherwise it was ok Wink
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 11:09:33 PM »

Really the point of the marathon is kind of for viewer experience... My stream quality definitely would not be good for that. Like I said, I'd love to, but the marathon would be better off without.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Mases
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 01:29:54 AM »

Hey guys, Mases here from Zelda Dungeon.

Zelda Dungeon has a live event that weekend (9th-11th). Any chance the ZSRM can be pushed back a week or so.

If so, that would be awesome and Zelda Dungeon would provide full coverage of it. I reached out a few weeks ago, and I'd love to talk to some of you about working together. If any of the organizers has Skype, please contact me at armochicken13. I'd love to talk about collaboration for this and future events. I've got tons of ideas going through my head.

Looking forward to it!

-Mases
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 02:35:08 AM »

Ask Zmaster91 and/or Geno, they have been doing runs and glitch researching lately afaik (on FSA)

If you can get them to contact me or post here, that would be great. I'd only really want to add it if there was serious dedication in their practice. I'd also much prefer a multiplayer run, but most speedrunners don't live near each other :/

I was just wondering why OoT 3D is not represented in the ZSR marathon ?

There is nobody who runs the game who has proper streaming equipment, unfortunately. I don't really require high quality streams, but a camera has too many things that end poorly. Also, very low audio/video quality really is a turn off. Camera's tend to have lots of scanlines or poor lighting capture, and it'll be too hard to make out the game.

Zelda Dungeon has a live event that weekend (9th-11th). Any chance the ZSRM can be pushed back a week or so.

Hmm, unfortunately, we've had to already reschedule the marathon once already. Doing so again, will be very difficult at this point. There's pretty much an event every week, so we'd be hard pressed to find another suitable time anytime soon. In addition, we'd probably lose some runners if we tried to move the date again. We are really sorry. We really respect your marathon, and would love to work with you in future events though. I'll send you my Skype if you wanna talk more. Hopefully we won't run into this issue in the future :[

Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 02:47:57 AM »

Hey guys, Mases here from Zelda Dungeon.

If so, that would be awesome and Zelda Dungeon would provide full coverage of it. I reached out a few weeks ago, and I'd love to talk to some of you about working together. If any of the organizers has Skype, please contact me at armochicken13. I'd love to talk about collaboration for this and future events. I've got tons of ideas going through my head.

Looking forward to it!

-Mases
Hmm, unfortunately, we've had to already reschedule the marathon once already. Doing so again, will be very difficult at this point. There's pretty much an event every week, so we'd be hard pressed to find another suitable time anytime soon. In addition, we'd probably lose some runners if we tried to move the date again. We are really sorry. We really respect your marathon, and would love to work with you in future events though. I'll send you my Skype if you wanna talk more. Hopefully we won't run into this issue in the future :[

Basically what TestRunner said. As much as we don't want to interfere with (and I would LOVE to see coverage for our marathon on ZeldaDungeon), I don't think we could move it at this point. We had a really hard time scheduling already, and I think trying to move it again would completely kill it Sad

But I definitely want to collaborate more for future events! I'll try to contact you over Skype.

Thanks for letting us know. We'll be in touch.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 07:27:07 PM »

Oh, we also need some artists. I'd need a banner for advertising, a 16:9 backdrop for advertisement. I'd also need a little help making some layouts.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: