ZSR Forums
March 19, 2024, 02:39:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wondering where to start  (Read 12262 times)
Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 04:35:22 AM »

Whatever you choose, I don't recommend EMS, it's a big Red Herring. It's a fun glitch to mess around with, but you end up using crazy technical tricks to clean up the mess. It is possible to gain Iza's bomb bag by clearing the rocks with the Gale Boomerang and the lent bombs, and you can later get infinite bomb arrows to save Ilia and get the Zora Armor.

Later, you can use the Spinner to clip into the Goron Mines. In the end, EMS is a fun glitch to learn, and it forces you to do all the technical hardmode tricks to get it all sorted.

However it's your pick, if you want to jump into the hard stuff, EMS is the best hard route.
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 05:45:12 AM »

#EMSiseasy

LAXYXY
Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »

#EMSiseasy

EMS isn't terribly bad if you get the hang of it, but to clean up the mess later is unnecessarily pointless to have it in the first place, not unless it comes with some way to use it in a breakthrough.
Multisnivy
Regular Guay

Dont be hatin on my swag dawg:p

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 11:51:39 PM »

um use ems in a breakthrough? if u mean wat i think u do ems helps skipping alot of stuff before ur supposed to

Be serious bro, the muffin is coming for you >Smiley
stealinbread
Deku Scrub

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 02:16:06 AM »

Posting here because I'm also wondering how best to start?

I'm definitely going to play this game casually a few times (I've beaten it 3 times in my life but want to familiarize myself with it more).

But then, where do you begin? I definitely know any% no S+Q is my calling, but beyond that, what's best to learn first as far as tricks/skips go?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »

Practise boomerang LJA spots (the timing and position is different in most of them) Sword and Shield skip LJA, EMS, do a couple of dungeons and twilight area runs so you can practise some tricks etc.

I don't think there's a real TP IRC channel unless you count #pheenoh...

Btw, do you have the GC or Wii version? I assume the former.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
stealinbread
Deku Scrub

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 02:58:18 AM »

Practise boomerang LJA spots (the timing and position is different in most of them) Sword and Shield skip LJA, EMS, do a couple of dungeons and twilight area runs so you can practise some tricks etc.

I don't think there's a real TP IRC channel unless you count #pheenoh...

Btw, do you have the GC or Wii version? I assume the former.
GC of course. And thanks, I'll do that!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: