ZSR Forums
March 19, 2024, 02:27:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: TP: Question & Answer / Trick Help  (Read 38021 times)
Skyreon
Deku Scrub

Just another Twilight Princess victim

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 05:42:58 PM »

hey, whats the ideal 300 rupees to get in any%?

You need to pay 300 rupees to Fyer for him to repair the cannon you use to enter City in the Sky.

EDIT: I'm sorry I misread your comment. You should practice getting the rupees on the tree tops during the snowboarding to SPR as you can get about 100 rupees during this part. There is also a Bubble you can kill with the Ball and Chain at the entrance of SPR which will drop a orange rupee. According to Chaoslink, if you swing the B&C the Bubble won't drop the rupee (at least not consistently) so throw it twice instead. After you get the Ball and Chain either Ooccoo out and re-enter or save warp and re-enter. The statue is the second one to the left in the first room. You can also get 50 rupees from a chest in Arbiter's right before the Bulblin fight. Furthermore, kill all ReDeads to get 80 rupees in Arbiter's Grounds. These methods should be excellent to reach the 300 mark.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:41:19 PM by Skyreon » Logged

<runnerguy2489> If I would push them next to each other, I think they would be like right next to each other.
Holden
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 09:00:50 PM »

thanks
Holden
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 08:05:46 PM »

hey,

sometimes i don't jump over the fence in the zombie hover for gorge skip

am i not mashing B fast enough or is it something else?

it feels so random whether i jump over it or not...
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 10:30:32 PM »

hey,

sometimes i don't jump over the fence in the zombie hover for gorge skip

am i not mashing B fast enough or is it something else?

it feels so random whether i jump over it or not...
It's a frame rule; you have to hit b on a set of specific frames to get over. You just have to mash fast on the area where you slide over and hope you get it.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »

If you mash fast enough you'll get it basically every time. Occasionally you can still miss it even mashing 15 times per second, but it's very, very rare. 10 per second or so should get you over at least 90% of the time.
stealinbread
Deku Scrub

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 05:16:19 AM »

Bokoblin pushing is really hard for me. It's the bane of my existence.

What's the secret to doing it consistently? I can usually push one to about halfway to the bird shop, but then he circles around me one way or the other, and I can't regain control and I just lose it.
Zeldoge
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 03:03:55 PM »

Are there speed differences if you run the gamecube version on the gamecube or wii? I'm not talking about the GCN/Wii version of the game, but about running the GCN version on Wii.
Thanks Smiley
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »

Depending on how new/old the Wii is the loading times are faster. 2006-2009 ones are slower than 2010-2013 ones afaik. No clue if the Family Edition or Wii Mini are faster/slower.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Zeldoge
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 07:15:58 PM »

Is it legit to speedrun on Wii then? And what device do TP runners play on? Or doesn't it matter actually, because i'm really interested in learning to speedrun TP.
Thanks for the answer tho
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 10:52:15 PM »

Yea it's legit, forcing people to buy a Gamecube would be shitty. I think most people use Wii.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2014, 09:35:02 PM »

Hi! I'm learning TP No S + Q and I'm having a little trouble with the bokoblins at the beginning of the game. I can push them fine all the way to the blue bird's shop(I forget his name), but when I push them in and try to go around and make the bird hit them, about 75% of the time they keep clipping back out and running up towards the wooden cage near the entrance to the forest temple. Is there any way to prevent this from constantly happening? Any help is appreciated.
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 10:37:20 PM »

Hi! I'm learning TP No S + Q and I'm having a little trouble with the bokoblins at the beginning of the game. I can push them fine all the way to the blue bird's shop(I forget his name), but when I push them in and try to go around and make the bird hit them, about 75% of the time they keep clipping back out and running up towards the wooden cage near the entrance to the forest temple. Is there any way to prevent this from constantly happening? Any help is appreciated.
Try to wait shortly before pressing up next to the bokoblin; pushing against him immediately tends to make him pop out of the shop more from my experience. Where you push him into the shop is also important, because he can pass through the ropes (or whatever they are) more easily in some spots, or worse the game can softlock. Try pushing him in and waiting and observing him. When done right, he should get stuck in the corner and grind in place. When you push up against him, push up left (or more specifically, away from the rope where you pushed him in). This will make Trill attack faster and lessen the chance he will pop out.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 01:07:26 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMQ79QjPB9c

I'm trying to do this glitch, but it is so hard for 240 quality.

when I LJA to the ledge, I can't even get double jump attack like he did in the video.
I know how to do the LJA, but how does he manage to do a jump attack?

I tried double tapping A, tried hold L and tapping A, tried tapping them both... I did this while in midair and after I smacked the wall.
He says there's a paradox0 video...not on youtube!
logitechsdaz
Regular Guay

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2015, 03:10:39 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMQ79QjPB9c

I'm trying to do this glitch, but it is so hard for 240 quality.

when I LJA to the ledge, I can't even get double jump attack like he did in the video.
I know how to do the LJA, but how does he manage to do a jump attack?

I tried double tapping A, tried hold L and tapping A, tried tapping them both... I did this while in midair and after I smacked the wall.
He says there's a paradox0 video...not on youtube!

Mash B after the LJA until the bomb boost.
http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/tp/world/faron-province

The video you are referring to is not on Paraxade0's channel. It is on his old youtube channel MrP0tter. He got on the ledge without a bomb boost. It is very difficult to pull off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OxiIYx3Yv4
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:12:51 AM by logitechsdaz » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2015, 05:29:55 AM »

Ahh, he was MrP0tter.

Figured out it was B...I need to try it non-bombs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: