ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:38:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: All Medallions NG+ Category  (Read 28606 times)
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 06:18:33 AM »

Oka i'll try to explain the frame. you know how the explosion is orangish?It's when the flame just barely has anymore orange in it. (Sorry if that didn't make any sense Tongue)

LAXYXY
Multisnivy
Regular Guay

Dont be hatin on my swag dawg:p

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 06:34:09 AM »

makes sense Roll Eyes

Be serious bro, the muffin is coming for you >Smiley
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 09:41:10 AM »

make sure to put questions in the question/answer thread. not here, this place is for routing a category  Wink
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 01:13:31 AM »

Yeah, but still i think this would be a fun category. except one thing...the gerudo as child lol.

LAXYXY
Multisnivy
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 02:14:43 AM »

Yeah, but still i think this would be a fun category. except one thing...the gerudo as child lol.
i was originally thinknig of putting that in the route but i thought it would be faster not to...

flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 08:40:49 PM »

Okay, i want to do this now due to some grinding of gerudo as child.Is there a full route yet?

LAXYXY
Multisnivy
Regular Guay

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 04:12:21 AM »

im not sure there is still that one i made a month ago lol ill make one later tonight though

flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 04:13:10 AM »

Yours was really slow lol

LAXYXY
Multisnivy
Regular Guay

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 04:23:09 AM »

hey i sucked at gerudos as kid back then so i could not have included it in the route but now ive looked past my ways

Drenn
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 02:37:15 AM »

So, I routed this. As it turns out, it might be faster to RBA as adult, because then you can use the light arrow cutscene to BA the hammer on B, and skip practically the entire fire temple.

Of course, the alternative is to RBA the odd mushroom as child, using the megaflip/damage boost to get to gerudo's fortress... I'm really bad at that Tongue Luckily I can use death hole to gerudo training grounds if I'm not RBA'ing as a child.

I'm relatively new to running this game, so it can probably be improved in some ways.

http://pastebin.com/H1EYLD0m

Edit: I just realized that king dodongo is unbeatable if you don't keep the hammer... which means you need first try fire temple wrong warp. It would be safer to kill dodongo when you're still a child... or wrong warp to ganon's tower collapse.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:26:29 AM by Drenn » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 02:59:59 PM »

Wow this looks incredibly solid. Only thing that I can see that I would change is picking up bugs in the lost woods on the way to Saria.

I don't know nearly as much as I should know about RBA, so I'm not sure so much if anything could be better, but from what I do know, this looks good.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Drenn
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 06:45:23 PM »

Wow this looks incredibly solid. Only thing that I can see that I would change is picking up bugs in the lost woods on the way to Saria.

I don't know nearly as much as I should know about RBA, so I'm not sure so much if anything could be better, but from what I do know, this looks good.
I didn't know about those bugs, but I still think it'd be faster to get the bugs outside the fountain. I know I wrote the order wrong, but you can get the bugs while waiting for your bomb to explode Wink

The rupee route isn't very good, though. You need 80 rupees to buy the shield by the end of the child segment. This route gives you 40 rupees, plus whatever the RNG gives you in the zora diving game. You could always go to the pot house if you're short on rupees, but maybe there are some rupees I missed along the way which would be more convenient?
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 08:23:34 PM »

No, if you time the bomb right you don't need to wait. The bugs in the Lost Woods are the fastest. As for the rupees, grab two of the chain rupees [40 R] on your way to Zelda since you have to wait for the egg to hatch anyways

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 10:07:06 PM »

I messed with the route some and did some timing. It appears that the fastest route as far as getting to the mushroom is first going to Hyrule, getting the shield and setting FW in market. Then go to gerudo fortress and get the mushroom. You need to do the megaflip damage boost here. Get the mushroom and then savequit and DHWW in the lost woods. This route uses a lot more bombs than the other but is signifigantly faster

Drenn
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 11:52:26 PM »

Does it use more bombs? First try megaflip-damage boost only takes 2 bombs. If you did wrong warp instead, you'd need 2 bombs to kill yourself (using farore's wind buffering). Anyway, I can certainly see that being faster.

Edit: But you need to damage yourself, riiight... so the bomb chest or a bomb drop is probably necessary this way.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:55:39 PM by Drenn » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: