ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:05:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Questions & Answers Thread.  (Read 11474 times)
Tenderhearted
Deku Scrub

« on: January 03, 2013, 03:54:41 AM »

Hello, Welcome newcomers and old. If you Have any questions about Skyward Sword or need tips on stuff? We have answers!! Enjoy your stay!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:06:02 AM by Tenderhearted » Logged
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:32:10 PM »

can you unplug the sensor bar after the initial usage of it without the game crying

I can display millions of polygons!
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »

That sounds like a not so great idea since the controller uses the sensor bar to re-calibrate during play

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 08:37:05 PM »

Why don't you just jump on the bird at the beginning, fly into skykeep, cdstream through the walls, then BiTWrongWarp to Demise?
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 09:09:22 PM »

Why don't you just jump on the bird at the beginning, fly into skykeep, cdstream through the walls, then BiTWrongWarp to Demise?

seriously Abah? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It would obviously be way faster to simply cube warp from skyloft to lanayru while entering the Sparing Hall on the same frame to WW to Demise Tongue

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
PurpleSunDeryl
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »

Maybe you could recatch something in a bottle the frame before a cutscene. then you could skip it. I'm a duck.

<PurpleSunDeryl> Keep practicing, then you'll remember the game like the back of your end.
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 04:40:31 AM »

What was Nintendo thinking when they made it so that after link falls he respawns at the same point where he fell from?

SOLD OUT
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 08:29:28 AM »

They were probably thinking "Hey these maps are fucking massive, should make sure the player doesn't spawn a mile away just because they fell in quicksand".

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »

Why is so much of the community against pre-made files? Is it to do with SDA rulings? After all Hero mode is essentially a pre-made file. I don't see the problem with it being a seperate category.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 09:50:56 PM »

Technically Hero Mode is NG+, iirc what we came up with. Other premade files just make the game stupid by letting you beat the game in 7 minutes. They could be used for a race for fun I guess, but they would need to be shared. What would be the point of premade files being a seperate category? Like what category would it be, how would the files be given out. How would they be checked to be the right original file, etc.
Nox
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 09:19:43 AM »

Sorry if this has already been asked but how can I avoid crashing my game while doing bit? Everything works fine until I try to copy my save file in order to create a corrupted one.
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 02:33:15 PM »

Sorry if this has already been asked but how can I avoid crashing my game while doing bit? Everything works fine until I try to copy my save file in order to create a corrupted one.

that means you're hitting plus while you have control of link. You want to hit plus to copy when link is falling into a void. So, either at the start of BiT, or when you fall over the side of the bridge.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »

There is actually another way to do when you are able to control link. In game you need to hold + button and 1 button exactly 4 or 5 frames before they open any menus up in the game. If you do very tiny and quickly tap to your + button while in BiT you can copy your file while you are controling Link. It sounds weird but it's true and it works. I also use this method. Hope this helps! Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 03:37:58 AM »

No one agreed than Hero mode is NG+. The main reason we don't allow premade files is that it's not really significant enough to warrant a separate category. It also violates speedrunning rules in most communities. Also, there's that 6 minute category if you allow it, which is kinda silly.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Demise
Regular Guay

Cant be bothered to think of anything to put here.

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »

I'm not sure if this has to go to Q&A or research, but this is more a question so I'm posting this here. I'm watching a speedrun right now, and I came up with this idea: since you can't do Thunder Dragon early due to the key not being there, if, after beating the silent realm and speaking  with the goron to get the key (which opens the door to the sand sea) you went to the gorge, would you be able to get to the dragon? Or would it disable the key?...

EDIT: I just did that, and the key works but the timeshift stone glitches. I'll post my results in the research thread.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:58:41 PM by Demise » Logged

Can't be bothered to put anything in my sig either. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: