ZSR Forums
March 19, 2024, 02:37:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
  Print  
Author Topic: General Trick Discussion  (Read 203927 times)
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2013, 04:41:12 AM »

No one has ever been in the settings menu before.
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2013, 08:37:49 PM »

I am no one then. Some people don't like to use HOLD.

It is funny to know what many speedrunners don't know.  Wink
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:42:05 PM by oligi3008 » Logged

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

Expert Glitch Theorist. Pro Doom Jumper. BiT God.

« Reply #272 on: May 05, 2014, 12:55:47 AM »

My second post!! Cheesy

I found a glitch that allows you to go straight to the Water Temple in less than 5 minutes of gameplay.

1) Infinite Bombs & Arrows with Water Bombs in your first bomb bag
2) BiT
3) Save during BiT
4) Once in FW, get Iron Boots.
5) With boots, get Lantern, then do Early Hyrule Field (Epona Clip method)
6) Do Early Lanayru Province (Epona Clip)
7) Jump off the Hylian Bridge to Early Lake Hylia.
This is where my glitch comes in. I call it: "Diveless Early Lakebed Temple"
Cool Once in Lake Hylia, swim to where you are near the entrance of the dungeon.
9) Put on the Iron Boots and sink to the bottom.
10) Once at bottom, quickly do Swim with Water Bombs by swaping the Iron Boots with the Lantern.
11) Try to float up enough to where the bomb explodes in front of the rock to blow it up (this may take 2 attempts to be on the safe side).
12) Once inside, you can use at least 3 Water Bombs to get past that underwater tunnel there without Zora Armor. Then tada!

What makes my version of Early Lakebed Temple unique is that it is possible on ANY verison of TP, since it doesn't require Rupee Diving, which is patched on the newest TP's (including mine Sad) However, this glitch sounds good, but it is completely useless unless we can get to the Forest Temple to learn the Ending Blow hidden skill, which is required to beat Ganondorf. For the Ending Blow, we would have to complete Twilight Faron Woods, which would mean doing the Ordon Sword & Shield Skip. Since it's on a BiT file, we would still have to do all the BiT fixes as well, obviously. Now I can't test this theory on my own to beat the game because I have the latest version of TP, which means I can't do the Map Glitch to Early Snowpeak, but I am currently working on getting to that point, but that would be as far as I would be able to get, so it would be up to you guys from there. Sad

Quote from: Dolly Parton
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
Quote from: Myself
LIES!!! I direct the wind using my beautiful Wind Waker! Parton's a dumb b***h!
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #273 on: May 05, 2014, 08:21:15 AM »

That isn't exactly anything new. It's been known that you can quite easily enter Lakebed if you have iron boots + water bombs, since that what I had done way back when I discovered the white midna glitch.

Infinite Bombs & Arrows won't save time because the setup to Infinite Bombs & Arrows must count towards the run time.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

Expert Glitch Theorist. Pro Doom Jumper. BiT God.

« Reply #274 on: May 05, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be that good. I'm new to this whole speedrunning thing, but I'm generally a good glitcher. I have a lot of good glitches for TP, but most of them require the use of CD Streaming, which makes them useless for speedrunning, but they are fun as a pastime. I found "Early Kakariko Village," "Actor Cloning," "Poe Soul Text Delay/Skip," "Escape Twilight Faron Woods as a Human," and "Human in Twilight Kakariko Gorge." I like all of your glitches mzxrules. You're one of my favorite Zelda glitchers on youtube. So is paraxade0, kazooie, LogitechSDAZ, and FierceLink. I plan to start speedrunning once I get a video capture card or a damn good video camera. Smiley I just registered to this site yesterday, so I'm still a noob to it, but I think it would be great if all the best Zelda glitchers could team up and break these games!

Quote from: Dolly Parton
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
Quote from: Myself
LIES!!! I direct the wind using my beautiful Wind Waker! Parton's a dumb b***h!
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2014, 09:46:56 AM »

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be that good. I'm new to this whole speedrunning thing, but I'm generally a good glitcher. I have a lot of good glitches for TP, but most of them require the use of CD Streaming, which makes them useless for speedrunning, but they are fun as a pastime. I found "Early Kakariko Village," "Actor Cloning," "Poe Soul Text Delay/Skip," "Escape Twilight Faron Woods as a Human," and "Human in Twilight Kakariko Gorge." I like all of your glitches mzxrules. You're one of my favorite Zelda glitchers on youtube. So is paraxade0, kazooie, LogitechSDAZ, and FierceLink. I plan to start speedrunning once I get a video capture card or a damn good video camera. Smiley I just registered to this site yesterday, so I'm still a noob to it, but I think it would be great if all the best Zelda glitchers could team up and break these games!
Uh, please post how you did all of that.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #276 on: May 19, 2014, 02:36:32 AM »

• Early Kak can be done half a dozen different ways
  • Actor cloning is probably the result of sequence breaks that result in "duplicate" main story children spawning in Kakariko Village/the inn
  • Poe soul delay skip is a paraxade? trick where harvesting a poe's soul just as night ends causes the collection cutscene to be postponed until night falls again
  • Escaping Faron as a human is an LJA away
  • Being human in any twilight region except South Faron can be achieved with either Early Master Sword or CD Streaming.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Habreno
Regular Guay

« Reply #277 on: June 27, 2015, 06:19:36 AM »

Currently, BiTE for Early Monkeys/EBF is done either after the initial BiTE and KB1 fight (in BiTE Route) or after EMS (in optimal route), or after Faron Vessel (All Dungeons). All three of these categories also have a BiT at the very beginning of the game as well.

Why can't we set up Early Monkeys/EBF before doing Ordon Village, during the initiial BiT we are forced to do?

Thinking:

Start game, gate clip, BiT, jump off edge once to pull up normal HuD. [Exactly like a normal start]
Save, but don't quit, jump off again [Normal start would be to reset/quit after saving; jumping off again will trigger a Game Over]
Continue, reset with either method (soft reset then skip CS or ride to edge and reset while falling) to trigger Early Monkeys/EBF? [Coincidentally, this puts you at the title screen to load your BiT file and savewarp]

The Game Over is slightly annoying, yes, but it's got to be faster than having to S/Q and keep another file for BiTE. Someone who's better than me at TP, if you can test the timings?
Habreno
Regular Guay

« Reply #278 on: August 12, 2015, 07:25:42 AM »

While there are a fair bit of glitches, I still have to tip my hat to the coders for this one.

If you do not have the ability to transform between human and wolf, are in wolf form, and attempt to open a chest that would normally transform you to human, you simply fail to open the chest, and Link, in wolf form, simply headbutts the chest.

I found this out by the following:

EMS, clearing through to puzzle, leaving MS behind.
Normal 1st dungeon, Normal 2nd dungeon, Normal 3rd twilight, Zora Armor, Normal 3rd dungeon to Clawshot.
Obtained Ooccoo, Bomb Boost to Sacred Grove as Human, ran through, blew up the rock, Ooccoo Jr. back to Lakebed.
Completed Lakebed, MDH, Midna Jumps to Sacred Grove, ran through, dug into dig spot and killed babas to spawn chest.

I thought for sure something weird would happen.

On a side note, I intend to have Max% No Master Sword finished preliminary routing soon, if anyone cares about weird obscure things that don't beat the full game.

P.S. Ignore my previous post from June. As I was informed in another source, the suggestion is not done because Sacred Grove sets the flag to 1, thus overriding the Early Monkeys set from KB1.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
  Print  

Jump to: