ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 06:42:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% Discussion  (Read 24450 times)
DropDead
Deku Scrub

I'm no good

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 01:40:29 PM »

Also if you had bombchus why get saria's song?
Saria Song could be a reassurant its not really needed

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 11:43:43 AM »

So is there any video of any any% run?

Btw. the only thing that is keeping you from using Ganondoor in any% is that only Bomb IO works in this version, correct?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:54:39 AM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 12:23:34 PM »

Heres a VERY dirty run (casual and i failed the warp at the end) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttsncTJKk6c. The problem with Ganondoor is that IIRC the warp doesnt work, it crashes. You can still use bomb OI on the warp though.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:26:51 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »

Ideally what ganondoor would be useful for would be any% NG+ with Ocarina because we wouldn't have to OI to delay the blue warp. Unfortunately the game crashed because in the 3D version of this game, Deku, DC, Jabu (impossible anyways), and fire warps can only warp you directly into a cut scene and the values for ganondoor just don't work.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 11:30:40 PM »

Heres a VERY dirty run (casual and i failed the warp at the end) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttsncTJKk6c. The problem with Ganondoor is that IIRC the warp doesnt work, it crashes. You can still use bomb OI on the warp though.
Nice to at least see somebody do the route. Why is there nobody running this?

Btw. does keeping the switch at the end of DC down with navi not work on 3DS?

Ideally what ganondoor would be useful for would be any% NG+ with Ocarina because we wouldn't have to OI to delay the blue warp. Unfortunately the game crashed because in the 3D version of this game, Deku, DC, Jabu (impossible anyways), and fire warps can only warp you directly into a cut scene and the values for ganondoor just don't work.
Has this been tested in detail? Maybe you just have to watch different curscenes beforehand to make it not crash...
Well guess we'll have to revisit this in a view years when we have ram-watch.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:40:23 PM by Slowking » Logged

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 06:31:30 AM »

I mean I'm no genie at this game but I think at one point I heard something about how their were 2 kinds of places you could warp to. One had values for a CS and the other did not. The blue warps mentioned before all try to take you to areas with CS values. However the values you have aren't CS values so shit gets screwed up. DH WW on the other other hand is able to take you to both kinds of values I believe.

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »

That doesn't sound right. Ofcourse I only know how normal OoT works (and even there just the basics) but it wouldn't make sense to add something this convoluted to OoT 3D when the simple version worked just fine.

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 09:59:53 AM »

That doesn't sound right. Ofcourse I only know how normal OoT works (and even there just the basics) but it wouldn't make sense to add something this convoluted to OoT 3D when the simple version worked just fine.
My explanation is probably wrong. However I do know that only those blue warps can only warp directly into a CS. Also Grezzo was pretty dumb with this game and changed some really stupid shit, so who knows.

DropDead
Deku Scrub

I'm no good

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 12:45:45 PM »

Talking about the Ganon thing, a couple of problems arise. 1. No bottle ocarina so have fun getting in the blue warp. 2. Getting Farores wind would be more optimal to finish DC because Deku entry requires an equiped sword and shield(If doing NG+). 3. If you some how NG+ strategy gets to Ganondorf, your gonna need to have a ton of Deku sticks or the sword ready because there is no ISG unless you plan on doing YOLO strats to get it. So even if the skip is possible, I doubt it would be better than the strategy we have now.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 08:12:52 PM »

1. Ocarina items can be done if you have bombs with a different method
2. You can get to deku w/out sword and shield by getting zelda's lullaby
3. I'm assuming you mean ganon instead of ganondorf, and anyway even if ganondoor worked, I think with current known glitches it could not be faster than the current any% route with or without ng+

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »

Yeah and even if you mean Ganon you can still beat him with one stick. (Via broken deku stick glitch.)

LAXYXY
DropDead
Deku Scrub

I'm no good

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »

I knew about the bomb ocarina but that would mean having to get bombs which would be a waste to not finish the DC afterwards and true the broken stick works but I was thinking since his tail flails all over, it would be hard to get 1 deku to break and remain in your hands. Also can you explain how getting Zeldas lullaby would get you through. Or is it that when you get it the guards no longer block the entrences. Still all these variables seem to be longer than the current any%. Now dont get me wrong I dont run any%(I do NG+) but with my backround knowledge I just think that doing these tricks aren't big enough time savers to make the Ganondorf faster(IF it was possible)

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 02:02:32 AM »

Lol you guys are totally misinterpretating what I said the other day. What I meant was, if ganondoor was going to be useful anywhere, it'd be in a NG+ ocarina run. Yes you'd have to get lullaby, which would be slow, but you would not have to get bottle like in oot any%. With this there's be no need for bottles, bombs, any of that stuff. Just a shield, sticks, lullaby, and nuts.

DropDead
Deku Scrub

I'm no good

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 07:48:10 PM »

I never thought of that. That seems really easy however you would have to pick up the sword and still get enough sticks to defeat him.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:33:45 AM by dropdead » Logged

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 09:29:41 PM »

NNNNeedWell you wouldn't have to pick up the sword (although you could) and you would only need 2 deku sticks if you broke it right, which I doubt would be too hard... However, ganondoor is impossible so none of this even matter Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: