ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:19:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: TWW: Question & Answer / Trick Help  (Read 64622 times)
Nook
Special Guay

« on: September 19, 2012, 12:28:37 PM »

If you have any questions about the workings of the game, tricks, routes, or speedruns, this is the place to ask or help others.

Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:08:29 AM »

Is there a route available for a segmented any% run?

I don't really have enough time at the moment to try single segment runs but I can't find any routes on the internet.

Thanks!

Currently playing: Ocarina of Time (GC)
Working on: No RBA/WW
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 11:55:43 AM »

There is not any right now, KlydeStorm had one but at this point it's dated. I would imagine it would be similar to the RTA route and segmented mostly by savewarps. As far as tricks go, segmented would not bring anything new aside from a possible Puppet Ganon skip.

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 12:00:46 AM »

Segmented runs aren't really faster. A segmented run consists of doing segments over and over to get them perfect. AFAIK they aren't really meant for casual speed running. Also, there is no segmented route, and I don't think anyone will make a route for a while because of all the recent discoveries.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 01:56:58 AM »

Sticky'd.

Is there a list of good spots to do storage at?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 02:18:55 AM »

Not yet.
rust45
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »

I need help with routing in a master sword speedrun. In my practice run I just did forbidden woods, but I'm not sure where I should go from here. I'm pretty much a noob at knowing how to have the wind. So if someone could tell me sail locations and wind changes up till TotG for me. I would be really appreciative. Thanks ahead of time.

EDIT: Just for clarification, I have the wind at NW from leafing into FW.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:52:46 PM by rust45 » Logged
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 11:35:58 PM »

If you follow this you can learn the whole route: http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=fcDzcxRRXTU

rust45
Regular Guay

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 12:12:01 AM »

Are you sure about that route in there? He doesn't even go to Eastern Triangle after FW. Wouldn't it be faster to go there after FW as opposed to after Southern Triangle?
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 04:13:30 AM »

That is the most recent Master Sword route, everything was timed to make it as fast as possible

Demon9
Regular Guay

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 07:07:38 AM »

I think Swordless couldn't find the eastern triangle island in that run so he went there later after S triangle. This is alot slower so don't mind that video, just go to E triangle after FW and then sail west to greatfish.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 01:31:47 PM »

I think Swordless couldn't find the eastern triangle island in that run so he went there later after S triangle. This is alot slower so don't mind that video, just go to E triangle after FW and then sail west to greatfish.
^ That's correct, I apologize I didn't watch this myself

rust45
Regular Guay

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 04:41:18 AM »

Alright, can someone explain how to get the barrel trick in FF1 consistent? I keep practicing that one section with the two moblins but half the time I end up getting caught by the second one. I try to run behind the wall but he still seems to catch me.
Gords
Deku Scrub

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »

I don't really have enough time at the moment to try single segment runs but I can't find any routes on the internet.
How long do you think before you will have enough time to do a single segment run?
my suggestion would be to just do parts of the game to learn the single segment and when you think you have enough time to do a whole run (based on the times of your practice segments) you could try a single segment. This is what i did a couple of years ago when i first learned a WW route for a zelda speedrun event, the first time i actually did the whole run was at the event. Breaking up the game into 3 categories (mainly because of 3 save slots); start to enter ToG, Tog to defeat Wind temple, and triforce chart/piece collection and defeat ganondorf.
I still use this same method except I have more save slots now and emulator, but the principle is the same as in practice the parts often and when i find time i do a run (which until Uni semester is over is just the Saturday english no tuner any% race on SRL)
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 10:01:51 AM »

Alright, can someone explain how to get the barrel trick in FF1 consistent? I keep practicing that one section with the two moblins but half the time I end up getting caught by the second one. I try to run behind the wall but he still seems to catch me.
Run toward the barrel, pick it up & drop it immediately, and make your way around them. The first one will not see you for sure if you're decently fast, but the second one is a bit trickier. If you don't get passed him with just about perfect speed, it's likely he'll see you. If you don't trust how fast you were going, go around Moblin 2's right side and wait for him to turn around, then go.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: