ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 10:49:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Jumping/Hook Shot Jumping  (Read 78725 times)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2012, 05:14:22 PM »

Ben just so you know, this trick is pretty random I also have my own method for it. Youll see in the run unless you want the vid earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2012, 05:41:01 PM »

Id appreciate a video.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2012, 05:46:48 PM »

I mean I'd really like to get a good run in before school starts for me on Monday, so sure a video would be really helpful actually.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2012, 05:47:58 PM »

Ok ill make one soon.

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2012, 08:17:14 PM »

Yeah. What you do is from the heart piece platform you angle yourself to the brown patch under the chest. Then you hoverslide and do a jumpslash at the end to reach it. From there you walk to the highest point and you angle yourself so you can backflip onto the seam. From there you can reach the Mirror Shield.

ARRRRGHHHH I WAS TESTING THAT OUT ON MY LUNCH BREAK AND WAS SO CLOSE TO GETTING IT!!!!!!

I hate my job -.-*

but any ways good job Grin
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2012, 11:37:29 PM »

Pedal, you said that you had your own method of doing this new trick. Is that method still pretty much the same as what Fox said?... Mainly I just want to find a way to do this without hoversliding because the timing is just so horrible for hoversliding. I think I've almost found a way to do this consistently with a with a hover HESS, but I just can't quite reach the platform yet Sad

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2012, 11:44:31 PM »

Yeah, his method is a Hover Hess.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2012, 02:09:16 AM »

In normal OoT the hookshot megajump goes way higher if you do it underwater. Can you hookshot jump underwater in this game? You'd think it'd work but then to make it work you have to take off the iron boots which IDK maybe it'll screw it up....

Maybe you could try getting to the exit from the silver rock gs in zf with it... :p
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2012, 07:21:47 AM »

I'll check on that zf gs R0bd0g.

Alright so I like this new spirit temple thing, but I'd like to be the first to say that pretty much everything in this trick is complete bullshit. Now, I can manage everything in this trick consistently for the most part except for that hoverslide. Now what would really make this a million times easier would be if we could find a reference to the frame where you put on your hoverboots,  or, better yet,  a reference to the frame before you put on your hoverboots. If we find that frame, hover sliding will be made much easier with home buffering. Anyone who can find that frame gets a milkshake, and becomes honorary chap of the day Tongue

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2012, 07:28:29 AM »

Thats the random part ben..il start recording soon.

Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2012, 08:34:34 AM »

Alright, so after practicing for hours, I can get this like 75-80% of the time. I find the best place to stand for the hoverslide is between the very middle dark crack in the front of heart piece platform and the cracked to the right of that. Now between those two cracks there's another cracks a little more toward the center of the platform that kind of looks like a plus. You should place you bomb so that it just next to that plus on the side of it that's closest to the edge of the platform. Practice makes perfect Wink

Also I've done some recordings but my camera is complete crap and I don't think any of them are usable Sad

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »

You can put on the boots at any point before you jump off the side, what are you talking about needing a certain frame?

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2012, 03:21:37 PM »

You need superslide speed if you want to reach it GS.  Wink
@Ben that's what happened to me with this trick. I had to put in a crap ton of practice to get it to work. I think I'm 80-85% consistent with it.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »

I've already commented this on pedal's video tutorial, but with this trick in an MST run, I was able to get from the warp with requiem, to the boss in about five minutes... I think this dungeon might even be more broken than the water temple now Smiley

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »

Bumping this thread because I have known a new trick. What you do is you face away from certain objects that are hookshotable, lean back into them, wait until Link's movement stops, and perform a DJ/ HJ. If done right you will trigger an IDJ/HSJ. This works on the scarecrow, most torches, Freezards, and Redeads. I'm sure that you can do this off of an Iron Knuckle but that would be pretty dangerous.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: