ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 01:05:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Uber Challenge Oot3d  (Read 25068 times)
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »

The original Uber Challenge was supposed to push the limits of the game. It was challenging but fun. This just looks plain hard. That's just my opinion, I'm entitled to it. I'll stop posting here if you don't like my constructive criticism.
there is nothing hard about this challenge i take it everyday only thing hard or actually takes time is poe hovering isg shadow early the rest is simple after that and besides if you think this is hard it is an uber challenge afterall not suppose to be easy Tongue

i can make a seperate more fun guide later i thinki it's pretty fun already just need to isg/poe hover practice a bit more rest is a piece of cake Tongue

heres a seperate list of restrictions easier shit for the noobs Tongue

- Three hearts at all times
- No Pieces of Heart or Heart Containers whatsoever
- No 20 or 30 Gold Skulltula rewards
- No Biggoron Sword
- No Capacity Upgrades
- No Dungeon Maps or Compasses
- No Fire Arrows
- No Gerudo’s Card
- No Golden Gauntlets
- No Golden Scale
- No Goron Bracelet
- No Goron Tunic
- No Iron Boots
- No Magic Beans
- No Silver Scale
- No Zora Tunic
- Buy the Giant’s Knife and break it upon becoming an adult and use rest of game
- Complete all dungeons
- Cannot use Megaton Hammer outside Fire Temple Boss room
- Can only learn Zelda’s Lullaby, Song of Time, Nocturne of Shadows, Saria’s Song, and Minuet of Forest
- Only Magic allowed is the Magic Meter, Light Arrows, and Dins Fire can only use entering Shadow Temple and Spell Dive in Water Temple
- Only One Bottle (Kakariko Bottle) Use Only in Fire Temple, For Jabu Jabu, And Some Skulltula
- Must Kill Dark Link Obviously need Longshot if Skipping Shadow Early not a requirement in the Harder Version cause the bow shit lol Noobie Section Water Temple is longer then Harder Section

- No Cheating Devices (sure they'll make one soon if they don't have one now)
- No Crooked Cartridge (if you can even do this with 3ds cartridge i wouldn't even try)

took out quite a few rules i'll figure out what to do later about shadow early without poe hover also means getting the song

amazed how small the rule list looks now hope i didn't miss anything lol

unfortunately i have to take out no longshot for noobie route and remove shadow before forest so route would be fire forest water shadow spirit

child route will be a bit longer but about the same as before just getting sarias song during the lost woods skulltula for mido later well might be shorter since i took out no fairy ocarina as well

have fun noobies alot easier seeing as i removed no goron tunic as well although should put that back in so you have atleast something hard to do fire no gorons and hookshoting the boss so you can two cycle it before you die Tongue EDITED NO GORON TUNIC BACK IN LOOKED TO EASY WITHOUT IT

how's the list now norkix Tongue

for the people who want a real challenge the first post list is for you. HAVEN'T FULLY TESTED ADULT ROUTE IN NOOBIE SECTION BUT IT SHOULD WORK

I'll update more and add it in as an optional more easy challenge once i test. THIS IS CHANGING ALOT SOON
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:11:33 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 01:30:08 AM »

I didn't say it had to be easy, I said it had to be fun. It didn't look fun, although if you say it is in practice I will take your word for it. I might do it if I ever find my 3DS

Sorry if you thought i was trolling *cough Pedalpowertoast cough* i didn't mean it that way, I was trying to be constructive.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 01:39:19 AM »

nothing wrong with the harder challenge other then the poe hover that can take 4 mins - days.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 11:10:10 PM »

So I noticed a slight inconsistency with this challenge. It says that you have to break the Giant's Knife upon becoming adult and use it for the rest of the game. That doesn't work with the Poe Hover since Link will not be able to use his shield with it out; he has to use the Master Sword for it.

Edit: I reread and I noticed that you say equip master sword, lol.

And also I got ISG to work 5 times today Wink ; I'm trying to develop a setup for it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:20:56 AM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 12:25:59 AM »

Fox if you did that I'd either hate you or love you depending on the setup...

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Czar_Yoshi
Regular Guay

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »

Why no Fire Temple as a child? You could skip the hammer as an adult that way.
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 08:04:36 AM »

czar I have never actually tried fire temple as a child, and I am pretty sure there is a problem with that anyways. if you can two cycle volvagia as a child this might work. 3 hearts the whole time only enough time to two cycle with a fairy, but yeah if fire temple child 3 hearts is possible I might add that if it doesn't mess with anything else but as far as I know it's not possible.

NEVERMIND IT WON'T WORK YOU NEED TSC FOR 3 SKULLTULA

do have a idea for getting into dodongos without the 40 skulltula though but it will be way to hard lol

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:32:05 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 11:50:07 AM »

do have a idea for getting into dodongos without the 40 skulltula though but it will be way to hard lol

And what might that idea be?

Czar_Yoshi
Regular Guay

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 05:53:09 PM »

czar I have never actually tried fire temple as a child, and I am pretty sure there is a problem with that anyways. if you can two cycle volvagia as a child this might work. 3 hearts the whole time only enough time to two cycle with a fairy, but yeah if fire temple child 3 hearts is possible I might add that if it doesn't mess with anything else but as far as I know it's not possible.

NEVERMIND IT WON'T WORK YOU NEED TSC FOR 3 SKULLTULA

I know it's possible because people have done it before. I don't know how to do it myself, as there's no section here on how to do it, so I can't really test myself to see how little stuff you can do it with.

If you get Din's Fire, then you only need TSC for 2 skulltula, and you already need it for the Shadow Temple Boss Key.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 10:44:29 PM »

Nope you skip shadow boss key so no you do not get Din's Fire...

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 07:57:02 AM »

ok czar, you didn't read the restrictions you do not get dins, even if you did get dins you still need tsc which gets rid of hammer on b so you can't kill volvagia . can't get to fire temple/volvagia as a child unless you have bombs or bombchus can't get neither with the goron bracelet restriction, only way to get bombs/bombchus is the 40 skulltula which again can't get 40 with hammer on b still to get to fire temple/kill volvagia. even if there was a better way for bombchus i'm not even sure you can two cycle volvagia as a child anyways.

@ben the idea is way out of the question unless you can isg with a deku stick let alone have a tektite kill you as you jumpslash on a heart with farores on b then using this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=monxoBQuQ80&feature=related and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FinbeKWefgQ then FW WW to spirit temple but i've tried that oob into fairy fountain on 3ds version it doesn't work. if this did work then you can get bombchus in spirit temple and silver gauntlets without goron bracelet, 40 skulltula for this challenge

but both things are impossible the idea and the volvagia thing.

czar i run this uber challenge alot i know whats possible and what isn't so if you think you can do your idea go for it :p but read the restrictions carefully, volvagia as a child is possible but not in this challenge
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:23:43 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Czar_Yoshi
Regular Guay

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »

Nope you skip shadow boss key so no you do not get Din's Fire...

I see nothing on the Shadow Temple page here... How?

Are there any restrictions on how you're allowed to kill Iron Knuckles? And when TSCing to BotW, is there a specific way you're supposed to go (Navi Dive/OoB by graveyard/OoB by DMT)?
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 10:42:05 AM »

you can kill iron knuckles anyways you'd like as long as you are not using master sword or bow. and you don't get dins at all no magic except light arrows for ganondorf and the magic meter you can get shadow temple boss key without dins and you can get botw skulltula anyways you'd like as long as you don't get song of storms

just read the restrictions more carefully i said only magic is meter and light arrows. obviously means no dins since dins uses magic

whenever i have a solid recording device i'll do a uber challenge run and post the video here. really good at everything and the run shouldn't take to long nothing that hard

if you want original oot uber challenge then look it up this is for 3ds version just so you know, this is considerably harder for some people lol
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:09:59 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Czar_Yoshi
Regular Guay

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 07:48:02 PM »

just read the restrictions more carefully i said only magic is meter and light arrows. obviously means no dins since dins uses magic

I read your restrictions more carefully already. I didn't say you can't skip Din's Fire (in my last post), I asked how. All the Shadow Temple page here lists are two ways to clip through the fence in the ferry room.
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 01:40:11 AM »

there is only one way in this challenge and thats with a bomb if you had a longshot then you can get through the gate a bit easier but this challenges skips the longshot.

since you obviously don't know alot of glitches about this game why do you even post here if you plan on taking this challenge do more research
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:50:04 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: