ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 02:11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% Seg'd Run (2 segments up, but may restart)  (Read 29975 times)
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »

loljk. I  -am- going to get Kid Icarus first though

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 10:51:59 PM »

I've uploaded three vids they are in the first post

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 11:30:05 AM »

It's not bad, but for a segmented run, there's a lot of little mistakes that just shouldn't be there. For example, at 3:13 in the second video, you walk towards the door, then turn around. There were a number of places where you pause randomly, or walk around instead of spinning.

Also, why did you break up segment 2 like that?
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 06:07:33 PM »

It's not bad, but for a segmented run, there's a lot of little mistakes that just shouldn't be there. For example, at 3:13 in the second video, you walk towards the door, then turn around. There were a number of places where you pause randomly, or walk around instead of spinning.

Also, why did you break up segment 2 like that?

I'm going to redo the intro, so dont worry about that one.

As for 3:13 in the second vid, time doesnt really matter at that point (night of the final day), which is why I walk instead of spinning, which gets quite annoying when youre doing it constantly. Also, the reason I go towards the door is because I pressesd Z too early to center the camera and the game didnt register it, so when I moved the stick to go  forward, I went towards the door instead. As for breaking up the Deku Cycle, I thought the time limit on YT was 10 minutes, and even the fastest Deku Cycle takes llonger than that, so I broke it in two before finding out them limit was 15 min. Personally, Im satisfied with my Deku Cycle.

I'm gonna redo a few segments today or tonight, and I will hopefully upload again this weekend.

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 11:50:05 PM »

If you have extra time, why not collect some rupees?

And if you a segment is more than 15 minutes you'll want to play the entire thing at once, and then break up the video into segments before uploading to youtube.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 04:26:27 AM »

Okay, so I should be getting my N64 back tomorrow. The question now is whether or not I should just completely restart the run, seeing as people are saying I should do my first two segments over. I have a great third segment, one that might be improvable by a few seconds, and the fourth is just garbage, I let a whole superslide go. I probably should, but the thought of having to sit through the Deku Cycle and the gruelling Song of Healing scene again is not appealing. I know I'm redoing the first seg (that sidehop was embarrassing Sad) and the fourth, but should I just start again from scratch?

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »

All right... um... this is going nowhere so... see you guys here again in summer, I hope.

ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 11:36:41 PM »

I hear it may be a new route for this category. Can anyone tell something concrete that will be changed from the present route?
Are you Norkix still working with this run?
Hope to see progress somewhere sometime.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 01:30:46 AM »

Once I get an EasyCap and an old laptop I can install the software on, I'll be restarting this so I can fix the shitty first and second segments and include Salesman Skip.

Haven't heard anything about a new route for this game since I've been working on 100% OoT3D for the past two months or so. Can't help you there, Arthur.

ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 06:07:42 PM »

The run....??
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: