ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:34:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: VC Control Stick Mapping  (Read 149600 times)
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2014, 06:36:41 PM »

sure thing Cheesy
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2014, 12:24:34 AM »

I look forward to having this adapter again whyieyesya!

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Vulpone
Regular Guay

im vulpone

« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »

is it possible to order one?
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2014, 02:29:42 AM »

I think he didn't return yet...?
Vulpone
Regular Guay

im vulpone

« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »

I think he didn't return yet...?

idk lol, he said he'd be gone for two weeks on August 10th. it's now October tho. don't want to sound pushy, just wondering if it's still an option otherwise I'd have to contact raphael or something.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #185 on: October 01, 2014, 01:54:36 PM »

I am very busy atm and I want to handle the orders chronologically. I contacted some already that I am working on them. I hope I can finish this week.

Thiefbug, I was working on one for you as well. I figured I would contact you when finished.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #186 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:32 PM »

yay, thanks again ^^
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2014, 09:49:36 AM »

Never mind, for some reason I can not post messages from certain browsers. I should have contacted everyone.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:51:26 AM by whyieyesya » Logged
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2014, 03:39:59 PM »

Never mind, for some reason I can not post messages from certain browsers. I should have contacted everyone.

I had this problem too...did someone change any settings for the forums? (I fixed it by just clearing cookies/cache but we'll see how long it lasts Kappa)

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2014, 01:31:37 AM »

tested it for a few hours now...
oh my god, it's amazing.
I can angle change pretty well, aiming is godlike now and the difference isn't too bad (backwalking, turning by 90 degree etc works just fine).
thanks so much ^_^
Vulpone
Regular Guay

im vulpone

« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2014, 08:06:19 AM »

Same here. Received mine yesterday morning. I have an N64 with japanese Mario and have a Wad on the Wii, and I've played on Emulator for a long time. Simply perfect. The aiming is precise and you can't tell the difference at all. I don't have N64 OoT but the Wii VC Version is now as good as the emulator one imho.

Very great. Thank you so much, whyieyesya!
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2014, 12:24:58 AM »

the adapter is awesome ^^ but I noticed a few minor flaws...
sometimes I plug it in and my inputs are not accepted... thats a little unfortunate cause I switch in runs.
when holding down-right in a certain position, link does not run at full speed for some reason :/
oh and he walks backleft slightly when backwalking...
other than that it really is amazing Cheesy
but I guess the last thing is a n64 problem rather xP
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2014, 08:14:56 PM »

the adapter is awesome ^^ but I noticed a few minor flaws...
sometimes I plug it in and my inputs are not accepted... thats a little unfortunate cause I switch in runs.
Do you plug in the adapter without the controller connected when this happens?

when holding down-right in a certain position, link does not run at full speed for some reason :/
I noticed this with one controller, just before I sent it to you. I tested it with more than five controllers this summer and did not notice it. Then I tested it with a controller that I have at my student's dorm and I noticed it as well. I figured I would just send it, because the chance it would happen with your controller seemed low. Also, I prefer to test things very thoroughly before I send them out. I guess it can be fixed by making the control stick more sensitive, but that would make the ESS region smaller.. So you see the dilemma I faced with this.

oh and he walks backleft slightly when backwalking...
other than that it really is amazing Cheesy
but I guess the last thing is a n64 problem rather xP
This also happens very easily with an N64 controller. It kind of depends on controller as well. Do you have the idea it happens when it is not supposed to happen, so when you hold your control stick as straight down as possible? For me most of the time I backwalk straight, but it really does not take much to have a slightly messed up backwalk.

I think I will take a look at some more advanced stuff. Such as only increasing the deadzone when the control stick is fully tilted. That should make the backwalking a lot better as well as shield turning. Perhaps I can make the ESS region a bit bigger, allthough that will also mess with aiming a bit, so that restricts how big I can make it, if feasible at all. I only do this for the GC version by the way.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2014, 08:28:33 PM »

okay, I tested a little.
I'm getting the mistake with the adapter not taking inputs and me having to replug more often...

the backwalking thing is a controller issue - works on a brandnew one to backwalk straight.

about the slowdown when walking down-right - I also get that with a brand-new controller :/
Fishaman P
Regular Guay

12 Year Old Grill

« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2015, 01:51:42 AM »

Necro hype!

I just received an N64-GC adapter from Why, and testing it on legit GC MQ, it feels incredible.
The control stick feels 1:1 to N64, as Runnerguy has stated. I'm very picky about my ESS since I love to HESS and unbuffered angle change, and it feels exactly like good old console Smiley

Either the adapter or MQ, however, feel like they add maybe a frame of input lag. I've done 2 tests for this.
1) Side-by-side N64 and MQ+adapter. I was able to switch the same controller between the systems and unbuffered DoT Skip with 100% consistency on both systems, back-to-back.
2) Melee, to see if I can detect more minute lag. Fox's Nair seems to come out on the same frame as a GC controller, maybe 1 frame later. So there might be slight input lag.

Overall: Even for someone picky about lag (like me), this adapter is perfectly fine. The stick feels 1:1 to N64 on MQ, haven't tried other mappings. Build quality is not a problem. C buttons are mapped entirely to C-Stick, so Melee jumping does not play like 64. Control stick range outside of Zelda is pitiful on every setting. Do not use as a general-use adapter.

Recommendation? If you're playing OoT or MM, BUY BUY BUY. If not, don't bother, get a Raphnet.

What dos RBA stand for?
Reverse Bel-Air.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: