ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:46:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo Power Zelda Games Ranking  (Read 16429 times)
MarcusSDA
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »

8. Adventure Of Link
7. The Legend Of Zelda
6. Four Swords Adventures
5. A Link To The Past (I don't have it anymore Sad.)
4. Majora's Mask (Last place of the 4 3D Zelda games because Ganondorf doesn't excist in it and Zelda appears once in the game. It was much different from the other 3D Zelda games but it was not as good as in the others. The game was still very good.)
3. Twilight Princess (Too easy but everything else in this game was done excellent.)
2. Ocarina Of Time (A little harder than TP and it was done a little better than TP.)
1. The Wind Waker ( This game has a very good story and many good story moments. I love the graphics and the music and they did so many funny things in it. Absolutely the best Zelda game. =)

Weapon: Bow
Hook: What is that?
Item: Hookshot
Princess: TWW
Boss: Ganondorf (TWW)
Overworld: OoT
Story Moment: Hard to tell
Tune: Credits (TWW)
Secret: Changes after beating TWW (Outset Clothes all the time, Aryll has skull dress all the time and you understand Hyrule language.)
Dungeon: Tower of the Gods
Enemy: Stalfos (OoT)
Supporting Character: Midna
Ganon: OoT

I have never played the others and I don't have ALTTP anymore because my dad sold his NES and SNES stuff.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 05:21:36 PM by MarcusSDA » Logged
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »

NP is full of casuals and MM is clearly a very hardcore game...

anyway, here's my ranks:

1/2. OoT/MM (i can't pick one of them and if i pick one i feel the other one is getting shafted)
3.TWW (i hate sailing but the game has some good moments)
4.TP (mostly because it can be broken and the dungeons are nice)
5/6. OaA/OoS (they are quite good and playing a linked game is unique)
7. LA (sorry, i played OoA/OoS first)
8. FSA (not much depth but very fun with 4 people)
(i never beat/haven't beaten the following games)
9. PH (no motivation to keep going)
10. ALttP (feels inferior to the GB games)
11. MC (same as with PH)
12. FS (only played it once but FSA was much better)

never played LoZ/AoL more than 5 mins.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Yuggles
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 03:04:20 PM »

Yeah, I've been raging at NP ever since I saw MM in 11th place. Probably not going to renew my subscription this year (that's not the only reason, but still)

5. Minish Cap
4. OoT
3. WW
2. TP
1. MM

I've played all except the OoS/OoA, but those are the only ones I beat and therefore are the only ones I actually like enough to rate. Handheld Zeldas are pretty crappy imo, I think Nintendo should just stick to 3D. OoT is so low because I got it in the collector's edition in 2003 so it was pretty outdated compared to the other ones, and I like MM a lot better. Also OoT is too long and starts to get boring once you reach the Fire Temple. TP and WW are interchangeable, better than OoT but neither come close to MM.

Weapon: Bow
Hook: Masks in MM
Item: Bombs
Princess: Don't care
Boss: Either Goht or Stallord
Overworld: TP
Story Moment: Saving Colin in TP
Tune: Overworld theme for the four areas outside of clock town (MM)
Dungeon: Snowhead
Enemy: Iron Knuckles
Supporting Character: Anju's Grandmother
Ganon: OoT
petrie911
Regular Guay

Everybody Loves Hypnotoad!

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 07:47:41 AM »

MM at number 11?  Really?  At least Link's Awakening got nicely high, though the Oracles are seriously underrated.

Anyways, mine

N/A: Four Swords Adventures (Never played it; can't rate)
13: Adventure of Link (it's just not really Zelda.  I mean, it's not a terrible game, but it's still the weakest)
12: Legend of Zelda (Good for its time, but it hasn't aged well tbh.)
11: Phantom Hourglass (I like PH, but it really has its flaws)
10: Minish Cap (really too short.  Considering Capcom made the Oracles, I'm kind of surprised by this)
9: Spirit Tracks (Train travel got a bit tedious, but there was some good stuff in this game)
8: Twilight Princess (So much potential to be good, but it kind of falls apart toward the end)
7: A Link to the Past (This is a really big step up from #8, mind you.  A solid game, and really the measuring stick to which all Zeldas should be compared.)
6: Wind Waker (yeah, I put this above ALttP.  It has its flaws, but it also brings something rare to the table: a good story.  Also one of the few Zeldas to really pull off its ending.)
5/4: Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages (I give the edge to Ages, but they're really close.  Both fine quality games that pulled off their gimmick well.)
3: Ocarina of Time (It's OoT, what more can I say?)
2: Link's Awakening (A well-presented story to go with classic Zelda action.  I actually can't think of any flaws right now; I'm even tempted to put this at number 1.)
1: Majora's Mask (What did you expect?  MM's got a very different feel to it.  In many ways, Termina feels like a more fleshed-out world than Hyrule ever has, as every character seems to have a backstory, and the locations have a real history to them.  It's just a wonderful game, and always keeps me coming back.)

Best...
Weapon: Fire Rod (always fun)
Hook: Rod of Seasons (This was really well-done)
Item: Magnetic Gloves!!
*Princess* Zelda: Spirit Tracks (She actually did something)
Boss: Majora's Wrath (ST and PH had some good ones, though)
Overworld: Majora's Mask
Story Moment: Kafei/Anju's wedding (LA and WW's endings were good, too)
Tune: Tal Tal Heights (kind of a hard one to call, really)
Secret: Second Quest (TLoZ) (no real comparison)
Dungeon: Forest Temple (OoT) (The Oracles had a bunch of neat ones, too)
Enemy: Iron Knuckles (always a challenge)
Supporting Character: Midna
Ganon: Wind Waker (WW:more than just your generic Ganon.  Plus the boss fight was easily the best Ganon fight yet.)

Hmm, I wrote a lot more than I expected.  Ah well.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: