ZSR Forums
June 23, 2024, 02:07:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PAL Ocarina of Time  (Read 7878 times)
TH3Mitch
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »

Hello, I watched the game differences of ocarina of time and I saw something that can't be right. I live in The Netherlands, so PAL region, and I saw that PAL is always version 1.2. But i'm 100% sure I had a cartridge with the alternate symbol of the mirror shield and blocks, ( i'm not sure I also had the fire temple chants ) because when I played the gamecube release it was the first thing I found odd when I got the mirror shield. Further notice is that it was a grey cartridge, also 100% sure about it because I had a gold Majora's Mask and that was my only different coloured cartridge.

I just wanted to point this out
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »

I have the PAL version too and the blocks have the moon and stars symbol on it and the fire temple music is not the same as the original.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 02:24:09 PM »

I have a PAL version from i think -98. Gold cartridge, moon/stars are there. But Ganons blood is green and I don't have any islamic chants.
Ergo: version 1.2

Is that what you meant by "fire temple music is not the same as the original"?

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »

There are PAL cartridge versions of the game WITHOUT the crescent moon symbol, or am I missing something?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 11:14:01 PM »

Well, the NTSC N64 carts all have the crescent moon symbol on the mirror shield iirc, it wasn't changed until gamecube (and later virtual console). It's probably the same with PAL.
Will0
Regular Guay

NEEDZ MOAR GORON MASK!!!!!!!11!!!!!1!

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »

PAL 1.2 does still have the crescent moon and star symbol. At this point, the main things that had been disputed and sorted was indeed Ganondorf spewing blood, hence turned to green, and the fire temple background music. It wasn't until the Gamecube versions i believe that the symbols had been changed as well. Also yes, PAL OoT does tend to be grey cartridge. Hope this helps.

<Elminster>: ok my grandma's out of the basement
<ingx24>: how does everyone not see how ridiculous it is for a faster run to beat a slower one
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 01:13:12 AM »

I only ask because the op basically said pretty much nothing new whatsoever, but in a more incoherent manner.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 04:25:47 AM »

speaking of version differences, why isn't the GC version labeled as version 1.3? the game has cosmetic changes and text edits and that's the extent of the changes between 1.1 and 1.2. i know the VC version is identical to version 1.2 but the GC one does have changes on itself that make it further from 1.2.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 10:23:27 PM »

speaking of version differences, why isn't the GC version labeled as version 1.3? the game has  changes and text edits and that's the extent of the changes between 1.1 and 1.2. i know the VC version is identical to version 1.2 but the GC one does have changes on itself that make it further from 1.2.

GCN, just like VC, is a direct port of the v1.2 N64 ROM. AFAIK the GCN version has some sort of externally-applied patch on the disc that changes the crescent moon symbol to the new symbol, the ROM itself wasn't altered. The button HUD was though.. I think...

EITHER WAY, it's just easy not to get too technically about. Go with the flow Tongue.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:25:05 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 11:51:14 PM »

some sort of externally-applied patch on the disc that changes the crescent moon symbol to the new symbol

Nope:

GCN is the only version with fixed Gerudo symbols hard-coded into the ROM. N64 didn't have them, and VC just patches them in there using a texture hack. This is the case in every region.

GCN, just like VC, is a direct port of the v1.2 N64 ROM

The ROM inside the OoT WAD has a build date that matches exactly with v1.2. The GCN ROM, however, has a build date a couple years after v1.2's.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:57:05 PM by darkeye14 » Logged

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: