ZSR Forums
May 05, 2024, 10:11:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Allowing RBA for 100%  (Read 24883 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
SlaskPrask
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: July 13, 2014, 09:04:38 AM »

So, we disscussed this in zas chat earlier today.

Allowing rba aslong as you still get the items "legit" (opens the chests, triggers the right cs, do cs/ww properly, step in warp)
This wouldn't affect the category hugely, but it seems kinda odd that in 100% you're not allowed to use a trick.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »

I think one option would be to reclassify 100% as No RBA so that ZFG can keep his 100% throne forever if we do this.

Historically it's been banned because of our SDA origins. Allowing RBA means that the ruleset becomes more complex, and it also introduces the question of "What counts as obtaining an item?", which made it easier to just ban then. Also, back then I feel like our understanding of RBA (and really the game as a whole) isn't quite what it is now, where we fully understand the consequences of RBA.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:19:40 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
SlaskPrask
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 09:15:27 AM »

well, he'll probably get the new wr fast anyways, it doesn't grandfather any runs so his time would still stand until he (someone else Kappa) beats it again