ZSR Forums
May 16, 2024, 06:48:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: petrie911's Big Topic of Hacks  (Read 27384 times)
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 11:57:42 PM »

Petrie I really love your hacking skills and this topic! It's so awesome! Keep up to good work! Grin

I also hack oot sometimes myself but I'm not that knowledgeable than you. I really like to see more OoT hacking and programs for it and other peoples hacks what we can play. This way oot will never die. I hope you will finish your oot hack soon so we all can play it. And I hope I finish my dungeon too someday....

Great job!!!!! Cool

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Acryte
Regular Guay

Zelda Scientist®

Acryte@hotmail.com Acry7e
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 11:01:20 PM »

This topic is awesome dude. I'll probably start messin around with some of this stuff one of these days when I get bored, looks like a lot of fun provided you are able to locate the addresses necessary to make things work. That Song of portals is amazing Smiley

Wisdom; Power; Courage.
petrie911
Regular Guay

Everybody Loves Hypnotoad!

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 11:15:10 PM »

Automatically inject files into the debug ROM

http://glitchkill.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=ootmod&thread=4957&page=1#46167

This program will inject any debug ROM file into the debug ROM in the proper location. Additionally, if the injected file is of a different size from normal, it will update the main file table to reflect the new size.  For zmaps that have changed size, it will update the corresponding scene file table as well.

To use it, place the debug ROM (named "ZELOOTMA.z64") and all files you want to inject into the same folder as this program. Run it, and it will inject every file into the ROM.

EDIT: As of the new version, the CRC is fixed automatically.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 03:06:26 PM by petrie911 » Logged
petrie911
Regular Guay

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 03:09:24 PM »

Ocarina of Time Song Creator

While I have a tutorial above detailing how to create a song, some of you may find it a bit too dense to follow.  Well, now I've turned that tutorial into a lovely program that will let you input the notes of your song, and it will convert it into a custom ocarina song, MIDI and all.

http://glitchkill.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=tuts2&thread=4850&page=1#46166
Gragledump
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 05:07:42 AM »

This is legit as fuck, I may start messing around with this. I'm guessing the mechanics are similar for MM?
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »

I love your work petrie!! Keep up to great work! I've been always wanted to have good OoT editor around. Uot is great but still lack of many things and sometimes it's really hard to use. I hope it will get updated too someday!

I really appreciate your work petrie! You are such a genius with this stuff! I hope you will continue your hard work! And I hope for this stuff will make more peoples to make more oot hacks. I really wanna see much more oot hacking in future and maybe it is oot future Cheesy

Petrie!! You are my hero!!! Thank you for all great stuff what you have done!!! ^_^
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:50:36 PM by Kazooie » Logged

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Zarcanzo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 05:14:24 AM »

Not to revive a topic that hasn't been posted in for 6 months, but while lurking on your youtube channel, Petrie, I saw a video showing hotswapping of equipped boots as an ASM hack. If you wouldn't mind digging up that code and either doing a tutorial or some such thing to make that information accessible, many thanks would be had.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:48:07 AM by Zarcanzo » Logged
zeldazoneman
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 11:44:22 AM »

would you mind making a video on hot to do this?
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 07:29:31 AM »

There should be a way to make custom bottle items, I remember seeing a video of someone releasing Ingo in Hyrule Field but I can't find it. It should come in handy to know this stuff too, for its use to be finite compared to custom songs where its use is infinite.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 06:15:53 PM »

A little on the Lifting Door.
Door actors are special in that they are typically set via the transition actor command (0x0E). Actor initialization variables are stored differently, so I'm not sure how this is translated to an 0x01 command.

What transition actors do is they set what maps they load based on what door you open them from first, then follow with actor number and all that. X and Z rotation is dropped to make room for map numbers.

Anyway...

If yy = 04 (by your notation), then the door will be bound to a clear trigger. The door binds itself to the clear trigger of the map that will be loaded on the "front" side of the door. The switch flag portion is ignored, and is typically set to 3F

If yy = 0C, then the door cannot be interacted with on the back side. It's used in the Spirit Temple Boss room to avoid playing the locked door cutscene when entering the Twinrova Chamber.

If yy = 1C, then the door will be bound to a switch flag on the front side, and clear trigger on the back side.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:07:39 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 07:19:35 PM »

Will this full hack ever be finished?  If so, when will it be finished by?
petrie911
Regular Guay

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 07:27:14 PM »

I'd like to think it will be finished.  That said, I make no guarantees on when.  There's still a lot left to do, and I only have so much spare time.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 01:35:32 AM »

It turns out that enemies can trigger switch flags too. XX is where the switch flag is stored, ?? is the other digits of the variable

0113 Iron Knuckle XX??
01AF Wolfos, XX??

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:38:44 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: