ZSR Forums
May 16, 2024, 04:51:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Deku-Ganon warp (Video)  (Read 4973 times)
FallingFist
Deku Scrub

« on: September 05, 2013, 02:31:48 PM »

Hey there!

I'm kind of new to speedrunning Oot, but I really like it so far. I've gotten almost the entire any% route down, but the single thing I need help with is the Ganondoor warp.

So essentially, I'm asking for any advice possible. I'd like to keep my current method, and I need to know what I'm doing wrong. I've gotten the trick about 3 times of 130.

Please, take a look at the video, and tell me what's wrong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdiaxI3gaQY

As Beedle would say: THANK YOU! /Falling
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 06:38:23 PM »

Don't sidehop onto the ramp on the floor. If I remember this setup correctly, you want to sidehop left twice BEFORE you reach the ramp, but not onto the ramp or it screws up the timing. Also, you MIGHT be throwing the nut slightly early. I believe this setup has a 5-frame window with different adjustments for each frame. You might be one frame early, but I can't really tell.
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 06:43:25 PM »

Your second sidehop is too late. After you throw the deku nut, you want to go -move a little->sidehop->move a little->sidehop and it all needs to happen before reaching the hump. Also don't let the camera pan out when you're at the door.
Don't sidehop onto the ramp on the floor. If I remember this setup correctly, you want to sidehop left twice BEFORE you reach the ramp, but not onto the ramp or it screws up the timing. Also, you MIGHT be throwing the nut slightly early. I believe this setup has a 5-frame window with different adjustments for each frame. You might be one frame early, but I can't really tell.
It is a 4 frame window with the same adjustment each time, though I think there might be an adjustment for a 5th frame but I don't know it. As long as link's back slides against the back wall while going over the hump, it should be within the 4 frame window.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »

It is a 4 frame window with the same adjustment each time, though I think there might be an adjustment for a 5th frame but I don't know it. As long as link's back slides against the back wall while going over the hump, it should be within the 4 frame window.

Okay, maybe I was thinking of a different setup, or an outdated version of this setup that had different adjustments. I don't use this setup anymore, so my memory was bad.
FallingFist
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 08:35:42 PM »

Allright, thanks for all your advice, I'll try to throw the deku nut slightly later, and sidejump before the hump. If there's anything else you notice, please do tell me.

Oh, and also, I was told not to let the camera pan out while opening the door, how would I prevent that from happening?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:41:06 PM by FallingFist » Logged
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 09:21:19 PM »

Your nut throws were fine. You can avoid the camera pan out by just opening it immediately after letting go of z, or by holding up right enough to where he turns and you can open it without letting go of z.
FallingFist
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 05:31:18 PM »

Allright, thanks! Still no luck though, gotta practice even more I guess.

Edit, none of the methods forementioned of not letting the camera pan work. I don't fully understand why.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 07:06:19 PM by FallingFist » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 07:17:43 PM »

Allright, thanks! Still no luck though, gotta practice even more I guess.

Edit, none of the methods forementioned of not letting the camera pan work. I don't fully understand why.

The camera will pan no matter what. But if you hold target when you open the door, you can ensure the blue warp will load for the correct number of frames.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: