ZSR Forums
May 19, 2024, 04:37:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1229955 times)
Rocmox
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #690 on: July 25, 2011, 02:32:05 AM »

Has anyone tried doing zombie hover indoors via this trick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ugmkEh4ww
and then checked if its possible to zone to other places? Was thinking they might have joined all the fairy fountains like they did in MM so it might be possible to travel to different locations. Don't have a save file with bombs and able to check atm so gotta play through for a bit and try it out.
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #691 on: July 25, 2011, 07:39:32 AM »

I don't think TWW was designed the same way as MM. I don't think you can pull your sword out indoors either. Well not in the majority of houses iirc.

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Rocmox
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #692 on: July 25, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »

They are different games, but if its possible its worth a try imo. And yeah the majority of houses you can't pull your sword out, but there are some that do allow you, such as the auction house in windfall.
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #693 on: October 31, 2011, 10:51:51 PM »

BTW If it was possible to talk to the Eskimo guy after the auction he says something that Tingle normally says. You cannot talk to him, because he stands on the plattform.

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #694 on: November 01, 2011, 03:33:11 PM »

Can probably bomb boost up.

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #695 on: November 01, 2011, 03:48:15 PM »

it's very unlikely that it's possible to access areas sharing the same map. for instance, in temples, all rooms besides the boss room and the mini-boss room are on the same 'map', however we have proved using forest water and unloading doors that other unloaded rooms are not solid and contain no loading zones.
bloodisblue
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #696 on: November 25, 2011, 03:45:39 AM »

For fun I decided to TAS to getting the clothes today and found out something really interesting on accident. When using the water super swim at a certain angle I managed to to get onto land and continue with the speed I had in the water. I was also able to walk through the small cuttable trees on the way to the grandmothers house while going at this speed. I don't have a video (Dolphin is being weird). I don't really know this game well enough to know if this could be used anywhere but it seems pretty helpful.

How To:
Gain a lot of speed in the water. Then head towards land a little further away then you want to actually hit land on. Then sharply turn into the land at around a 45 degree angle and you should be able to start super speed back walking on land.
Static
Deku Scrub

« Reply #697 on: November 25, 2011, 07:05:56 PM »

I wonder if by keeping the speed on land and going back into the water you could accumulate speed to travel further distances and whatnot. First thing that comes to mind that would prevent this is the diving animation. Not sure how that would affect it.

I'm giving you three guesses...
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/RandomPersonOnEarth
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #698 on: November 26, 2011, 10:50:33 AM »

Maintaining your speed on land is normal. Going in and out of the water is an option, but in a TAS it's more realistic that the runner would find a spot where the drowning gauge resets without actually leaving the water.

brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #699 on: December 07, 2011, 02:45:25 AM »

Just had a few hours interesting (failure) experience in Wind Waker. Was my first time messing around with zombie hovering, and decided to mess around with the dead end when you do the text skip for the gossip stone when you first get launched into Forsaken Fortress. I know it ends up in a dead end with the Darknut in Tower of the Gods.

After doing the text skip, I went to do something and had my boyfriend play through as much as the game as he could before I got back. While I was gone however, I had a thought to try zombie hovering to get early bombs. Unfortunately, Josh had reached Dragon Roost and was about to go into the cavern. I thought this might lead to interesting things, because he had gotten the wind waker.

So we began the zombie hovering. Turbo controller, no way I was doing it manual. We hovered from Dragon Roost to Windfall and saved. Then, went from Windfall to Greatfish. This took about an hour and a half of hovering, that time table of "half an hour" is a bit inaccurate from the website, lol.

Hit the cutscene, and did not die/warp to windfall. Mainly because I was stupid and hit save/continue without thinking. So now we're stuck on Greatfish, having to grind off of 1 rupee rocks and pots until we get 140 rupees to hover back to dragon roost. Because if you try and drown, the game softlocks with you in the boat--it's quite interesting actually. I don't have a means to record right now, but I do have a few crappy phone videos. Nothing worth showing though really, the boat says that "we're not meant to go in this direction" sort of crap, turns and sails through greatfish, and it's softlocked on that screen forever, only seeing hearts and rupees on the screen. The boat does not let you get on it normally, due to it still having the "dragon roost" setting on it.

Anyway, I thought I would share this thrilling story of failure and adventure with everyone. XD

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #700 on: December 07, 2011, 03:46:32 AM »

Yeah that is a shitty situation since you got the windwaker, there's no real way to get out of that D:

And that estimate for the zombie hover is pretty much a guesstimate, it is around 30 mins though (with my turbo)

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #701 on: December 07, 2011, 05:05:04 AM »

Yeah that is a shitty situation since you got the windwaker, there's no real way to get out of that D:

And that estimate for the zombie hover is pretty much a guesstimate, it is around 30 mins though (with my turbo)

It was fun messing around, and next time I'll go straight from windfall! Smiley

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #702 on: December 07, 2011, 06:04:47 AM »

As long as the boat doesn't get stuck on an island when it's sailing back, you'll eventually exit the area where it doesn't allow you to go yet and you'll regain control.
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #703 on: December 07, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »

Really? I left it on that screen for a long time, and also tried to drown in different places to see if it made a difference. The camera locks up staring at greatfish, and I don't think he's sailing in a direction towards Dragon Roost or windfall. Have you gotten out of the lock yourself? If so, how did it work?

EDIT:

Instead of making a new post, I'll just put this here.

I was messing around with barrier stuff, not with much hope of course, because it's been all tried before. But I did have an interesting thing happen. I had Tetra with me, and was getting as close as I could to the barrier without touching it, and seeing if talking to her would push me through. It kinda worked, too. I was able to get past the barrier, but not the invisible wall behind it, which is what I assume we're all trying to get past. I grabbed a picture of it:

Also did some zombie hovering to no avail. I'm not that skilled enough to get on the railing, so I couldn't try wind waker diving.

EDIT again: I just found out this has been known already, but I think it's interesting anyway.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 07:06:17 PM by brynnagiadrosich » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #704 on: December 16, 2011, 09:24:22 PM »

Not the first to think of this I'm sure but I'll put it in here. Would it be possible to Zombie Hover to the top of ToG, to skip it? Klyde had a video of him going OoB of the ToG roof and the sea was interactive, making me believe that The Great Sea and the roof of the ToG are connected

I haven't looked around enough to know if this has been found/thought of yet though =p

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: