ZSR Forums
May 15, 2024, 06:00:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottle on B help  (Read 4901 times)
Kalveo
Deku Scrub

« on: June 29, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »

Hi,
I have just been starting with speed running and I've been doing Ganonless. I have however had a bit of trouble with getting the deku stick on my B-button. I am using the method of never equipping or using my sword and going to lon lon ranch. However it only seems to work 1/3 of the time. What happens is that when I first go to lon lon ranch I can clear the B-button by exiting the horse riding while on a horse. I then go to kakariko and get the egg and kill myself to change the B button from 255 to 0. But when I resume play after death I still have the sword on B, when it should be blank. I have no idea why it happens, and I don't think I do any difference when I succeed and fail. I am playing on GC.

Does anyone know why this happens?
Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 05:58:54 PM »

You need to make sure that on the way from Lon Lon to Kakariko, you get in the water, but on the way back you don't get in water. You should always get the stick on B in this case.

Getting in the water dims your B button, which is why that is significant (it does something to the values idk).

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
Kalveo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 06:02:55 PM »

I knew I had to avoid the water kakariko--> lon lon ranch, but I did not know I had to do that when first visiting kakariko! Thank you very much, I will try this on my next run!

Now that I think about it, on the last run I accidently backwalked into the stream, which might be why it worked that time...
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:16:59 PM »

To explain in depth:

1. Mount horse
- B-button value is now 255 (blank)
- Temp-B value is now 60 (Master Sword)

2. Leave minigame while on horse
- due to an oddity with the Sword Flag, B-button is still 255 (blank)
- Temp-B is still 60 (MS)

3. Enter water
- B-button is still 255 (blank)
- Temp-B is 255 (blank)
- B-button is dimmed because Temp B is 255

4. Die
- Temp-B is restored to B-button, so it is 255 again
- Temp-B is now 0 (stick)
- B-button is no longer dimmed

5. Enter horse minigame
- due to an oddity with the horse minigame, Temp-B is restored if you enter with blank
- B-button is now 0 (stick)
- Temp-B is still 0 (stick)

If you enter water in between steps 4 and 5, Temp-B changes from 0 to 255. This means when you enter the minigame, it tries to restore Temp-B, but Temp-B is blank anyway so nothing happens.

If you don't enter water in between steps 2 and 4, Temp-B is still 60 (Master Sword), so that gets restored when you die instead.

Ultimately the goal is to have a blank B-button, but with the Temp-B value at 0. This gives you stick when you enter the minigame.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:25:16 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
Sniping117
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 11:54:43 PM »

As a beginner I would suggest from going from Kakariko to LonLon to use the bridge.
Zargaroc
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »

why not using quick draw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZPJ2cmpUU4
quo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 04:31:01 PM »

At the time this wasn't known
Zargaroc
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 04:32:32 PM »