ZSR Forums
May 05, 2024, 11:19:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 440226 times)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »

Cfox's new OI method can be found here. It works in MM too apparently, although I haven't tried yet.
I'd like to know if it's possible for Fierce Deity to do this. If so, it would be the legitimate way to save the game with that form. Not that it's useful or anything.
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2012, 09:04:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure that OoT cutscene ww is based on the same thing RBA is: the way the game stores information. If that's the case, then ww will not work in MM. Unless it's like MM RBA and it only works via the Curiosity Shop.

Or maybe the lottery. Wink That would be interesting.

For this same reason, getting B-bottle would do nothing. MM doesn't store data in the same way as OoT, so RBA that way doesn't work.
i know what they are talking about. what are YOU talking about.

Y O U

O M G

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2012, 09:37:47 PM »

I'm trying to say that I don't think it's possible because of the differences in programming between the two games. I really don't see what's so hard to understand. I'm sorry that I confused you.

Also, Jeville, Fierce Deity Can't use bombs, so that wouldn't work.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »

Also, Jeville, Fierce Deity Can't use bombs, so that wouldn't work.
Normal Link can place it for FD to pick up.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2012, 09:48:47 PM »

That... might just work! Oh my Glob, that's an algebraic idea, go try that!

(sorry, I've been watching a lot of Adventure Time recently Undecided)

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2012, 10:05:21 PM »

And I forgot that there are bomb flowers in Woodfall boss room, so there's that too. I'm having no success with this shit.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2012, 10:43:02 PM »

And I forgot that there are bomb flowers in Woodfall boss room, so there's that too. I'm having no success with this shit.
I've already checked all this stuff with frame advance, chus and bombflowers don't work, you can't do OI with deku or goron (and I can't remember for sure but I don't think zora either)

Also, for those of you who haven't seen this yet, sva found another Japanese version difference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_beodD1RdTI
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #337 on: May 12, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »

I know that Bottle B wouldn't be like RBA in OoT. What I'm trying to say is it would be kind of cool to be able to do the glitch in MM.

Also, if Bottle B is possible in this game, this is something I am wondering about, based on Majora's HSW RBA: What would happen if we put Hot Spring Water in a B Bottle?

Of course, if we can't get B Button Bottle, this won't be possible. I think it could have some interesting effects, perhaps much different than known to occur with HSW RBA.

SOLD OUT
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2012, 10:56:58 PM »

I know that Bottle B wouldn't be like RBA in OoT. What I'm trying to say is it would be kind of cool to be able to do the glitch in MM.

Also, if Bottle B is possible in this game, this is something I am wondering about, based on Majora's HSW RBA: What would happen if we put Hot Spring Water in a B Bottle?

Of course, if we can't get B Button Bottle, this won't be possible. I think it could have some interesting effects, perhaps much different than known to occur with HSW RBA.
Catching something in your B bottle replaces your ocarina with that item. That's all it's ever been observed to do.
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #339 on: May 13, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »

Odd. The reason why I wondered is that Hot Spring Water sets a timer when you catch it, and it determines where it puts the timer based on what item slot the bottle is in, which is why Hot Spring Water RBA works. The sword's slot has not been tested yet. If that slot is somehow overwritten with a bottle, an extreme example of the sword becoming a bottle, what would that do?

Obviously that part is far fetched, but that is sort of my idea. What effects are caused by the B Button HSW timer? I'm interested in MM RBA style effects, not OoT RBA style inventory modifying effects.

There could be more to it than just the link between the Ocarina and the B Button.

SOLD OUT
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #340 on: May 13, 2012, 11:27:48 PM »

The closest we have to having a bottle on B is as Zora Link that contains a beta item. It can be sold at the Curiosity Shop to empty it, but since it's not on a C button, it's not possible. The only character in the game that contains OoT's old trading method as far as I know (as in, without needing to be prompted with a text box to show the item) is the Deku Scrub requesting a Moon's Tear, and he don't want it.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #341 on: May 14, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »

http://youtu.be/tToWRLvbMH4

Uhh, Just thought I'd post this incase anyone has any ideas with it
So uh, going back to this Deku Scrub sword thing. I don't know if you were testing with this much, but the deku sword is as strong as the Great Fairy's Sword no matter what sword it's supposed to be (tested strength on Captain Keeta & Iron Knuckle). Isn't this enough reason to not trash the Deku Mask into a bottle and to consider a different mask for that? It's unfortunate that the Deku freezes on recoil, I imagine it must be near impossible to do the pirate fight on console in real-time for example. Something to consider for TAS to avoid sword recoil.

What cancels the deku sword:

* Returning from owl save or a reset.

* A full flower launch. A weak launch doesn't cancel it. A full launch won't cancel it if the Deku Nut slot is empty (or dupe a bottle over it).

The bird won't steal sword/bottle until you have the bow, so without a legitimate bottle in hand, the sword should be guaranteed to get stolen (?).

Razor Sword on 1st Day lol. You will still keep it after a reset.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:22:53 PM by Jeville » Logged
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #342 on: May 19, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPVvniLFaJA&feature=youtu.be

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
stonenot
Regular Guay

« Reply #343 on: May 20, 2012, 04:04:31 AM »

if you're on VC you can place two bombs (at the same time) sort of close to you to cause even more lag. it has been working for me every time

<poptart1234> i cant convert a .fm2 to .zip
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #344 on: May 20, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »

Possible new goht strat?
Only difference with this one and SVA's strat is the lack of sidehopping, idk if this can be easily replicated though.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: