ZSR Forums
May 05, 2024, 11:30:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 440227 times)
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »

On another note, One thing that can get through OoB water (thinking about woodfall temple early now) is hookshot dive during zora hover. the only way i've been able to get in the water is with the hookshot dive so I don't know if it's the dive state or the hover state that's doing it. doubt there would be any way to reproduce this in woodfall?
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2011, 08:04:32 PM »

zora hover without a like like would be neat (and zora hover already works underwater just fyi)

the fact that this works here (and someone got a similar glitch with Gekko in GBT) leads me to think zora hover works a bit different than i originally thought

but what these all have in common is getting "grabbed" by an enemy, or more specifically, in the state of where the struggling animation occurs

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2011, 10:04:43 AM »

from your video, I think what we get inside those woodfall plants is zora hover. after trying the "press A+B on the last few frames" thing, I've been having many more chances to use ocarina and move during it. but it still spits you out. a way to stop this would be great if anyone has any ideas?
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2011, 11:36:39 AM »

I just found out how to give a strange effect in those Dexihands. you need to drown as young link while in one's grasp. when you recover from a fairy, you can change masks to zora until you get thrown out. and if you kill the hand then as zora, you get stuck in shielding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47WjmTZkjeU

I also tried to use the H&D timer to drown as zora but it didn't seem to work. I got out of H&D using the warp cheat though, so I guess it only works with that strange deku ocarina B thing?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:12:13 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #274 on: October 29, 2011, 06:23:18 PM »

I also tried to use the H&D timer to drown as zora but it didn't seem to work. I got out of H&D using the warp cheat though, so I guess it only works with that strange deku ocarina B thing?
You can use the timer from doing this to drown as Zora.

Edit: Just tested it. It could not drown Zora Link, only human. Lips sealed
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:24:24 PM by Jeville » Logged
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2011, 10:11:36 PM »

I found this way to fight Gyorg's first phase the other day. I have no idea if it's new or not, but I've never heard of it nor seen a video of it, so I uploaded one myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3WA4ey10LU

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »

Is Gyorg still chasing you after releasing the small fishes?

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2011, 08:16:57 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-2_dbvlHG0

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #278 on: December 19, 2011, 12:36:57 AM »

I have seen this too many times :}

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #279 on: December 21, 2011, 12:18:11 AM »

Milk Bar Hover Stratagy: When Chu hovering into the loading zone, if you're close enough to the wall, you can L/Z Target the Latte Sign. There it's easier to gauge your sidehop stops and it shows where the loading zone is, which is helpful. It also puts Link into a hemi-circle side hop

Probably not new but let me know

DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2011, 01:57:41 AM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_W7CB3kpgk

How many people know about this? I would assume that you would have to wait for the moon to fall or reset to get out of this.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is in one of the Japanese Versions, so it won't work in other versions.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:10:14 AM by DekuScrub » Logged

SOLD OUT
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »

on the american version the hole is there, but it has a bottom. You can climb out with zora link

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #282 on: December 28, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »

Setup for Red Rupee Chest in North Clock Town with Hookshot (Enter South from East):
- Roll foward 4-6 times without movement
- Diagonal turn toward the chest (southwest), the more times you roll the easier the target

Also Setup video for early back room at the laundry pool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG_3SjFYQXk&feature=channel_video_title
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:06:08 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2012, 08:45:59 AM »

Messing with Majora's Mask's save file format, and I discovered something incredibly interesting. Apparently, there seems to be a way to change and preserve the position that you start a new cycle at. I doubt this will be exploitable legitimately, but I haven't looked into it much.

Edit: I figured it out. Basically, at the first line of the game file format, there's a value that stores which owl statue you've saved at. If it's anything but some default value (55?) you end up starting a game at an owl statue rather than at Clock Town, preserving the game time and perhaps other things I haven't figured out. If it's some invalid value, I'm not sure where you end up.

More experimentation is needed.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:59:13 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »

Messing with Majora's Mask's save file format, and I discovered something incredibly interesting. Apparently, there seems to be a way to change and preserve the position that you start a new cycle at. I doubt this will be exploitable legitimately, but I haven't looked into it much.

Edit: I figured it out. Basically, at the first line of the game file format, there's a value that stores which owl statue you've saved at. If it's anything but some default value (55?) you end up starting a game at an owl statue rather than at Clock Town, preserving the game time and perhaps other things I haven't figured out. If it's some invalid value, I'm not sure where you end up.

More experimentation is needed.
Mayors Office =) like Hidden Owl

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: