ZSR Forums
May 16, 2024, 02:41:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ANSWERED: Help on adult only kid dungeon run  (Read 5387 times)
KageSennin
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: November 27, 2011, 07:16:04 AM »

Hey guys, can someone help me prepare for an adult-only kid dungeon run? I've tried a couple of times, and I honestly need some help...
Dodongo's cavern is supet-easy, but usually i get stuck in the deku tree because I need din's fire but I tried going back in time and it turned out I needed to beat the forest temple first, but I did not have any gauntlet upgrades so I could not beat the forest temple...FML.  if someone (...runnerguy >_>) could make a list of requirements to do a full all-3-child-dungeons-as-adult-run that would be an incredible help and save me the time of looking up each individual trick and tracing backwards...
NOTE: I don't really have my heart set on beating jabu as adult cus the entrance method is freaking ridiculous..., but I'd enjoy a little bit of guidance through this.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:15:51 PM by KageSennin » Logged
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 03:10:34 PM »

you don't need din's fire just get the bow from the forest temple, but in order to do that you will need the hover boots or great bomb hovering skills

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/routes/medallions-stones-trials-

go there that will tell you what is needed to be done to get the bow and what to do in the deku tree, and as for doing jabu... well you have fun with that Tongue

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »

For DC just having strength (bracelet or higher) or chus will be enough. For Deku you need a way to get in (most use hover boots), a way to burn the web (din's fire or the bow), hylian shield for the scrubs (or hammer if you're crazy), and deku nuts for Gohma. For Jabu you need to BA the boomerang (so beating forest and having the DoT open would be ideal; RBA the SoT to open the DoT), and using hammer crouch stabs with no attack stored will damage him (I think you can throw pots at him instead though). Obviously getting into Jabu is the hardest part, but you need to make sure you're ready to finish once you're inside (with boomerang on B you can't save and quit, and casting FW is no good because BAing boomerang will destroy the warp point).

Beating forest is possible with only the hookshot if you BK skip (which is pretty easy). RBAing the SoT for boomerang BA just requires a bottle and odd potion (and a way to get to the fishing pond). Hover boots from Shadow are really easy if you can get into Shadow. Any of the methods for Shadow early will be fine.
KageSennin
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »

Awesome, thanks a ton Maxx.  Now I know exactly what tricks I need to learn (most important being the Forest Temple BK skip).
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 02:54:53 AM »

DoT Skip, RBA, BA, Jabu as adult, Deku as adult, ISG, Hovering (I'm assuming you'll be using hoverboots because they make it easier), Hoverboost/Hoverslide, and Forest BK Skip (as you stated). I can't think of any others to be honest. It's not as easy as it sounds. Dodongo's Cavern and Deku are ezpz. Also, you don't NEED nuts for Gohma. They just help. A Lot. If you want, you could wait for her to go on the roof. And use bow. But why use bow eh? Hookshot/Longshot work as well. Din's Fire too. Also Boomerang. But for those items she HAS to be on the roof.

Can't think of much else. But Hammer would help, with 'nade. So I recommend getting it.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:10:29 AM »

Don't we not need the bow/dins anymore since the "bk" skip was found? (although I would by know means recommend KS try it, bow/dins is much easier)

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 03:39:10 AM »

Don't we not need the bow/dins anymore since the "bk" skip was found? (although I would by know means recommend KS try it, bow/dins is much easier)

You're right. You could also do the superslide teleport if you don't have strength, but I figured Din's / Bow would be the simplest ways.
Paladrima
Deku Scrub

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »

Bow/Dins aren't required for Deku Tree at all, since the Megasidehop with clip through the second web works for Adult Link too.

Especially since i don't see a use for either of these outside of Deku Tree, "wasting" the time by climbing up and jumping on the first web should still be way faster than getting one of these two.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: