ZSR Forums
May 17, 2024, 01:09:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New user + non-BA run  (Read 6486 times)
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« on: April 29, 2011, 10:58:15 PM »

Hello everyone at ZSR!

I picked up OoT for the first time in a couple of years about 4 months ago when I got it on VC. I came across some speedruns and glitches and here I am after finishing the über challenge. I've also begun having a lot of fun with the various glitches trying to play the game backwards and playing adult temples as child and vice versa.

The thing is that I'd probably would like to do a run of some kind sometime in the future, but I don't like the whole Bottle Adventure bit with the new speedruns. Therefore I ask if it would be interesting for you to try and evolve and beat Speedrunnerguys old non-BA run?

Also, which are the "preferred" version? I got access to all three (I could probably loan a GC one) although Link can barely run at all on my old N64 because of the controller...

Looking forward to having some more fun with this game Smiley.

PS: While I'm at it: Is there a way to cancel a dive mid air?

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:37:33 PM »

All 3 versions have their own advantages and disadvantages which make them mostly equal, so most people choose based on controller preference.  If you have a bad N64 controller than its probably best to go with VC or GC versions (in this case, VC would be a little better because GC takes slightly longer to pause, but if its the only one you have access to that's fine).

As for no RBA runs, there's 3 main no RBA types: 2 dungeon which is dot skip, beat shadow and spirit, 5 dungeon which is no dot skip, must beat child dungeons + shadow and spirit(this is runnerguys old run you mentioned), and all dungeons/MST, which as it sounds like, means all dungeons and cannot skip ganons castles trials.

The original 5 dungeon would probably be best for a beginner like you as it doesn't have too many hard tricks, though if you feel confident at tricks like bombchus from bottom of the well and DoT skip, then you might want to try 2 dungeon.  MST is a bit harder because obviously it has the most to do, and doing fire and water temple (the 2 dungeons exclusive to this category) fast is a bit harder than other dungeons, however, its probably the fastest skill building category because it should give you practice with tons of tricks throughout the game.

As for a way to concel a dive: unfortunately no.  It would be a great trick for gerudo bridge though.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 10:54:35 AM »

7I think you misunderstood. It's the VC-version I have access to right now.

I know there are 2 types of non-BA/RBA runs to be made, but since I havn't seen any hosted neither here or on SDA I was wondering if it wasn't an accepted category.

And for the dive, I've been trying to make up an easy way to jump the gerudo bridge because the ISG hookshot doesn't work for me. Lnk gets stuck in Z-mode and can't turn when I'm on the pole for some reason...

Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »

If you have the VC version then you should stick to that.

The only non RBA run accepted at SDA is MST, however we do plan on hosting 2 and 5 dungeon runs here on ZSR.  I'm currently working on an MST run and doing some 2 dungeon no RBA on the side.

Here's a tip for if you get stuck on the pole: Press Z and R and try to roll.  Then try to hold the control stick slightly down left, but make sure the A button still says attack and not jump.  Press a to try to roll and you should roll sideways.  Right when the sideroll is about to end, try holding down right all the way and press A to do a sideflip, which should get you back on the bridge.  Unfortunately for now that's the easiest way to get across the bridge without epona or longshot.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 08:33:39 PM »

I have trouble with ISG bridge skip too. Is there any way to not get stuck?

I'm gay
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 10:10:11 PM »

Just wanted to say I would be interested in seeing non-RBA runs, segmented or RTA or single segment, 2 dungeon or no DoT skip. Doesn't really matter, any run is cool to me. My segmented run can definitely be beat with new tricks and strats, and simply some better gameplay too. Would be interested to see how much time could be improved off it.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »

Who the hell is Speedrunnerguy?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 09:28:18 PM »

Apparently the evolution of Runnerguy2489. I think you need to give him a Bomb-Hover-To-The-Moon Stone.

Also no-RBA makes much more sense than 5 dungeon...DoT skip and Shadow early are both standard tricks (as opposed to memory corruption) and allowing one while not the other is a bit strange. If you couldn't tell, I personally would much rather see a no-RBA than a 5 dungeon run.

If you want to do a segmented run, another run that would be cool is MST segged. If you are interested in this, I can go ahead and write the new route (probably w/ ZFG) for you. Unlike 2/5 dungoen, MST segmented would be allowed on SDA (and ZSR).

ded
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 06:26:22 AM »

mzxrulez: I meant Runnerguy2489, I just left out the numbers 'cause I don't remember them in my head. But I mistakingly put "speed" in there. I'm truly sorry  Wink.

In any case, I appreciate the offer of having the run written for me, but I think it would be fun to try it on my own first and then ask for your opinions. (Since I'm fairly new to this and google isn't my friend, what is a MST-run?)

But I probably won't have any time to focus on it for a month or two anyways because of my studies...

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 06:49:01 PM »

i also want to see a no-RBA run (2 dungeons)

5 dungeons seems too arbitrary. we should have no child dungeons/all adult dungeons if that category is valid.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »

mzxrulez: I meant Runnerguy2489, I just left out the numbers 'cause I don't remember them in my head. But I mistakingly put "speed" in there. I'm truly sorry  Wink.

In any case, I appreciate the offer of having the run written for me, but I think it would be fun to try it on my own first and then ask for your opinions. (Since I'm fairly new to this and google isn't my friend, what is a MST-run?)

But I probably won't have any time to focus on it for a month or two anyways because of my studies...

It is Medallions Stones Trials. Or all dungeons with no trials skip.

I'm gay
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: