ZSR Forums
May 16, 2024, 07:11:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Impromptu rebirth  (Read 3875 times)
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« on: August 05, 2011, 05:47:43 PM »

I have thought of a goal for an impromptu. I am wanting to do it differently though. The idea is that I put out a VC save either after the countdown or a few minutes before (some people have slow internet and will lose time on download). I have a goal in the impromptu style (you .done on text with a character saying your name), but I think the beginning of it is sort of a puzzle. This is not the same goal I talked about with a few people from the zelda IRC, this is something completely original. Time to talk about something that people don't want to... I'd really like the race to be on SRL but in order for that to happen I would need somebody who will not participate (RingRush comes to mind) to give the picture of the goal to the race channel. If the people of SRL do not want that to happen then I can get the race on a different channel, there will just be a lot less people. The people of SRL can still race but I'd have to give the channel in #zelda and some people may miss it. There will also be no SRL rankings involved and the results won't be stored on the site :<.

On a lighter note.. if people want to join what date would you guys want? I have school starting on Monday and will have to wait until next weekend. So next Saturday or Sunday???

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:55:49 AM »

Argh I since nobody replied I played through it and streamed the whole thing. This particular goal is WAY too hard to be raced. It took me about 5 hours to do it and I knew what I was doing. I had to hover into the Deku Tree using an Octorok.. nuff said. I do have a lot of plans for impromptu but I can't do anything about them until somebody responds on if they are interested in this concept and if SRL will host the races.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 05:29:12 AM »

If you're doing that, I suggest making 3 files on the VC save, release the saves just before the race, then announce the filename.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »

If you're doing that, I suggest making 3 files on the VC save, release the saves just before the race, then announce the filename.

I was planning on giving out the save file like 10 minutes before the race and I considered the file thing but it will be like a month before I can host another one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: