ZSR Forums
May 16, 2024, 04:41:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Makin' a save editor for ALL VC games  (Read 23552 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 08:09:55 AM »

Bumped because this shit is still being worked on.

I still haven't figured out how the individual game files are validated, but I came up with a way (and implemented it) to get around all that, and it's actually a simple solution. When the File Select screen is up, a copy of the cart's SRAM (containing the 'header' and all 3 files) is loaded into a block of ram. And since the save data has already been validated, you can simply inject an OoT SRAM file into a savestate, and start one of the game files. Then all you do is save and the game file is written, and OoT won't reject it when you reset.

Right now my major goals are to

• Implement a GUI interface which requires these things
    • Create a collection of tables that map out the Game File data
    • Create a system that will read the tables into memory
    • Create some sort of dynamic interface system that allows users to edit the data through various interfaces
  • Re-write a decent amount of code so that you can edit a Game File or SRAM file with the Hex Editor and the GUI interface side by side.
  • Add the ability to keep the various files in seperate folders (ex. VC folder for SRAM dumps that are compatible with the Wii, Savestates in another folder, etc.)
  • Add the ability to rip Game File data off of Savestates, and add support for Mupen savestates.
  • Make the Hex Editor less shitty.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Majora252
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 05:47:23 PM »

Sounds cool. Too bad you're using C# though (I use C++)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 06:31:08 AM »

I've managed to successfully inject a modded VC save in OoT. I plan on making a "Medals Stones Child" save shortly that will attempt to make it possible to beat every dungeon and Ganon as a child (though the only way to reach Ganon would be to use Farore's Wind.

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 03:15:00 AM »

neat. that should be very interesting to see.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 12:36:13 AM »

Someone finally posted a Checksum algorithm for Ocarina of Time on spinout's Z64, and I've added that into the program.

I also added a hack in that randomly generates a save game that is moderately playable at the very least. It's kind of neat going out to grab bombs or the hookshot, knowing that you have a 50/50 chance that the chest they're in has already been open, or a 25% chance that a boss door can't possibly be opened, or that on average, 77.3% of you inventory items will be completely useless, not factoring in child/adult only situations.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:47:48 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »

Blind racing randomly generated saves sounds amazing. It will be the new bingo.