ZSR Forums
May 07, 2024, 11:06:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: TAS Competition  (Read 46124 times)
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2015, 05:49:23 PM »

I wanna try to join, it looked fun =)) I never done a TAS before though so idk how i can make this.. I can't even do a gainer with TAS controls ;(
Eumeus14
Deku Scrub

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2015, 05:51:54 PM »

@Gabyelnuevo, I can try and help you with it
TheCowness
Deku Scrub

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2015, 06:30:29 PM »

Aw sweet, they put me first in the video.  Probably because it was the best submission.  I mean, look at how fast those backflip hovers were!

That really wasn't bad for learning how to record a TAS and then doing the whole video in three hours.  If I did angled hovers instead of using hover boots (which would've only taken like ten minutes but I wanted to go to bed) I could've maybe been under a minute.  I don't think I saw anyone else use hover boots for anything, but I like my way of collecting the skull token.  It looked like someone did a 0,0,0 glitch to kill the skull by dropping a bomb in the bottom of GC; I did that on accident once but couldn't reproduce it Lips sealed If you killed the skull that way, you should be able to collect the skull with hover boots out of the HESS, which would look extremely cool.

I'm looking forward to actually putting time into the next task.

Anyone else notice the guys who are hosting the competition just happened to win the first round?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:32:03 PM by TheCowness » Logged
darb_meister30
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2015, 07:02:06 PM »

oh sweet! I can't wait to see your next submission. Surely you'll have more time to make the next one. we're gonna make it due june 24. I'll post it hopefully some time today.
darb_meister30
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2015, 11:12:10 PM »

Task 2 is here! Here's the challenge:

http://i.imgur.com/JkyLx0e.png NO elemental arrows either, in case you were wondering

Savestates:

Mupen (both U and J states): http://www.mediafire.com/download/ir4nfw5fvjv96ol/Task2.7z
Bizhawk (1.9.4) (J version): https://www.mediafire.com/?6qs5oarfwoj5gqp

This one will be due on June 24, 2015. Let me know if you have questions or problems. Good job everyone who did task 1. I hope to see you all again for task 2!

Bizhawk people: send bk2's to bradwickliffe@yahoo.com
Mupen people: send m64's to Eumeus14@gmail.com
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:41:34 PM by darb_meister30 » Logged
Eumeus14
Deku Scrub

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2015, 01:50:57 AM »

before anyone asks, you can use hookshot, just not longshot
TheCowness
Deku Scrub

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2015, 06:10:09 PM »

Wow, cool, touchpad, just refresh the window like two seconds before I submit my post, thanks.  What was I saying again.  Bah.

--------

I've got a couple of random TAS-noob questions here to make sure I'm not doing things wrong (I'm using BizHawk 1.9.4 at the moment):

1) Unlike pause buffering when you push the buttons on the frame you want Link to react to them, when I use frame advance it seems I need to input everything two visual frames early.  Is that normal?  It makes aiming ESSes really annoying.

2) I started on task two last night and my video immediately desyncs.  If I start playing it and press F1 to load save state one it plays perfectly, though.  I made that state just after starting the video and repositioning Link.  Anyone have any good ideas on how to salvage this? I'm thinking about copying the save state, starting a new movie, and opening both movies in a text editor and copying the inputs from the desync'd video over.  The movie's only like six seconds long, though; it wouldn't kill me to try redoing what I did last night and get Link in a better ending position.  But I also doubt this will be the only time ever that I have a video desync on me, so let's ask now.
darb_meister30
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2015, 07:15:51 PM »

@TheCowness

1) yes that is normal. even in normal casual gameplay there is a 2 frame input delay; it's just inherent in the game itself. Yeah, it is kind of annoying to deal with, but that's where note taking comes in handy. I like to write down my frame numbers for every input i do so that I can map out what frame I need to make future inputs on, because obviously it is impossible to determine what you need to do just by looking at the screen.

2) i have no idea man :/ I've never heard of that happening.
TheCowness
Deku Scrub

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2015, 02:38:18 AM »

Doesn't look like I can fix it, but whatever.  I tried copying over the input list and got an error saying something about the header.  The .bk2 file looks like it's a bunch of files mashed together with a lot of binary data, so I didn't really have high hopes for editing it successfully in Notepad++.  I kinda wanted to redo the beginning anyway so I can look EVEN COOLER but hopefully it doesn't happen again.
darb_meister30
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2015, 02:39:37 AM »

it shouldnt happen again. ive never heard of bizhawk doing that
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2015, 05:45:29 AM »

It loos like you didn't see my pm Darb so I'll ask my question here (anyway this may interest some people)

When an ennemy is considered as killed ? I mean let's say I killed a scrub but I'm far enough to it that if I turn the camera it will be unloaded (just like the deku baba in no RBA/WW in the forest temple)... so do we have to wait for the ennemy to completely disappear ?

Edit: also since I'm pretty new in the TAS community, I was wondering if it's possible to have a positive speed of 18 and how to do it ?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:50:16 AM by Amateseru » Logged
Eumeus14
Deku Scrub

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2015, 02:41:57 PM »

@amataseru As long as an enemy has been damaged for the final time, that would count as being killed. As for positive 18 speed, you can do a forward A slide, which is done by shielding damage in a roll, then alternating between Down and neutral every visual frame. This is also how weirdshots work
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2015, 07:02:12 PM »

Ok big thanks for both answers

Edit: well actually... I just can't A-slide, I don't know how to do it and I guess it's possible with a double chu explosion, would it be possible to have at least a pastebin somewhere ?

Also that would be nice if someone has useful values on MHS for Bizhawk 1.9.4 :3 (or if someone knows by how much you have to move the adresses between 1.9.1 and 1.9.4 because I just can't find the good number u_u)

Editedit: Got what I wanted, huge thanks to Andzura http://pastebin.com/48Kwp2fF
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:25:09 PM by Amateseru » Logged
TheCowness
Deku Scrub

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 05:05:21 AM »

Got my submission sent in.  Had another desync tonight that I noticed after I finished, but it was close to the end so whatever.  I probably didn't lose more than half a second from redoing it hastily.  The whole thing's pretty sloppy but it looks so cooooooooooooooooooooooool.  And I think my strategy was really effective.  But WE WILL SEE.
darb_meister30
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2015, 07:09:50 PM »

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR BIZHAWK PEOPLE:

Since I have had trouble with almost every person's movie who used BizHawk, I'm going to ask that we all use the same exact settings for next task so that I don't have problems loading it.

Please make sure your settings are as follows:

Core Type:                                                  Pure Interpreter
Rsp Plugin:                                                  Hle
Active Video Plugin:                                      Glide64
Video Resolution (not required, but preferred):  800x600

Glide64 Settings:

Autodetect Microcode (check)
Motion Blur (check)

Do not check anything else.

Make sure ALL of these settings are correct BEFORE you start your movie. You will not be able to change the settings after you start your movie.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: