Oracle of Ages/Seasons [GBC] - All Categories

<< < (2/13) > >>

SD2:
Thanks for this again.

I need to watch that test run, but I saw the Swordless' TAS, and with my continued effort at 3 hearting this sucker,  I can tell this'll be hard.

Savewarping is so damn helpful in this game, most of the dungeons are probably going to be 4 - 5 segments long.  Savewarping is so damn broken in this game, you can even change back and forth through time if you play right (after getting the sea chart, for instance).

SD2:
Segment 1 is done, I'll put the video up shortly.

Which do you guys think is the better option: getting 60 rupees from chests/ along the way through the run, or digging up a 100 rupee piece on my way to Maku Road (this could take hours due to rarity, but will likely save 30 seconds)?

I'd be getting the rupee on the first dig, no exceptions, because I can literally dig 10-15 seconds into the segment, and I can put in a save at the beginning of Maku Road.

Tompa:
Don't take any rupee chests at least. You should easily be able to get the 80 rupees you need from enemy drops. But if you managed to dig up a 100 rupee on your first try, sure.

I haven't worked much on the route yet, have so many other projects I want to do. But here's what I've done so far.

Segment 1
Talk to the bear last so you don't need to speak to it twice.
If you press start or select when the music is about to stop, the music will continue. Useless, but hey :).
Half the segment is cutscenes, so just spam A+B.
Save after the Shovel has been obtained.

Segment 2
Go to the Maku Road.
Push button, fall down the hole. Open the chest, fall down the hole.
After the Maku Tree has been saved, go to the right to get to the graveyard, ignore the 30 rupee chest.
Save at Spirit's Grave.

Segment 3
Grab the Power Ring L-1.
In the room with the moving platform before the miniboss, push the block instead of wait.
Grab the Power Bracelet and S&Q.

Segment 4
Go left to get the Big Key.
Do a one round kill against the boss.
Save after the dungeon is finished.

Segment 5
Head to Vasu to appraise the Power Ring L-1 and put it on you. Equip it during an item switch.
Go to the forest and play with the fairies
Navigate like this:
Right, down. First fairy.
Up, down, up, down, up. Second fairy.
Up. Third fairy.
Lift the rock to the dungeon and S&Q.

SD2:
Haven't tried segment 2 (just got GCN Twilight Princess), but I'll think about it.

Also, would a save after the boss key in Spirit's Grave save any time?

Tompa:
Read again.... It's before the Boss Key, not after it.
Overall, I'm not good at using S&Qs to save time, as I hardly ever do that when I play the game normally. So I'm pretty sure that someone else could make that part better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page