ZSR Forums
May 17, 2024, 08:21:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 293976 times)
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #180 on: August 15, 2012, 08:00:54 PM »

Why it works is because a deku sticks and many other items have the put away effect from TSC. So you can find the angle and use a deku stick to clip through the guy.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2012, 08:26:43 PM »

I've messed around with deku stick TSC. However, I have had zero luck with forest escape. I don't even feel that I'm close. Are you sure it's possible?

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #182 on: August 15, 2012, 09:33:51 PM »

Yes, I am sure that it works, you just need to time it before the normal put away effect, and also, look slightly to the left of the black mark on the wall past the sign. That's where you clip.
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #183 on: August 15, 2012, 09:38:17 PM »

I remember somebody saying that TSC escape was possible with a deku stick, but I dont see how as you dont get a put away boost from the broken stick. Is there anybody here who has actually somehow done it that can confirm it?

ok forest escape doesn't work with a deku stick like that, what you saw is someone miss wording how it works, you use the sword slashes 3 times then use a deku stick instead of put away button which makes it so you don't accidently talk to the guy blocking your way out of the forest that much.

could be wrong but i think that is how it was suppose to be explained if it just works with a deku stick alone then enlighten us
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2012, 01:51:17 AM »

ok so I was wondering....

we all know we can get to Jabu-Jabu's belly as an adult (because the portal/entrance is still opened even as an adult)...but does the same effect work as a kid? like can we enter ganon's castle as a child? or did the JJB one work because the map doesn't change at all kid link or adult link (which would mean leaving the entrance in the same spot...)?
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2012, 03:11:40 AM »

we all know we can get to Jabu-Jabu's belly as an adult (because the portal/entrance is still opened even as an adult)...but does the same effect work as a kid? like can we enter ganon's castle as a child? or did the JJB one work because the map doesn't change at all kid link or adult link (which would mean leaving the entrance in the same spot...)?

I'm no game designer, I don't know what can and can't be done, but I suppose anything is possible. However, if the loading zone was still there for Ganon's Castle at young Link, how exactly would we get to it? One we don't know where it would be, two even if it was there as young link, it would be some place unreachable. I'm most likely wrong here because, once again, I am no game designer, and I do not understand the technical aspects of this game very well.

doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2012, 03:35:24 AM »

Ill take a pic of the mini map as kid link and I also take a pic of the mini map as adult link and overlay them with photo shop so we can see the difference (and where the entrance is Grin)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2012, 03:54:39 AM »

Ill take a pic of the mini map as kid link and I also take a pic of the mini map as adult link and overlay them with photo shop so we can see the difference (and where the entrance is Grin)

Go for. I don't really think that X and Y axis will be a problem though. I'm thinking the real problem would be the Z axis (up and down)

DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2012, 05:23:18 AM »

I'm pretty sure that Ganon's Castle and Hyrule Castle are totally different maps in the original OoT, if i'm not mistaken. Now, considering would they would need to do to get both to share the same exact region, I don't see any reason why Grezzo would make them the same place.

Then again, they could have been lazy and copy certain aspects of the Hyrule Castle map and paste it into the Ganon's castle map. I still think it unlikely.

SOLD OUT
T00lri0t
Deku Scrub

« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2012, 05:42:14 AM »

I have never played this game but I know original OoT pretty well. If what were trying to figure out actually works then wouldn't there be a way to get into the fairy fountain near Ganons castle as young link? If both maps are connected then I don't see why that entrance would be excluded. Like I said I've never played OoT3D and as for glitching the game in general I'm no good, but if I'm reading this right I don't see why this wouldn't work either (if the castle is reachable as child in the first place). Sounds like a lot of bomb hovering to me
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2012, 06:25:42 AM »

Too bad there is no bomb hovering in oot3d Tongue

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2012, 07:16:04 AM »

The reason you can enter Jabu-Jabu as an Adult is because the child and adult versions of Zora's Fountain are the same scene, and because the exits of any scene are always loaded regardless of what age or time it is.

Scene setups are what makes the child and adult versions of Zora's Fountain different. They are basically just different actor lists that are loaded depending on whether a cutscene should play, or if Link is a child or an adult and if it's day or night out.

On the other hand, Hyrule Castle and Ganon's Tower are actually two completely different scenes, so the exits in the Hyrule Castle area don't exist in the Ganon's Tower area, and vice versa.

One rather nifty thing about Hyrule Castle/Ganon's Tower though is that when you hit an exit that leads to this area (like Great Fairy Fountain -> Hyrule Castle/Ganon's Tower), the same entrance index is used to put you at both places; the game uses Link's age to determine which scene to ultimately load. So for example, if you wrong warp to the inside of Ganon's Tower as a child and left normally, you'd end up in the Hyrule Castle map instead of  Ganon's Tower.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »

Id like to do a NG+ MST segmented run. This way it looks better can record better etc. I can also show cool timesavers. (many RI warps, insane spirit timesaver) So can a new category be created?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:51:58 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2012, 05:01:48 PM »

One rather nifty thing about Hyrule Castle/Ganon's Tower though is that when you hit an exit that leads to this area (like Great Fairy Fountain -> Hyrule Castle/Ganon's Tower), the same entrance index is used to put you at both places; the game uses Link's age to determine which scene to ultimately load. So for example, if you wrong warp to the inside of Ganon's Tower as a child and left normally, you'd end up in the Hyrule Castle map instead of  Ganon's Tower.

has anyone discovered a ww to Ganon's castle yet(I was actually thinking about getting there like that as well Grin)? also sorry I haven't gotten any pics yet...I'm busy with work atm......

and how many other spots can you actually do the JJB glitch?(if you know what I mean...)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »

has anyone discovered a ww to Ganon's castle yet(I was actually thinking about getting there like that as well Grin)? also sorry I haven't gotten any pics yet...I'm busy with work atm......

and how many other spots can you actually do the JJB glitch?(if you know what I mean...)

So far all attempts to wrong warp to Ganon's Castle have resulted in a crash. I suppose there could be some more testing with it,  but I'm doubtful that it can be done.

Right now there are no spots similar to JJB. I mean there are a couple loading zone glitches like trials skip,  but no spots exactly like JJB.

Id like to do a NG+ MST segmented run. This way it looks better can record better etc. I can also show cool timesavers. (many RI warps, insane spirit timesaver) So can a new category be created?

I'd also like a segmented MST category. It would be a better way to show off all of the cool tricks. What is this insane Spirit time saver?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:37:59 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: