ZSR Forums
May 09, 2024, 07:02:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help...  (Read 7727 times)
Elminster45
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »

I can't seem to get the Spirit Temple slingshot skip. I tried to do the bubble boost but I can never get the angle right (I think I heard only 2 people have gotten it to work) so I tried sidehop hovering. I can get one or two sidehops in but I always end up killing it with the infinite sword. And yes, my sword is put away. Megaflips for me are out of the question.

Any tips/intricacies? Or should I just keep trying?
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 07:04:47 PM »

Child Spirit Slingshot skip is pretty hard.  I had the same problem with sidehop hovering way back when I did it that way, but I eventually got lucky and made it.  Some people seem to think backflip hovering is easier, so maybe try that.  I've never done the boost or the megaflip, so I can't really help there.

After the bubble, you'll have the Lizalfos hover, which is also pretty hard. :/

Just keep trying.  Backflip hovering might make things easier, though.
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 07:13:51 PM »

The megaflip isn't too bad, really. Why is it out of the question? The lizalfos hover is way harder so get ready for even more lame tricks.
Elminster45
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 07:32:24 PM »

I'm simply terrible at megaflips. I have only ever done one, and that was by accident. And getting the Stalfos in the right place, not dying with it around just seems like a lot. I could not speedrun this. I like to take a deep breath, focus, and the rolling into damage part of the megaflip prevents me from doing that.

Even if I get this part, the Lizalfos hover is going to slaughter me. Just based on that.

So I'm trying the backflip hover, and I think I should just stick with sidehops. Every damn time I backflip hover I instantly kill the bubble. If only I had bombchus...

The backflip seems to be otherwise easier, since I never miss the bubble (even though I can't see it). I'm considering throwing a backflip into the sidehop hover, somewhere around the middle of the pit, because I tend to screw up the timing and end up hovering below the floor so I need more height.

If I get enough height that way (after maybe two backflips? I dunno) then perhaps I can make a sidehop from the middle of the chasm and still make it.

So basically this is a low% Stones w/o RBA. The point of this is to get the glitched deku nut upgrade so it isn't lost forever, and to keep the deku sticks (cause you have to turn them into a bottle after stealing the rod). So this could still be a 100% file after I'm done. Which got me thinking, am I just trading the slingshot for deku nuts? Couldn't I take the slingshot, use that to kill Gohma and avoid the nuts? That would make early chus much easier.

But...I think deku nuts are required to kill the armos in the 2nd room of Spirit. That was the only way I could do it.
^ EDIT: Huge oversight. I'm doing this to GET THE MISSABLE DEKU NUT UPGRADE. Of course I need deku nuts. Roll Eyes

The way this is going, the impromptu goal had better not be to obtain the Triforce do all dungeons in reverse order. That'd be a doozy.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 07:34:06 PM by Elminster45 » Logged
Elminster45
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 07:54:52 PM »

Never mind, I DID IT!

Sidehop FTW. No backflips. I did two sidehops, but killed the bubble. Then I was like hey, I'll try a third one. I might even make it without the bubble. And I did.

For some reason, I'm ridiculously proud of myself. Now for the Lizalfos hover. This is going to be hell on Hyrule.

I doubt that'll even be the hardest trick, even though I've heard it proclaimed as such. I have to bombchu hover so I can throw bombchus into KD's mouth, and I have to bombchu hover into the Forest Temple as a child to get the bow.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 08:07:56 PM »

I would still practice megaflips. Don't try and do it all at once. Stalfos, gap, timing, etc. It's too much at once. Just get a file with some bombs and practice anywhere. No gaps, no enemies. Just timing. Then try on some Deku Babas or other enemies that have very predictable attack patterns. Work your way to the Stalfos, but still don't worry about the gap, just try and do it anywhere in that room.

I'm still confused as to the goal of this...it's low% but you want to get the glitched deku nut upgrade? It seems odd that you are going after these ridiculously hard tricks. Stuff like bombchu hovering to throw chus in KD's mouth and chu hovering to Forest Temple to get bow both make me wince at the thought of trying to do them.

And trust me, none of that stuff is going to be in Impromptu, unless RingRush is evil.  Tongue The success rate would be awful if that stuff was needed. If you want to practice for Impromptu, I'd do stuff like forest escape, DoT Skip, BotW Chus.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Elminster45
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 09:20:57 PM »

Do I need both Lizalfos for the hover or just one?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 09:22:13 PM »

yeah imo the green bubble hover is the best way to get through that room. bubble boost is UNBELIEVABLY HARD (hardest trick in the game BY FAR imo) and stalfos megaflip is too luck-based for my tastes. green bubble hover isn't much slower than stalfos megaflip, and it's probably the easiest method to get across that room. Smiley

and you need both lizalfos to do the hover. good luck, lizalfos hover is soul-crushing. Sad

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »

chu hovering to Forest Temple to get bow

Oh come on, this isn't that hard.

bombchu hovering to throw chus in KD's mouth

But this sure is!
Schilleey
Deku Scrub

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 10:46:26 AM »

try to get it with backflips...thats much easier^^
SuperGamingFreak
Deku Scrub

Peace Guys

thedude2010@live.de
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 09:25:19 PM »

try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHh96TWPPA4

Sup3rG4m1ngFr3ak
Elminster45
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 01:10:40 AM »

If you had actually read this topic you would've noticed that I got the bubble hover to work.

THREE MONTHS AGO.
SuperGamingFreak
Deku Scrub

Peace Guys

thedude2010@live.de
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 10:12:06 PM »

i dont read, i wright!

Sup3rG4m1ngFr3ak
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: