ZSR Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:24:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ESS angle on PS3 controller  (Read 4908 times)
Nethox
Deku Scrub

« on: April 11, 2013, 03:06:06 PM »

Hey guys, I recently started running any% no RBA/WW and I can get pretty much most of the tricks pretty consistently except for the WESS to Kakariko to get castle before night. (I do the chain trick to get into castle).

I get the WESS about 1 out of 5 times because I can't seem to get the ESS angle consistently on my PS3 controller even after hours of practice.

So I'd like to know if anyone uses a PS3 controller here, and if so, which input plugin and deadzone/sensitivity/range percentages are you using?
Are there any tips you can give me to be more consistent at getting the angle and keeping it throughout the WESS?

To me getting WESS is harder than the DoT skip so that doesn't really make sense..

Any help is very appreciated!
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:08:23 PM »

I've always liked original N64 controller best choice for everything with 0% deathzone if you have properly working controller. You can get one of those adapter from ebay pretty cheap or you can buy one really good one from here:
http://raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_n64_usb_adapters/index.php?category=USB

This is what I currently own and it works perfectly for playing any emulator games. One time before this I ordered one cheap adapter from ebay and it didn't wotk at all. So if you decide to pay little bit more you get much better adapter and it works!

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Nethox
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:05:56 PM »

Thanks for the info! I was already aware that there were adapters but not about the one you talked about.

However, I won't be able to acquire such hardware for at least 1-2 months but I'd like to continue practicing in the meantime, and my only option is a PS3 controller atm. Any tips/info I'm missing?
Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:01:08 PM »

you could use the TAS input plugin to see exactly how far you are pushing the stick so you know if you are pushing it too far or not.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:12:21 AM »

I use a ps3 controller too, and I'm pretty bad at the WESS (That's not just the controller though). I have the deadzone at 25% though, and it feels kind of the same as doing it on a GC controller for VC (If you've ever used that).
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 12:44:18 PM »

The position you're holding your control stick when Link turns without walking is the position you want to hold your control stick in. You should check this position. If your deadzone is set to 0% you should only have to apply a very slight pressure to your control stick.

I tried to use a PS3 controller just for the heck of it once, but I have a very cheap clone PS3 controller. This controller had a very big deadzone for the analog sticks, which you can't change in the settings. An original PS3 controller shouldn't have this problem, so if that's what you use ESS shouldn't be too hard if you set the deadzone to 0%.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: