ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 09:22:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: GS Races  (Read 11753 times)
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 06:05:59 AM »

I never bought the shield. Its purposeful. Just sword then escape. That gs is a pro gs Tongue

And that is a good thing. We should try to find the most optimal route. Yours seems lovely.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
Paladrima
Deku Scrub

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 03:55:13 PM »

Ok, so i had an idea for a new route, since i didn't like some parts of my route that i used in that one race where i got a 49:xx.

This new route seems to be a bit faster, but also requires more overall speed making it quite a bit harder too.

http://pastebin.com/BmdwnkZu

Reason for that is, that you basically have like nearly no time to waste while travelling in the overworld in places where time runs.
This includes the way to Kakariko, the megaflip past waterfall (very evil if you miss it) and the whole DMT-stuff.

So i went to test that route and got a 48:01 (damn you 3cycle DH).

Incase you mess something up and don't make Kakariko before daytime after DMT, it seems to me that you might as well just wait for nighttime in DMT and go to LLR right after Kak as second option, which should cost the fewest amount of time compared to doing the route perfectly.

Another thing is, if you miss the megaflip past WF, you should probably get the GS down there too and skip the hyrule castle GS (+owl !) this way, since you'll have to wait for nighttime anyway later.
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 06:43:07 PM »

Wow, that's a really good route Cheesy

I think I'm going to borrow it Tongue Hope you don't mind.

Is sub 45 possible with perfection? Like 1 cycle DH, perfect/near perfect sidehops/travel, etc.

And I do like the optional ladder GS, I frequently miss that megaflip. I get it mabye 1/3 now which is better than 0/10.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
Paladrima
Deku Scrub

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »

If I would've had a problem with other people using that route, I wouldn't have posted it would I? Wink

I don't think sub45 is possible, my test wasn't perfect, but it wasn't that bad either. In the overworld you can gain/lose like literally no time at all because the time of the day basically tells you how fast you can be or how slow you can be.

So it's really only places where time doesn't run that really matter (obviously talking about you get Kakariko before Daytime).
Even though i'm somewhat slow with that Like-Like GS (more the way than the GS itself) and i had a little screwup with DH/vineclip, i seriously doubt that that cost more than 3min altogether.

Maybe a 46:xx is possible, more will be extremely hard. Especially since you still wait like 1-1,5min in front of LLR to enter it, but i can't see a reasonable way around that problem.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:37:22 PM by Paladrima » Logged
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 07:41:39 PM »

http://pastebin.com/0WxJWL8g

That's the route I chose. Like Pala, my route has issues with waiting around for LLR at night but other than that it seemed to work ok. I got an hour, but one could easily save a good few minutes because I'm not overly fast and made a few screw ups.
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 08:57:01 PM »

I'd take out GS in maze and put in the GS near Kak in the hole.

It's faster imo. Saves 4 chus (just in case you mess up).

Pala, what if right after you got bugs in the bottle went outside to the DMT GS? That way it'll be a little bit into night when you hit Kak. Grab the GS just outside of Kak. Then Kak is out of the way and you can grab the GS in the Tree at Zora river instead of the high up GS in the graveyard. So when you hit castle it's day. Grab the 2 GS. By this time it's either nearing or at Sunset. Then LLR to finish.

This method however requires a perfect megaflip to enter just before morning. Then just after JJB/Fountain GS savewarp, aquascape and finish it off.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:06:41 PM by CHC » Logged

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
Paladrima
Deku Scrub

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 09:59:56 PM »

You're not able to enter DMT coming from Kakariko without Zeldas Letter, since the gate is closed Wink

But we definitely have to test if its actually faster to "miss the megaflip on purpose", get the GS down there and then just wait in DMT for nighttime again, i've a feeling that could be very very close timewise actually  Grin
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »

Oh yeah. We could go from LW though. That would work too. Just theorizing, we want an optimal route.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
zodiac
Regular Guay

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 10:09:09 PM »

coming all the way from LW would suck because youd still have to wait for night before savewarping or miss out on skulltulas before hand which is not worth it to save standing outside of kak for 20 seconds
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »

We have to go from LW anyway if we want those GS. The DMT GS suck for that reason :/ Takes 3 chus to get them all from LW. And if you sacrifice one in the Graveyard for the one in the tree in ZR it might be worth it.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
Paladrima
Deku Scrub

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 11:18:03 PM »

Hmm, in my route substitute the Hyrule Castle GS with the one in the tree in ZR, when you get Kakariko before Daytime.
That would make this one the new one:

http://pastebin.com/vTquiJ12

That should be slightly faster, since you don't talk to the owl and don't run too long through non-time passing zones (and it is 2 screenchanges less).

Edit: Just saw yours: I don't see why that sucks, it's not like there aren't chus to spare anyway, so i really don't see the advantage of that.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:22:21 PM by Paladrima » Logged
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 11:51:19 PM »

It sucks to get there, kak-dmt is faster. But the gate. That's why it sucks.

And the advantage is to skip waiting for night/day. It should be more smooth, but idk haven't tested it.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »

47:31 - pretty good time to say I had no idea where to get bugs after they all went into the soil.
http://www.twitch.tv/fantatanked/b/298092219 - part one
http://www.twitch.tv/fantatanked/b/298092347 - part 2, stupid jtv splitting files
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: