ZSR Forums
May 14, 2024, 01:08:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: www.ZeldaBingo.com  (Read 5092 times)
Zamiel
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: November 13, 2013, 02:42:28 AM »

Hi guys,

In case you hadn't heard, I whipped up a little Bingo related website: www.ZeldaBingo.com. I actually made it back in September, but I figured I would post it here for those who haven't seen it and it would find it interesting/useful.

The way it started: One day I saw that Runnerguy was streaming working on his Bingo statistics Excel spreadsheet. No offense to Runnerguy, but it was super shitty. It looked really messy with random cell calculations all over the place, and on top of that he had to enter in all of the race data by hand. /barf

I volunteered to replicate the Excel spreadsheet in a tiny Perl script, and then just make a front-end webpage for the script so that everyone could easily use it. It's really only a few hundred lines of code for the script, and then a few hundred lines of code for the webpage. Also, it's my very first web page, so it might be a little rough around the edges. =p

Interestingly, the site has enough data now that it actually seems pretty accurate in predicting which rows that runners will choose. For example, look at the race listing for race ID 73979 and race ID 73907. =)

That's about it for now. If you're a really good Bingo player, your feedback is welcome. Wink
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:29:18 AM by Zamiel » Logged
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »

I'm not actually really good at bingo or anything but this stuff looks awesome! I don't know why anyone hasn't posted anything in this topic but I really like your site. It's awesome! I'm gonna use this for sure if I need to. Keep up to good work! Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Edacaf
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 07:53:14 PM »

This site is pretty cool! I can't believe it's been up so long and I haven't heard anything about it.

Good luck with any improvements and I hope it sees some use Smiley
Zamiel
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:28:22 AM »

Hello,

It's been over a year since I last posted in this thread. The site was down for a little while, but I wanted to get it back going again, so I decided to completely rebuild the site from scratch last month.
It took a while, but I'm all done now. And it doesn't look like complete shit anymore. ;)

Besides being based on v8.3 bingo data (as opposed to v8.1), the site has four other features that the old site from last year didn't have:

1) The leaderboard

SRL points aren't a great indicator of bingo skill -- players who play a lot of bingo may also race other OoT categories. So, with the help of PsyMarth, I was able to whip up a leaderboard that is purely based on bingo races. Additionally, the page shows various player statistics similar to the ones provided by Giuocob's IRC BingoBot.

2) Race detection

The home page will automatically provide a link to the seed for any races that are currently being played. This saves you from having to copy-paste the seed into the box. Such convenience. Wow.

3+4) Showing of ZL and RBA goals

There's two checkboxes on the board analysis page to highlight goals that require ZL and goals that involve RBA. This is useful if you want to see if there is any ZL/RBA synergy on the board. Or, alternatively, if you hate doing rows with ZL/RBA, use this option to help you avoid those rows.

For an example of this, see this page.

That's it for now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: